NFL Network on Sirius has Dmac

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2034410 said:
Yep. Same with Aaron Rodgers, Steven Jackson, and even Matt Leinart was supposed to be a top 2-3 pick.

Every year man, every year.

Great examples.

mperfection

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2034414 said:
David,
Don't give up yet. Keep the Faith. :)

I was looking at the value chart today (yes, I know everyone is now saying to ignore it; but it's still useful) and the combined value of our 2 #1 picks get you right to the #5 or #6 spot. It's not out of the realm of impossiblity.

In fact, it looks almost certain that DMac won't go in the top 5 if there isn't a trade with the top 5 teams.

If this is true, would it be out of the realm of possibility for us to trade up to the number 6 or 7 spot with our 2 firsts, and THEN trade Akin Ayodele and next year's number 1 pick to Detroit for Roy Williams?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Dmac will not fall no were close to #10, and furthermore we dont need to be drafting a RB in the 1st or 2nd rounds PERIOD:starspin

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
rags747;2034364 said:
falling to Carolina at #13 in their latest mock. I believe its Kirwin and his sidekick. This was in their new mock on Friday.

Does Jerry pull the trigger once Dmac is out of the top 10? How about you?
I think Jerry pulls the trigger if he knows for sure that both Boldin and Williams will not be available for a #1.

Jerry said he would not consider moving up until pic #11 if I remember correctly. That might be smokescreen and it might be the truth, we dont know.

I do know that McFadden would be a STEAL if he dropped out of the top 10, he is universally considered the best player in this draft. Plus, look at the draft chart and you will see that both 1st could move up to #11 easy, in fact we would probably need a pick back to even things out if we really care to match point for point on the chart.

The only negative is this probably means Barber walks after this year, dont see us giving him a big contract if we alredy have McFadden. Also, Newman and Ware are going to need extensions next year also. Just not enough money to sign both McFadden and Barber too.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2034528 said:
Jerry said he would not consider moving up until pic #11 if I remember correctly. That might be smokescreen and it might be the truth, we dont know.

I do know that McFadden would be a STEAL if he dropped out of the top 10, he is universally considered the best player in this draft. Plus, look at the draft chart and you will see that both 1st could move up to #11 easy, in fact we would probably need a pick back to even things out if we really care to match point for point on the chart.

The only negative is this probably means Barber walks after this year, dont see us giving him a big contract if we alredy have McFadden. Also, Newman and Ware are going to need extensions next year also. Just not enough money to sign both McFadden and Barber too.
i think the main thing when it comes to barber is whether we draft Dmac or not(i hope we do) how much money do you give a guy who runs as pshyical as barber does.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
If DMAC falls past 10 you can bet your life that Jerry will trade up to get him.

Nexx

Reaction score
if the cowboys make a play for dmac, does that make barber expendable? would detroit or arizona trade one of their stud receivers for barber?

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
I think Jerry has got us all by the testicles.

He's scheming and I bet he nabs all three. All in the same swing. Bank it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
CowboyChris;2034513 said:
Dmac will not fall no were close to #10, and furthermore we dont need to be drafting a RB in the 1st or 2nd rounds PERIOD:starspin

I disagree about drafting a RB in rounds 1 or 2. Its one of the bigger needs on the team. Realistically, there isn't a position other then CB that would even see more time on the field over #2 RB. Trading for a #2 WR obviously would but coming from the draft, no position would get more time then RB, right after a CB.

I think RB can be addressed no later than the 2nd round pick.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
mperfection;2034492 said:
If this is true, would it be out of the realm of possibility for us to trade up to the number 6 or 7 spot with our 2 firsts, and THEN trade Akin Ayodele and next year's number 1 pick to Detroit for Roy Williams?

