NFL Network shows NT's of Cowboys getting manhandled

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Rack;2420314 said:
That would be completely foolish. We'd still need a run stuffing DT even if we switched to a 4-3, plus we'd only have one good DE (Ware) and the depth at DT and DE would be horrible cuz Canty is not a 4-3 DE and Spears just plain sucks.

Tu no sabes nada way.

CowboyFan74;2420405 said:
Ware and Spencer on the ends, Ellis and Hatcher are the backups.

Tank and Ratliff are the DT's, Canty, Bowen and Spears are the backups.

Zack at MLB, Bradie James backup.

Burnett and Carpenter OLB's, backups Polk and Rodgers.

It can work and it will work because it does work, in the nickel and dime package with some variations. We need to shore up the middle with 2 bodies. Enuff of this embarrassment.:mad::mad::mad:

Option 2)

Ware and Ellis on the ends, Canty and Hatcher are the backups.

Tank and Ratliff are the DT's; Bowen and Spears are the backups.

Spencer and either Burnett/Carpenter OLB's, backups Polk and Rodgers.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2420415 said:
During the local pregame show on cbs11, Babe Laufenberg broke down Owens running routes against washington in the first matchup.

He showed how owens ran poor routes and was lazy after getting pushed around at the line.

Then he showed santana moss running the same exact stop n go route and how much more crisp he ran it.

On the same show Randy White said this cowboys team does everything good, they give interviews, make commercials, do their radio shows really well....then he added they do everything well except play football.

Pretty harsh from a guy who never really puts anyone down. He continued on saying this team doesnt bother with the little things.

and also on edge nfl matchup this morning, when palantonio was done lauging at Dallas, Jaworski said romo was confused and didnt read the skins defense correctly the first time we played.

Exciting times!

it's easy to run crisp routes when you don't get bumped at the line.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2420356 said:
I totally disagree ;

Spears would be a dominant left defensive end in the 4-3, he wouldnt have to have as much responsibility,
Tank Johnson is a solid 4-3 DT,
Canty would be a monster with Tank Johnson beside him and Ware on the other side

Spencer could play the strongside outside linebacker, he is strong and quick enough,
Now middle linebacker is something else, they need a dominant MLB
Weakside linebacker will be burnett and carpenter, carpenter is a true 4-3 LB

Adam jones is a man to man CB, he can handle the LCB, Newman can handle the RCB since he is bigger and stronger, Jenkins and Scandrick will be ready to push newman next year. Henry can finally be moved to free safety and succeed. Hamlin can play SS and be better.

Needs, true MLB, it sure isnt bradie james
backup safety, watkins gets hurt to much,

Hatcher, Ellis, and Ratliff can man the backup defensive linemen spots

there you have the makings of a dominant defense!

I still think this is the way to go, and I look at it like when Belicheater came to the patriots, he changed the defense, since belicheater is agood defensive coach, and had the patriots play the 3-4, what the players were suited for

to me, if you got someone like cowher, or spagnola of the giants defensive coordinator, whom knows the eagles, reskins, and giants right and left

only way if you want to keep the 3-4, you must get at least 2 more big nasty linebackers to make that defense work, because bradie james isnt doing it, and zach is getting to old, and you need a Big NT

Spears would be a dominate DE in the 4-3?

Put down the pipe Joe. He's too slow to hold the edge in that system and he has zero pass rushing skills.

Bradie James might be a better MLB in a 4-3 because the DT's would take up the C/G who eat him up. He doesn't have to have sideline to sideline speed because he has a WLB/SLB outside of him.

If this defense goes to a 4-3 this will be the lineup.

Ware, Ratliff, Canty, Spencer
Burnett(SLB), Bradie, Carp(WLB)

Ellis, Spears, Tank and Zach are gone after this season.

Ratliff as a backup defensive lineman?

Joe, for all this talk recently about how you know football you really blew it with this thread.

And enough about the big NT's. Wade never said he wanted smaller NT's, he said he has played with both and he adjusts to the type of player he has on the team. I will get the audio if you want.

Besides, we have to work with what we have now. Let's worry about getting some wins to get into the playoffs.

And lastly. That yellow guy with the tongue sticking out...

That's for Nick Eatman bro. I usually stick up for you, but you are getting a little silly lately.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2420436 said:
it's easy to run crisp routes when you don't get bumped at the line.

the play he highlighted, the failed stop n go, he wasnt pressed.

nor was moss.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2420440 said:
the play he highlighted, the failed stop n go, he wasnt pressed.

nor was moss.

Oh I see. I wish I saw what you're saying so I could have a better grasp of the situation.

Bizwah

Reaction score
We are a 3/4 team....for better or worse.

I don't think it'd be difficult for us to switch back to the 4/3, but not this year.

Sometimes I think the 3/4 is a failed experiment for us. It always seems to work for the Steelers and Pats. Our personnel is comparable to theirs....we just can't seem to implement it.

