NFL Power Rankings: Cowboys get major boost from 2020 Draft

Kwyn

Reaction score
I don't understand that at all.
You think we are a playoff lock?

Considering we failed to beat out an injury decimated Eagles team and missed the playoffs entirely, I think borderline playoff team would be an adequate description at this point.

Even with the new playoff formula adding another playoff team nothing is guaranteed. We would still have missed out last year under the new system.

We are not the only team that had a draft and I think some folks around here believe we’re going to have five day 1 starters from the rookie class. They’re rookies and these things take time.

I’m hopeful and I think there’s a chance that McCarthy can make a JG difference, but let’s face it, that’s the only significant change and even then we are just guessing because the lack of a training camp is going to really hinder his efforts to set the new program in place.

Talent was upgraded in some areas and downgraded in others. It’s not like we just lost a bunch of chumps and added pro bowlers through free agency.

I’m as big a Cowboy fan as anyone. I’m *hopeful* we go 10-6 and win the division.

That being said, I’ve cheered through the good times and bad going back to the 70’s and having seen it all as a fan, I’ve developed what I think is a pretty realistic outlook.

To quote Parcells, “You are who you are”

Right now we are an 8-8 team that missed the playoffs with a new coaching staff and a lot of questions that need to be answered.

I’d say “borderline playoff team” is a pretty balanced viewpoint at this point in the off-season.