Twitter: NFL Overtime Rule Changed for Playoffs

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hahahahahaah yeah the NFL NEVER makes silly rule changes that are panned instantly.

Nice try.

YOU brought up the Chiefs make-believe “advantage”, not me.

YOU said their advantage is that they can score a TD and that would GUARANTEE THEM A 2nd POSSESSION IN OT.

YOU said that.
what are you talking about? you are all over the place. show me where I said what I said the above.

you must have ADHD

Then you had to change your tune after I shot that down, by bringing up the very real possibility that the Bills would go for 2 if they scored the matching TD.

LOLLLL THEN you had nowhere to go but down.... so you brought up the LAUGHABLE proposition of the Chiefs getting the ball first, scoring a TD.... then going for 2 just to ensure that they can’t lose the game on the Bills 1st possession of OT.

Hilarity. What team would go for 2 in such a scenario, thus all but ensuring a LOSS if they failed on the 2 and the other team scores a TD (and kicks a PAT)????????
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
I never changed my tune. you are confusing yourself.

yes, you must have ADHD, you can't even follow your own comments, much less anybody else

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sudden death by allowing one team to receive the ball first, to score a TD and win the game in the playoffs was never a good idea. It was improved by the FG provision, but not made into a good rule. Allowing both teams the opportunity to score is the only reasonable way to play a playoff game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It is fair because defense plays as well, if you go out and stop the opposing team or hold them to 3 points you then get the ball with a chance to tie or win. I'm not saying it is a bad rule change I'm not in favor of it. By the way in OT you bet I want kick off, that way if I give up a TD and then get the ball I have 4 downs to keep the drive alive, if you have the ball 1st and are faced with a 4th and long chances are you punt or if long FG range you try the kick
you can also go for 4th down if you have the ball first. there is no rule that says you have to punt. there is a lot of pressure on both teams in this new scenario. regardless of who gets the ball first, they know they have to try and score a TD. they have an option to go for 3 and all those decisions depend on how the game has transpired. if it was a 10-10 game, then perhaps I kick a field goal, knowing my defense has made stops all day. 3 points is a lot in that case. but if the game tied at 35-35, seemingly both offenses having a good day, perhaps pressure on me to go for a TD.

but the fairness is that both offenses and both defenses get opportunity to play. its not like soccer where players play both.....there is distinct grouping and schemes and strategy for each side of the ball.

I like the rule. there is still the element of a sudden death to it, but both teams offenses (responsibility is to score) get a chance. it puts the strategy and decision making on the coaches and players deciding the outcome, not a referee randomly flipping a coin.

Nav22

Reaction score
what are you talking about? you are all over the place. show me where I said what I said the above.

you must have ADHD
LOLLLLLLL you didn’t say that now????? Watch this.....

“but in the old way, you know if you score a TD you win and the other team never gets a chance. in this scenrio if you score a TD you are minimally gauranteed a second possession to end the game with any score.“

BYE!!!!!!!

ADHD must suck, huh?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’ll hold your hand one more time to help you through this.

WHY WOULD THE CHIEFS, OR ANY TEAM, WANT TO GO FOR 2 AFTER SCORING A TD ON THEIR OPENING POSSESSION IN OVERTIME?
let me repeat what I have repeated 10 times already. THEY DON'T HAVE TO GO FOR TWO...

I typed really slowly so you can follow

Do you not see how STUPID of a decision that would be, at that time of the game? Don’t be so dense.

Almost as stupid as any team electing to receive first in OT under the new rules. There is ZERO strategic advantage to wanting the ball first now.

LOLLLL the mere fact that you have the Chiefs needing to SUCCESSFULLY CONVERT A 2-POINT CONVERSION just to ensure their 2nd possession of OT should tell you something about the stupidity of this new rule.
:lmao2:
I never said chiefs needed to successfully convert 2 points. that's just you making stuff up. its an OPTION they have to go for 2.

don't make up stuff. it lacks integrity and character. I assumed you are above that

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOLLLLLLL you didn’t say that now????? Watch this.....

