NFL Network shows NT's of Cowboys getting manhandled

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Rack;2420667 said:
Just like you jumped to conclusions when you said "Rack isn't Spencer's biggest fan"?

THat's a two way street, Juanita. I've actually liked what I've been seeing out of Spencer (when he's not hurt) but sorry if I'm not ready to call him a "GOOD 4-3 DE" just yet.

I think that saying you're not Spencer's biggest fan is dead on. You're not, and it's been well established. I'm not either, for that matter. I'm not even saying you should be. You're completely entitled to your opinion. I was simply saying that anyone that is asking you for your opinion of Spencer shouldn't be expecting a glowing review.

So yeah, basically you're assuming things have been said....that haven't been said...by people that haven't said them.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Ren;2420273 said:
we need to just ditch the 3-4 defense 3-4 NTs are hard to come by and our DEs suck move ware and spencer to DE and go from there

the 3-4 D is actually tailor-made to stopping the run

Temo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2420728 said:
the 3-4 D is actually tailor-made to stopping the run

Actually, it was originally conceived as a way to disguise coverages and pass rushers. It's really just a flexed version of the 5-2

Reaction score
I think Dallas should draft the kid from Univ. of Alabama, he's going to be a really good one! They need move Ratliff to the end and let Spears leave as a free agent.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Temo;2420747 said:
Actually, it was originally conceived as a way to disguise coverages and pass rushers. It's really just a flexed version of the 5-2

I'm not saying the 3-4 was conceived to stop the run

just you have 3 guys who usually weigh anywhere from 280-330, tying up blockers, alot of top 5 rushing Ds are 3-4 defenses

and disguising coverages and pass-rushers isn't playing the run

STSINAZ

Reaction score
5Stars;2420264 said:
:bang2:

Dude! Give it up, please!!!

:cool:

This is what I said the other day we need a big nt to clog things up bad move in getting rid of fergy. He is doing pretty good in miami parcells had to know that he stole fasano and fergy. And all of our heart. Meaning coaches. Lol.

MONT17

Reaction score
Anyone recall the coaches playing Spears @ NT and Rat @ DE? What happen to tha? Ill tell u what happen to that... The Jerry didn't wanna upset Rat who cried about the change. 3-4 or 4-3 doesn't matter when u don't have a GM (he is an Owner) and u have weak minded coaches!

Why would Jerry get a coach like Cowher or Spaggs? Better yet why would quality coaches come to this circus? (Insert your reply) BILL came here because he had nowhere else to go!

Not to add insult to Jerry but anyone recall how difficult it was for this team to find a quality longsnapper? (Insert reply here) when u think about it Jerry failed to replace Helestrae!

It doesn't matter!!! the best we can hope for is the O makes up for it!

Now can we concentrate on the game.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2420356 said:
Spears would be a dominant left defensive end in the 4-3, he wouldnt have to have as much responsibility,

That is completely asinine. Spears is 300lbs! Are you telling me, he will cover a running back in the flat? There is a damn good reason why 4-3 DEs are around 255-275lbs and why OLBs in a 3-4 are 255-275lbs. It's because they have to be able to cover ground in the flat! Spears absolutely could NOT play DE in a 4-3. He would move inside to DT if he were to play in a 4-3.

It's also the reason you have 4-3 DEs convert to 3-4 OLBs and vis versa.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rack;2420656 said:
We'd still only have ONE good DE on the field. Plus, Canty and Hatcher would be pretty sorry as our backups in a 4-3 defense. Canty is a 3-4 DE, nothing else. Hatcher had potential but it looks like he's more interested in eating now then playing football. The dude has gotten fat.

Tank and Ratliff would both have to play 3 technique cuz neither one of them are strong run stuffers. With both of them on the field at the same time we'd still get gashed up the middle.

Learn the game, Stephen.

Dude either Tank or Spears opposite Rat is better than Rat by himself, that's a no brainer. Tank has a good push for the pass rush where as Spears is a good run stuffer, it's better than what we got going on now.
"Learn the game," calmala chica:rolleyes::D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
tomson75;2420716 said:
I think that saying you're not Spencer's biggest fan is dead on. You're not, and it's been well established. I'm not either, for that matter. I'm not even saying you should be. You're completely entitled to your opinion. I was simply saying that anyone that is asking you for your opinion of Spencer shouldn't be expecting a glowing review.

So yeah, basically you're assuming things have been said....that haven't been said...by people that haven't said them.

Obviously it isn't. If you paid any attention you'd have seen that I was praising him last week.

I didn't "Assume" any more than you did.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2420898 said:
Dude either Tank or Spears opposite Rat is better than Rat by himself, that's a no brainer. Tank has a good push for the pass rush where as Spears is a good run stuffer, it's better than what we got going on now.
"Learn the game," calmala chica:rolleyes::D

Callate way.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Rack;2422329 said:
Obviously it isn't. If you paid any attention you'd have seen that I was praising him last week.

I didn't "Assume" any more than you did.

Fair enough. I thought I remembered a thread last week where you expressed quite a bit of disappointment with him. Maybe I was thinking of someone else.

Nexx

Reaction score
our nose tackles get "man handled" when they are double teamed. this should free up bradie or zack for a free run at the runner but it just doesnt happen. i dunno.

dallas_112678

Reaction score
have them tell that to Ratliff's face, what 2 sacks? one of them taking them out of field goal range.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rack;2422332 said:
Callate way.

Calla me:D

D held em to 10, we kept hitting Campbell all night, can't let up. Even late hits:D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
tomson75;2422341 said:
Fair enough. I thought I remembered a thread last week where you expressed quite a bit of disappointment with him. Maybe I was thinking of someone else.

I've been disappointed that he hasn't played, but I haven't been disappointed with how he's played when he has been on the field. How can I be? He hasn't played enough to get disappointed. I'm not disappointed in Carpenter either (cuz he hasn't played enough to warrant disappointment) so why would I be in Spencer?

CowboyFan74;2423672 said:

Quieres chingasos?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rack;2423905 said:
I've been disappointed that he hasn't played, but I haven't been disappointed with how he's played when he has been on the field. How can I be? He hasn't played enough to get disappointed. I'm not disappointed in Carpenter either (cuz he hasn't played enough to warrant disappointment) so why would I be in Spencer?

Quieres chingasos?

Orale:fight:

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Rack;2424595 said:
After school ese.

Ohhh....that just reminded me of a movie I have to add to my netflix list. 3 O'clock High. I hope its as good as I remember it.