NFL | Penn St WR Derrick Williams had meeting with Cowboys

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Good player. I was upset he choose PSU over my gators on NSD, but I remember him saying he wanted to help rebuild Penn St back up again into a national power. The guy can move and he has great character.

Reaction score
IF they are truly looking to draft a weapon like him, it would be a very smart move. You can never have too many offensive weapons.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Well we need to do something about punt returning regardless. If Crayton is still back there this season just calling fair catches I will vomit.

JRid21

Reaction score
Wasn't he the number one player in the nation 4 years ago on signing day? I remember it was a big deal on ESPNEWS.

RS12

Reaction score
I like the guy and think he'll be there at 51, could be the Terry Glenn type that has been missing, but I doubt they take him. Games are won and lost in the trenches. Only way they get his is if Miami offers a 2nd for Austin.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I guess he'll be one of those several guys that people will look for from year to year now to try and run some variation of the Wildcat until they run it even further into the ground than Miami already has.

I like Williams but I don't believe he's one of the biggest needs for the Cowboys.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2647920 said:
I guess he'll be one of those several guys that people will look for from year to year now to try and run some variation of the Wildcat until they run it even further into the ground than Miami already has.

I like Williams but I don't believe he's one of the biggest needs for the Cowboys.

not really, but him and Felix would make the offense pretty dynamic

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2647828 said:
Well we need to do something about punt returning regardless. If Crayton is still back there this season just calling fair catches I will vomit.

Felix?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Inconsistant player. 15 reps at 225 at the combine. He has talent though.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I would take him if we can get him in the third round. Our second round needs to be spent elsewhere IMO.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2647921 said:
not really, but him and Felix would make the offense pretty dynamic

What about the other WR that was going to make our offense pretty dynamic???

You know, the guy we gave up a 1,3, and 6th for that was going to make our offense unstoppable.

We need another WR to be dynamic now? Exactly how many premium picks do we have to use or trade away on WRs before our wonder boy OC gets a clue???

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2647828 said:

Crayton averaged more yds a punt return than Pac Trash did, apparently you forgot that

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Here was his 40 at the combine today.

Derrick Williams-WR-Player Feb. 22 - 12:35 pm et

Penn State WR Derrick Williams recorded a 4.58 unofficial forty time at the NFL Combine Sunday.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Ouch...4.67 unofficial 2nd run time.

We might have a shot at him after all in the 3rd or 4th.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2648653 said:
Ouch...4.67 unofficial 2nd run time.

We might have a shot at him after all in the 3rd or 4th.

I dont want him at all with those type of numbers...he's supposed to be a speed guy, big play guys isnt he?

Jerruh

Reaction score
Combine numbers don't mean that much when it comes to playing the game IMO...The guy produced in college and I would love to use a 3rd or 4th on this guy.