Ever since the switch it's been tough to watch us. Some games it looks like we really have it down...other times.....bleh... Our run defense has really been inconsistent since the switch. I know the numbers may be similar...but my eyes tell me another story.

Plus...does it ever frustrate anyone else that we never seem to plug holes in the same places? How long have we cried for a big, run-stuffer at NT? Poor Glover had to play with a warm body next to him in his years here.

I know those players don't grow on trees....but it seems like we're waiting for one to land in our laps. I can remember Sam Adams wanting to play here. I can remember Pat Williams as a FA....many on here were hoping to see us land him.

I guess the coaching braintrust knows more about football than me. But it just seems the same problems seem to plague this team year after year.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I also have never been a 3-4 fan. I know some teams have had great success with it, but I guess I just miss the dominant 4-3 defenses we had in the early and mid 90's and especially in the 70's with the likes of Randy White, Harvey Martin, Too Tall, etc. I just always loved how dominant those defenses were and I sure miss watching them.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2420356 said:
I totally disagree ;

Spears would be a dominant left defensive end in the 4-3

I stopped reading right there.

Wow.

tomson75;2420362 said:
Let's just say Rack isn't Spencer's biggest fan....

I said we'd have one GOOD DE.

What has Spencer done in his NFL career to make you (or anyone) think he'd be a GOOD DE (in a 4-3)?

Plus, SPencer would be playing the strong side (most of the time). He'd be much better on the weakside.

Sorry, I haven't played Madden in years I guess I don't know how good SPencer "Really is".

:rolleyes:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2420431 said:
Tu no sabes nada way.

Option 2)

Ware and Ellis on the ends, Canty and Hatcher are the backups.

Tank and Ratliff are the DT's; Bowen and Spears are the backups.

Spencer and either Burnett/Carpenter OLB's, backups Polk and Rodgers.

We'd still only have ONE good DE on the field. Plus, Canty and Hatcher would be pretty sorry as our backups in a 4-3 defense. Canty is a 3-4 DE, nothing else. Hatcher had potential but it looks like he's more interested in eating now then playing football. The dude has gotten fat.

Tank and Ratliff would both have to play 3 technique cuz neither one of them are strong run stuffers. With both of them on the field at the same time we'd still get gashed up the middle.

Learn the game, Stephen.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Rack;2420650 said:
I
I said we'd have one GOOD DE.

What has Spencer done in his NFL career to make you (or anyone) think he'd be a GOOD DE (in a 4-3)?

Plus, SPencer would be playing the strong side (most of the time). He'd be much better on the weakside.

Sorry, I haven't played Madden in years I guess I don't know how good SPencer "Really is".

:rolleyes:

As usual, you've jumped to conclusions about things that weren't even said.

...and I don't play Madden either, Chico. :rolleyes:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
tomson75;2420662 said:
As usual, you've jumped to conclusions about things that weren't even said.

...and I don't play Madden either, Chico. :rolleyes:

Just like you jumped to conclusions when you said "Rack isn't Spencer's biggest fan"?

THat's a two way street, Juanita. I've actually liked what I've been seeing out of Spencer (when he's not hurt) but sorry if I'm not ready to call him a "GOOD 4-3 DE" just yet.

Mysterio

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2420317 said:
You don't think Spencer would be a good DE?

No, hes been ****ty as a OLB, and all he has done is rush the QB. The only difference would be his hand down.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
well i like spencer too, but he has got to be tougher, and play with some pain, but i think spencer is a keeper, at least he is alot better than carpenter barbie doll

Nav22

Reaction score
You're right, cowboyjoe. We need "big, huge DTs" like the Commanders have, right? That's what you said. How much do those guys weigh again?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nav22;2420673 said:
You're right, cowboyjoe. We need "big, huge DTs" like the Commanders have, right? That's what you said. How much do those guys weigh again?

The Commanders don't run a 3-4.

We wouldn't need "Big" DTs if we switched to a 4-3 but we'd need better run stuffers.

Point is, no matter what front we run, we still don't have the run stuffing DT/NG required to be successful.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2420676 said:
they weigh 20 to 40 pounds more than our players,

You probably should have done some research before spewing your nonsense.

The Commanders have 1 DT heavier then our heaviest NG and he's a backup.

They are good run stuffers and that's what counts (though none of them could play NG in a 3-4) but flat out making stuff up shines the light on your complete lack of knowledge when it comes to football.

You are, afterall, the guy that said "Spears would be a dominant DE in a 4-3".

I say again... wow.

Nav22

Reaction score
The Commanders don't run a 3-4.
I know, but cowboyslow previously said we need "big, huge DTs" like the Commanders have.

Tank Johnson weighs 305, Jay Ratliff weighs 302.

Cornelius Griffin weighs 303, Kedric Golston weighs 298.
they weigh 20 to 40 pounds more than our players,
Yes, 20-40 more lbs. than our players... our TEs, sure.

But they actually weigh LESS than our DTs. A stark contrast from the inaccurate, nonsensical BS you were spewing earlier.

Try again, cowboyslow. Actually... don't.