NFL Officiating Scandal

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Changing rules in the middle of the season...I don't think that's supposed to happen.

Why not, they are changed game to game when we are involved. And we are always on the wrong side of it. Even when an index card was used, which went in our favor, for once. The media questioned it. Even after the ref said it was already determined it was a 1st down. But the card was used as confirmation.

Any rule changes or not, things will be made up and changed 99% of the time against us.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Last night on NFL Live they had a segment reporting from the owners meeting where they discussed the rules changes. During this segment, they said & then reiterated to clarify that the NFL office officiated the Super Bowl under the catch rule that was just passed, not the rule that has been in place for the last however many years (& was still in place). When they went back to the studio, the panelist openly showed shock & disbelief at what they had just heard.

The NFL brass took it upon themselves to unilaterally change how the most important game of the year was officiated without anyone's input or knowledge.

So far, I haven't heard a peep out of the media questioning this.
No one knew what a catch was anyway so not a big deal.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only 29 days until the start of the draft.

In what, in about 3 weeks, the schedule will be out, probably less. Maybe 17 days if we are lucky. So that can be something until a few days leading up to the draft.
Maybe some things leak out in about 10 days or so as usual.
Will be something different than what has been nothing but Dez threads. :muttley:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one knew what a catch was anyway so not a big deal.

And we still will not know what one is.
Throw in the new rule where a ref can eject a player for any reason they deem necessary. We are even more screwed.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I wondered why they let the catches stand. I believe even the commentators during the game said the catches would be overturned and should be under the rule. We’re surprised when they let them count.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last night on NFL Live they had a segment reporting from the owners meeting where they discussed the rules changes. During this segment, they said & then reiterated to clarify that the NFL office officiated the Super Bowl under the catch rule that was just passed, not the rule that has been in place for the last however many years (& was still in place). When they went back to the studio, the panelist openly showed shock & disbelief at what they had just heard.

The NFL brass took it upon themselves to unilaterally change how the most important game of the year was officiated without anyone's input or knowledge.

If they can suspend players with no proof, they can certainly do this

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Like the NFL wants more bashing?

Right.

MarcusRock

Reaction score