NFL Network shows NT's of Cowboys getting manhandled

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I watched NFL network with NFL Playbook NFL and they were showing how the NT's of the Cowboys were getting manhandled, and guards, offensive linemen, fullbacks were getting to the linebackers, zach thomas and bradie james. They were gashing the cowboys since the Commander game, and teams were saying, were not worried about running wide on you now, we will run up the middle on you, and they were at will.

This goes back to my point about our NT's that are smaller and getting gashed, we need a true big thick NT that can stuff the run, and push the pocket back, enough of this good ole wade saying l like smaller quicker NTs to penetrate, the smaller NTs are getting whooped wade.

:lmao:

rysko

Reaction score
this is news to me!!!! who would have thought after all the posts on the board about how small our NTs are that they really would be too small. not me thats for sure. thanks for the great post

Ren

Reaction score
we need to just ditch the 3-4 defense 3-4 NTs are hard to come by and our DEs suck move ware and spencer to DE and go from there

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I am just showing what sterling sharpe and baldinger were showing on national tv, how the Commanders, giants were whipping our NT's, and inside linebackers.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yeah, i think we should go to the 4-3, stop this 3-4 madness. Its not working.

especially when good ole wade doesnt come into any defensive meetings,

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Ren;2420273 said:
we need to just ditch the 3-4 defense 3-4 NTs are hard to come by and our DEs suck move ware and spencer to DE and go from there

cowboyjoe;2420283 said:
yeah, i think we should go to the 4-3, stop this 3-4 madness. Its not working.

especially when good ole wade doesnt come into any defensive meetings,

That would be completely foolish. We'd still need a run stuffing DT even if we switched to a 4-3, plus we'd only have one good DE (Ware) and the depth at DT and DE would be horrible cuz Canty is not a 4-3 DE and Spears just plain sucks.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;2420314 said:
That would be completely foolish. We'd still need a run stuffing DT even if we switched to a 4-3, plus we'd only have one good DE (Ware) and the depth at DT and DE would be horrible cuz Canty is not a 4-3 DE and Spears just plain sucks.

You don't think Spencer would be a good DE?

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Never should have traded fergie for a 6th round pick.that was dumb Jerry at it again.Ratliff is not big enough to be a nosetackle. he is getting blow up by big OG and C.he is a DE. we have no nosetackle.thanks Wade and Jerry.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I totally disagree ;

Spears would be a dominant left defensive end in the 4-3, he wouldnt have to have as much responsibility,
Tank Johnson is a solid 4-3 DT,
Canty would be a monster with Tank Johnson beside him and Ware on the other side

Spencer could play the strongside outside linebacker, he is strong and quick enough,
Now middle linebacker is something else, they need a dominant MLB
Weakside linebacker will be burnett and carpenter, carpenter is a true 4-3 LB

Adam jones is a man to man CB, he can handle the LCB, Newman can handle the RCB since he is bigger and stronger, Jenkins and Scandrick will be ready to push newman next year. Henry can finally be moved to free safety and succeed. Hamlin can play SS and be better.

Needs, true MLB, it sure isnt bradie james
backup safety, watkins gets hurt to much,

Hatcher, Ellis, and Ratliff can man the backup defensive linemen spots

there you have the makings of a dominant defense!

I still think this is the way to go, and I look at it like when Belicheater came to the patriots, he changed the defense, since belicheater is agood defensive coach, and had the patriots play the 3-4, what the players were suited for

to me, if you got someone like cowher, or spagnola of the giants defensive coordinator, whom knows the eagles, reskins, and giants right and left

only way if you want to keep the 3-4, you must get at least 2 more big nasty linebackers to make that defense work, because bradie james isnt doing it, and zach is getting to old, and you need a Big NT

khiladi

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2420356 said:
Adam jones is a man to man CB, he can handle the LCB, Newman can handle the RCB since he is bigger and stronger, Jenkins and Scandrick will be ready to push newman next year. Henry can finally be moved to free safety and succeed. Hamlin can play SS and be better.

The 4-3 versus 3-4 has little or almost no impact on the secondary. And Canty isn't beating single OL, let alone double-teams this year, so what makes you think he would step it up in a 3-4?

khiladi

Reaction score
tomson75;2420362 said:
Let's just say Rack isn't Spencer's biggest fan....

I, on the contrary, think he is going to be the man on this defense, along with Ware. Actually, I won't be surprised if he is playing as well. He seems to have more in his pass rushing repertoire...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2420356 said:
I totally disagree ;

Spears would be a dominant left defensive end in the 4-3, he wouldnt have to have as much responsibility,
Tank Johnson is a solid 4-3 DT,
Canty would be a monster with Tank Johnson beside him and Ware on the other side

Spencer could play the strongside outside linebacker, he is strong and quick enough,
Now middle linebacker is something else, they need a dominant MLB
Weakside linebacker will be burnett and carpenter, carpenter is a true 4-3 LB

Needs, true MLB, it sure isnt bradie james
backup safety, watkins gets hurt to much,

Hatcher, Ellis, and Ratliff can man the backup defensive linemen spots

there you have the makings of a dominant defense!

I still think this is the way to go, and I look at it like when Belicheater came to the patriots, he changed the defense, since belicheater is agood defensive coach, and had the patriots play the 3-4, what the players were suited for

to me, if you got someone like cowher, or spagnola of the giants defensive coordinator, whom knows the eagles, reskins, and giants right and left

only way if you want to keep the 3-4, you must get at least 2 more big nasty linebackers to make that defense work, because bradie james isnt doing it, and zach is getting to old, and you need a Big NT

Why would Ratliff get pushed to a back up spot?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rack;2420314 said:

Ware and Spencer on the ends, Ellis and Hatcher are the backups.

Tank and Ratliff are the DT's, Canty, Bowen and Spears are the backups.

Zack at MLB, Bradie James backup.

Burnett and Carpenter OLB's, backups Polk and Rodgers.

It can work and it will work because it does work, in the nickel and dime package with some variations. We need to shore up the middle with 2 bodies. Enuff of this embarrassment.:mad::mad::mad:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2420259 said:
enough of this good ole wade saying l like smaller quicker NTs to penetrate, the smaller NTs are getting whooped wade.

:lmao:

You know you are becoming a punchline around here right? You have been told multiple times that Wade did not say that. You were told exactly what he said. So either you are not intelligent enough to understand, or you are just an intellectually dishonest person who keeps repeating a false claim. Either way its pretty damn annoying

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
During the local pregame show on cbs11, Babe Laufenberg broke down Owens running routes against washington in the first matchup.

He showed how owens ran poor routes and was lazy after getting pushed around at the line.

Then he showed santana moss running the same exact stop n go route and how much more crisp he ran it.

On the same show Randy White said this cowboys team does everything good, they give interviews, make commercials, do their radio shows really well....then he added they do everything well except play football.

Pretty harsh from a guy who never really puts anyone down. He continued on saying this team doesnt bother with the little things.

and also on edge nfl matchup this morning, when palantonio was done lauging at Dallas, Jaworski said romo was confused and didnt read the skins defense correctly the first time we played.

Exciting times!

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
BigDFan5;2420406 said:
You know you are becoming a punchline around here right? You have been told multiple times that Wade did not say that. You were told exactly what he said. So either you are not intelligent enough to understand, or you are just an intellectually dishonest person who keeps repeating a false claim. Either way its pretty damn annoying
:hammer:

I know I shouldn't click on links started by him but I just keep thinking that there might be a meaningful debate or the light bulb might finally click on for him.