NFL Power Rankings: Cowboys get major boost from 2020 Draft

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I kind of like the way the D is shaping up, but that is on paper. Need to see them and the new scheme and coaching influence on the field. Can't wait until TC starts.

We are instantly better without Mr. Zone Integrity Byron Jones.

Kwyn

Reaction score
DL added 2 new starting DT's. Both upgrades. Added 2 rookie DL. Hopefully will add Gregory & Aldon Smith. Secondary only loss was BJones. Added the 2 rookie corners. Added Ha Ha Clinton-Dix at SS, upgrade over Heath imo.
And we lost four good starters. Maliek Collins, Byron Jones, Jeff Heath and Robert Quinn. ... among others

These additions you mention didn’t happen in a vacuum.

Haha sucks I’m afraid to say. To quote Bob Sturm, a lifelong Packer fan who has watched every single Packers play for 35 years, Haha “takes the safety out of safety”

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
  1. 49ers
  2. Saints
  3. Vikings
  4. Packers
  5. Buccaneers
  6. Seahawks
  7. Eagles
  8. Cowboys
Only one NFC East team making the playoffs again. I give the edge to the incumbent champs especially since they had horrible injuries last year and we were relatively healthy

If you think rookies are going to tip the balance of power in any meaningful way, specifically resulting in increased wins, then I think you, my good friend, might be the one partaking of the hallucinogens.
:muttley:

So Cowboys adding Lamb, more use of Pollard, more experience of Kellen Moote should make the #1 offense harder to defend. or you must think our D is bad, even with the possible additions of Gregory & Aldon Smith.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
And we lost four good starters. Maliek Collins, Byron Jones, Jeff Heath and Robert Quinn. ... among others

Haha sucks I’m afraid to say. To quote Bob Sturm, a lifelong Packer fan who has watched every single Packers play for 35 years, Haha “takes the safety out of safety”

Heath was only good on special teams. Collins was nothing special. McCoy/Poe are upgrades. Quinn wasn't good vs the run. And we are most likely adding Gregory & Aldon Smith. That's an upgrade imo. So Ha Ha sucks, but losing the whiff tackler Heath hurts us. LOL. Ha Ha over Heath.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Fear not, all is not lost. our 2 new FA DT acquisitions will both be upgrades, so Maliek Collins is not a big loss. Not sure if DL Gallimore is going to be an instant upgrade, but if not, he will be before long, he's fast, strong, and relentless. We should be stronger against the run this year.
LVE will be back this year, that's a good thing.
Byron Jones? While Trevon Diggs is a rookie, he's no slouch, and unlike Byron Jones he actually looks for the ball. He's a ball hawk.
Can't hardly wait to see some of these new guys play!
DE? We don't know what's going to happen there yet, but that doesn't mean it's bad. We'll have to wait and see.
Safety? We've been in need of a safety for a long time...….I'd call that a wash.

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
So Cowboys adding Lamb, more use of Pollard, more experience of Kellen Moote should make the #1 offense harder to defend. or you must think our D is bad, even with the possible additions of Gregory & Aldon Smith.
I wouldn’t say our defense is bad but it’s certainly not good

Adreme

Reaction score

I mean the D is bad, but I do not expect much of rookies this year just because there will be virtually no offseason program for them. I understand deferring to the champs who won despite injuries, and even though their draft was um terrible, it probably will not matter until next season.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I mean the D is bad, but I do not expect much of rookies this year just because there will be virtually no offseason program for them. I understand deferring to the champs who won despite injuries, and even though their draft was um terrible, it probably will not matter until next season.

Hate to see your standards of what the criteria for a good defense is. Wow.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
A team with an actually good secondary. They were bad last year and lost the only good piece they had.

Our defense allowed 223 passing yards a game. Puts us at #10 out of 32 teams. The 49ers were #1 allowing only 169 passing yards a game. Bad getting turnovers, not bad in passing yards allowed.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Hate to see your standards of what the criteria for a good defense is. Wow.
Are you actually suggesting our defense was good?

You just stated a few posts up that “not good = bad” so let’s hear your “rating”

They’re either good or bad in your grading criteria, so which is it?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dallas is dumb. They need to approach their FA to be a year before they become free. IF the guy wants too much money, you trade him. If the two sides can meet in the middle, you sign him and probably for a little less than what you would have by waiting until the week before he is free.

Cowboys seem to think that the tags are some kind of big bargaining threat for them.

No way should Jones been able to just walk free with no compensation.
Totally Agree! It sure would of been nice to still have Jones with the addition of Diggs.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Are you actually suggesting our defense was good?

You just stated a few posts up that “not good = bad” so let’s hear your “rating”

They’re either good or bad in your grading criteria, so which is it?

I said NOT good creating turnovers. But #10 in least passing yards allowed (49ers were #1). And #9 in least total yards allowed. Good, not elite.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I said NOT good creating turnovers. But #10 in least passing yards allowed (49ers were #1). And #9 in least total yards allowed. Good, not elite.
Ok. Got you down for the Cowboys having a Good defense.

I don’t think you’ll find many who agree with you but hey, this forum is for posting opinions and you have one