“but in the old way, you know if you score a TD you win and the other team never gets a chance. in this scenrio if you score a TD you are minimally gauranteed a second possession to end the game with any score.“

BYE!!!!!!!

ADHD must suck, huh?
yes, you can be gauranteed if you go for 2....a choice as I said.....

but in the old way, you score you win, the other team never gets a chance.

geez, is that so hard to understand!?

you do have ADHD, as you have obviously had lots of problem following through the multiple responses and can't connect the logics as I have responded to your illogical thought process.

again, explain, is it fair for a team not to get a chance to score and lose the game?

you are avoiding and that tells me you have no answer and you are nervous

Nav22

Reaction score
let me repeat what I have repeated 10 times already. THEY DON'T HAVE TO GO FOR TWO...

I typed really slowly so you can follow

I never said chiefs needed to successfully convert 2 points. that's just you making stuff up. its an OPTION they have to go for 2.

don't make up stuff. it lacks integrity and character. I assumed you are above that

You were wrong. A TD does NOT guarantee you a 2nd possession, and that was what your entire argument was predicated on.

Then, after realizing you were DEAD WRONG about that, you had to try the mental gymnastics of surmising about “B-B-BUT WHAT IF THE CHIEFS GO FOR 2?????”

BYE!!!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

You were wrong. A TD does NOT guarantee you a 2nd possession, and that was what your entire argument was predicated on.

Then, after realizing you were DEAD WRONG about that, you had to try the mental gymnastics of surmising about “B-B-BUT WHAT IF THE CHIEFS GO FOR 2?????”

BYE!!!!!
see ya.... good for you....you are standing in a corner by yourself....everybody else is in the other corner......obviously...its called the NFL..... now, that's funny....

Nav22

Reaction score
yes, you can be gauranteed if you go for 2....a choice as I said.....

but in the old way, you score you win, the other team never gets a chance.

geez, is that so hard to understand!?

you do have ADHD
LOLLLLL you’re so desperate.

Here’s what I said... and YOU replied to this with, “DURRRR I NEVER SAID THAT, YOU HAVE ADHD DURRRRR!!!”

YOU said their advantage is that they can score a TD and that would GUARANTEE THEM A 2nd POSSESSION IN OT.

But you DID say that.... remember this?

but in the old way, you know if you score a TD you win and the other team never gets a chance. in this scenrio if you score a TD you are minimally gauranteed a second possession to end the game with any score.“

BYE!!!!!!

Nav22

Reaction score
see ya.... good for you....you are standing in a corner by yourself....everybody else is in the other corner......obviously...its called the NFL..... now, that's funny....
TKO. You lose, ADHD boy.

BYE!!!!!!

“DURRRR I NEVER SAID THAT!! OH CRAP I DID SAY THAT!!! LET ME JUST INSULT HIM AND MOVE ON!!!”

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOLLLLL you’re so desperate.

Here’s what I said... and YOU replied to this with, “DURRRR I NEVER SAID THAT, YOU HAVE ADHD DURRRRR!!!”

But you DID say that.... remember this?

but in the old way, you know if you score a TD you win and the other team never gets a chance. in this scenrio if you score a TD you are minimally gauranteed a second possession to end the game with any score.“

BYE!!!!!!
:thumbup:

enjoy it aaaalllll with your two friends...you, your shadow and your imaginary friend.

:laugh::lmao::lmao2::laugh::lmao::laugh::laugh::lmao::lmao2::lmao::laugh::lmao::laugh::flagwave::flagwave::clap:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
TKO. You lose, ADHD boy.

BYE!!!!!!

