NFL | Penn St WR Derrick Williams had meeting with Cowboys

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i dont even see us picking up a wr in the draft. especially one with no speed to speak of at all.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Jerruh;2648669 said:
Combine numbers don't mean that much when it comes to playing the game IMO...The guy produced in college and I would love to use a 3rd or 4th on this guy.

You would love three of our first three or three of our first four draft choices this year dedicated to wide receiver?

Jerruh

Reaction score
Sure why not, if he's the best value at the time we pick I would expect him to be the pick..Remember TO is no spring chicken, there is no guarantee that Austin is coming back, and Crayton is OK but Williams has the skill set to be a good wideout in the NFL.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I'd say he should start making plans for the 5th or 6th rd...awful combine

Reaction score
dbair1967;2648500 said:
Crayton averaged more yds a punt return than Pac Trash did, apparently you forgot that

Crayton is a horrible returner. A fumble waiting to happen and he has no moves. Holds the ball like Deion with speed like a 7th rounder.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
On the flip side, Deon Butler who I always thought was a bigger threat then Williams ran a 4.38

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2648739 said:
On the flip side, Deon Butler who I always thought was a bigger threat then Williams ran a 4.38
Is that the official time? I thought he clocked in at a 4.26, which is blazing... Butler certainly helped his cause so far. I would take a look at him. He would be very dangerous in the slot.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I don't know...this guy looks plenty fast to me in pads, tough, has high character with good hands. I like him, but no question this combine hurt the kid.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He'll need to run some better times or he will fall. They will look at his relative game speed but....

We don't need another WR IMO. We have other holes to fill. Austin, Crayton, RWR and TO should be able to make this offense go esp with all the other fire power.

NT, ILB, S, and OL are needs. We also should pickup another CB esp if Henry moves to safety. If Canty, Bowen, and Tank are gone then we are going to have to address DE early. I don't see us being real active in FA but it's early and that could change.

cowboy4life

"I Love Me Some Me." Hit The Bricks, *******. Team
Reaction score
Nothing to do with the topic, but I like how solid Brian Robeskie has looked in the combine workouts today. I just wish the Cowboys stop drafting projects at receiver and get someone like this kid. Unfortunately, he may not be there at #51.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I like Deon Butler better anyways

he was actually the better receiver, and it looks like he's the better athlete too

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2648855 said:
I like Butler in the 4th...
He would certainly add "Wow" and give us options at KR & PR. He can't be any worse than Skylar Greene...

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2648760 said:
I don't know...this guy looks plenty fast to me in pads, tough, has high character with good hands. I like him, but no question this combine hurt the kid.

They said he caught the flu during the combine and will rerun the 40 at his pro day.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2647921 said:
not really, but him and Felix would make the offense pretty dynamic
Explosiveness on offense scares the heck out of D-coordinators, so I'm all for it.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
ajk23az;2649332 said:
They said he caught the flu during the combine and will rerun the 40 at his pro day.

I can see that being the case...no way is the kid that slow.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2648730 said:
Crayton is a horrible returner. A fumble waiting to happen and he has no moves. Holds the ball like Deion with speed like a 7th rounder.

Thats funny that you say that cause Adam Jones muffed, and or fumbled, on more punts in his one year here than Crayton has in 3 seasons.

He's not a good returner, by any means, he's just a safe option back there cause he'll make the catch and he's less likely than most to put the ball on the ground during a return.

As for the WR's from Penn State, I like Butler much better if they were just going to have to have one of those guys.

Reaction score
Jerruh;2648669 said:
Combine numbers don't mean that much when it comes to playing the game IMO...The guy produced in college and I would love to use a 3rd or 4th on this guy.

Exactly, people always amaze me falling in love with combine numbers. He's a playmaker on the field and that's all that matters. He'd be an upgrade on punt returns and definitely a dynamic playmaker on offense.