Ok, let's say that Roy Williams AND DMac is even possible. I would think that we would trade our #22 this year, 3rd rounder, and 1st rounder next year for DMac, and then trade our #28 for Roy Williams. I think it would be hard to sell the Lions on getting a pick NEXT year for a player they could have for at least two more years. Now, I didn't check the numbers for the DMac trade, but I know we would have to give up another pick this year if we gave up #22 and next year's #1 for DMac. I'd rather keep Ayodele, I'm not sold on Zach Thomas playing the entire season. Oh, and we could draft a corner in Round 2.

But seriously, I would have a hard time pulling of these trades in Madden, let alone in the real NFL.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
DMAC won't fall past #6. Either the Jets take him or someone trades up for him. But he won't fall past #6.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
cobra;2034588 said:
DMAC won't fall past #6. Either the Jets take him or someone trades up for him. But he won't fall past #6.

I hope the jets do take him. picks-wise, money-wise and needs-wise Dallas should just forget about DMC.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2034410 said:
Yep. Same with Aaron Rodgers, Steven Jackson, and even Matt Leinart was supposed to be a top 2-3 pick.

Steven Jackson was not a consensus top 5 pick. He did fall about 10 spots behind where he was projected, but he was never considered to be a potential top 5-10 pick and it was considered a very weak RB class.

As for Aaron Rodgers and Matt Leinart, those are poor analogies because both of them were QBs who had another QB go ahead of them and push them downwards. Alex Smith leap-frogged Aaron Rodgers as the draft approached and ended up going #1 overall. At the time, the thought was that one of the qbs would go early in the top 5. But not both of them. Smith went in the top 5, and Rodgers predictably dropped--although he dropped farther than would be expected. Leinart was the same: was the #1 QB Leinart or Young? Young ended up being the pick at #3 and Leinart didn't go to #10. And, of course, it happened to Brady last year when Russell got the nod over him as the best QB.

But being the #2 QB is different than the #1 RB who is widely considered to the be one of, if not the top players in the entire draft. There isn't going to be a RB that leap frogs DMAC. And a player of his talent will go in to the 6. Someone will go after him. There is no way he free falls like the #2 QBs have done the last 3 drafts.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2034392 said:
He would never reach #10. Jerry would make the deal at 7-8-9

If he slips to #5..I see us making a trade with any team thereafter to get DMAC.

It's the bonus money we are worried about..it could wreck our cap for next year if we take him any sooner than that.

We'll see.

:starspin ReDBall ExPreSS:starspin

Reaction score
The NFL needs to revisit it's compensation for rookies, it should be set up more like the NBA and MLB. Veterans who've peformed are the ones who should be getting the big contracts...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
When Galloway talked to Jerry about DMac and Jerry said he would *not* be trading up into the top 5-10, he asked him if that meant he would try to do something if he did fall out of the top 10. Jerry pretty much said that you'd be safe in your assumption that I would be very interested if that were to happen. (It may even have been stronger language than that.)

DFWJC

Reaction score
rags747;2034364 said:
falling to Carolina at #13 in their latest mock. I believe its Kirwin and his sidekick. This was in their new mock on Friday.

Does Jerry pull the trigger once Dmac is out of the top 10? How about you?
I think Jerry pulls the trigger if he knows for sure that both Boldin and Williams will not be available for a #1.

DMac at 13 seems close to impossible...but stranger things have happened. If he falls, I think it would have more to do with the perception of the depth of the RB class than about him directly. But I've been wrong before.

If he was at 13, it would then become tempting....tough call.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I know that everybody is in love with DMAC but, there are some real questions about this player amoungs Pro Scouts. To me, he brings the same thing to a team that a player like Bush does. Don't think that NFL teams are not looking at DMAC with an eye towards Reggie Bush and NO. Both Bush and DMAC may well end up being great, great players in the NFL but not as Carry the load kind of backs IMO. I just don't see it.

Backs historically slip in the draft. Thats just how it is. I would not be surprised to see him slip a bit. The real thing that I'm interested in is Mendenhall. If DMAC slips, I wonder if we might have a chance to get a guy like Mendenahll, who I actually like better. He's a carry the load back to me. He could be a do it all player. Him, I would jump all over.