“DURRRR I NEVER SAID THAT!! OH CRAP I DID SAY THAT!!! LET ME JUST INSULT HIM AND MOVE ON!!!”
I must have embarassed you in the past and seemingly you are taking this way too personally. it must have been quite a butt hurt...so I apologize for having kicked you around before, it wasn't personal and I hope your feelings aren't too hurt.

if you were here I would give you a hug and make you feel all better.

Nav22

Reaction score
I must have embarassed you in the past and seemingly you are taking this way too personally. it must have been quite a butt hurt...so I apologize for having kicked you around before, it wasn't personal and I hope your feelings aren't too hurt.

if you were here I would give you a hug and make you feel all better.
Remember when you said you DIDN’T say the thing that you DID say???? And even said I must have ADHD for getting that wrong????

I DO!!!!

Your bottom lip’s quivering, ADHD boy.

“DURRRRR OH CRAP I DID SAY THAT!!! I LOOK SO STUPID RIGHT NOW, LET ME CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Nav22

Reaction score
here,. this may help you. let me know and I will order you a bucket, for past, present and future

Amazon.com: Boudreaux's Butt Paste Maximum Strength Diaper Rash Ointment, 14 oz Jar : Baby
DURRRRRR I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE CHIEFS HAVING A 2ND POSSESSION GUARANTEED, YOU HAVE ADHD!!!!!!

***Earlier Wednesday***

No wonder you’re HUMILIATED and IMMEDIATELY changed the subject. I did that to you.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Bottom lip’s still quivering.

You don’t look like a TOTAL DOLT for resorting to insults after making a complete clown out of yourself, I swear.
I am actually starting to feel really sorry for you, your entire existence is to win an argument..looking back at the comments and responses, that was it. that's all your wanted to do....make it feel like you won!!! you squirmed, you lied, you made up stuff, you lacked logic and couldn't even follow your own logic and you never answered one very simple question that was asked. avoided it like the plague, instead your entire line of argument was to what!? get to a poind so you can use a few laughing emoji's to feel like you won!!!, because you never win anything in life? is that it?

so I will continue to respond, to give you an opprotunity to use your emoji's and feel better about yourself. at least on the surface. I hope its working for you.

btw, if the point was to win or lose (its a guess) you lost this argument the first time you used emoji's...its a sign of surrender/incompetence in psychology circles. so next time you get into argument with someone, don't be the first one to use emoji's...

Nav22

Reaction score
I am actually starting to feel really sorry for you, your entire existence is to win an argument..looking back at the comments and responses, that was it. that's all your wanted to do....make it feel like you won!!! you squirmed, you lied, you made up stuff, you lacked logic and couldn't even follow your own logic and you never answered one very simple question that was asked. avoided it like the plague, instead your entire line of argument was to what!? get to a poind so you can use a few laughing emoji's to feel like you won!!!, because you never win anything in life? is that it?

so I will continue to respond, to give you an opprotunity to use your emoji's and feel better about yourself. at least on the surface. I hope its working for you.

btw, if the point was to win or lose (its a guess) you lost this argument the first time you used emoji's...its a sign of surrender/incompetence in psychology circles. so next time you get into argument with someone, don't be the first one to use emoji's...
DURRRRRR I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE CHIEFS HAVING A 2ND POSSESSION GUARANTEED, YOU HAVE ADHD!!!!!!

***Earlier Wednesday***

No wonder you’re HUMILIATED and IMMEDIATELY changed the subject. I did that to you.

“DURRRR OK FINE BUT THE CHIEFS COULD GO FOR 2 EVEN THOUGH THAT MAKES ZERO STRATEGIC SENSE TO DO SO IN SUCH A SCENARIO!!”

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

***Earlier Wednesday***

ok, responding so you can post more emoji's and feel better about yourself...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

***Earlier Wednesday***

“DURRRR OK FINE BUT THE CHIEFS COULD GO FOR 2 EVEN THOUGH THAT MAKES ZERO STRATEGIC SENSE TO DO SO IN SUCH A SCENARIO!!”
ok, responding so you can feel better about your self by posting more emoji's