NFL Pro Bowl:Which Cowboys deserve a nod, and who doesn't

Carson

Reaction score
LVE definitely doenst make it. That's actually laughable right now. Martin for sure. Jones? Dlaw probably, but too early to tell. Smith? I doubt it. Zeke? He isn't beating out Gurley and Kamara. He also has Barkley to contend with. If he has a monster 2nd half he might do it.

Gurley or Kamara will be playing in the super bowl.

Jones has been the #1 corner

Smith shouldn’t get it. But likely does based off reputation

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's tied for first in the league in solo tackles. The top 2 tacklers last year both made the pro bowl.

He also just had the key turnover in a prime time game. The quarterback who threw that interception is pretty good I hear, so that was no small feat.
What he “just” did doesn’t matter. The Pro Bowl ballot was already set. That’s what fans have to remember - the ballot is not thrown together last second. I agree LVE is a worthy candidate, but he hasnt Ben the starter most of the year, and the ballot typically reflects who starts.

Carson

Reaction score
What he “just” did doesn’t matter. The Pro Bowl ballot was already set. That’s what fans have to remember - the ballot is not thrown together last second. I agree LVE is a worthy candidate, but he hasnt Ben the starter most of the year, and the ballot typically reflects who starts.

Exactly. That’s why guys like Tyron smith get in even in down years

Tussinman

Reaction score
Smith shouldn’t get it. But likely does based off reputation
Why do people keep saying this ? He's not the clear cut #1 LT in football anymore but he's still easily top 5 in the league.

Last year 6 NFC conference tackles made the pro bowl, there's not 6 tackles better than Tyron in the entire league let alone NFC (especially with Johnson and Trent Williams being injured).

Guys like Tyron get in because when a Hall of fame player plays banged up, there still better than 99% of the players in the NFL........

lukin2006

Reaction score
Could the NFL do us all a favour, award players the pro-bowl nod, give them some cash and a plaque, but please quit wasting time playing this dumb all-star game.

Carson

Reaction score
Why do people keep saying this ? He's not the clear cut #1 LT in football anymore but he's still easily top 5 in the league.

Last year 6 NFC conference tackles made the pro bowl, there's not 6 tackles better than Tyron in the entire league let alone NFC (especially with Johnson and Trent Williams being injured).

Guys like Tyron get in because when a Hall of fame player plays banged up, there still better than 99% of the players in the NFL........

As of a few weeks ago

Whitworth, Bakhtiari, Armstead, Williams, Leno, Matthews were all graded higher

My apologies for upsetting you.

I should have said, he’s still hall of fame and elite. Just dropped a few notches down

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
5 or 6 Pro Bowlers for a 4-5 team? :huh: How many will the Rams and Saints get? 15 each?
I would say at this point Zeke is the only lock. All of our “reputation” guys ain’t going if they finish 6-10.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
NFL Pro Bowl: Which Cowboys deserve a nod, who doesn't and why
ByPATRIK WALKER 20 hours ago
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...d-in-NFL-pro-bowl-vote-124771284/#124771284_1

It's that time of the year again, when the NFL sets players up to either be praised or snubbed.

Pro Bowl voting for this season is now underway, and there's a long list of Dallas Cowboys' personnel present and accounted for, despite the team struggling with an overall record of 4-5 through their first nine games. While the roster as a whole hasn't consistently put the winning pieces together, a demerit more attributable to coaching than any purported lack of talent, there are still more than a few individuals who have been playing better than you'd suspect. Inside of that tally are those who take the field weekly with their hair on fire, continually attempting to lead the team out of the doldrums of mediocrity.

Garrett
Heath
Gathers
Dak

Deserve a nod for sure.

Oh and Austin. He made a couple nice plays the first couple of weeks back so he should be on that list also.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course once on the ballot people still have to vote for you - other team’s starters are on the ballot too. But it’s true that especially with a position like O-Line that voters don’t know much about people tend to vote in the same people a lot

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl jumped the shark many moons ago. The game itself sucks and the selection process is severely flawed if not fraudulent and provides little more than mental masturbation for the unwashed masses,,, oh wait, I'm talking about the Hall of Fame! Never mind...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's tied for first in the league in solo tackles. The top 2 tacklers last year both made the pro bowl.

He also just had the key turnover in a prime time game. The quarterback who threw that interception is pretty good I hear, so that was no small feat.

I'm referring to his comment of just voting all Cowboys players.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Not Zeke with Gurley, Kamara, and Barkley in our conference

Yes to Martin and Byron

Dlaw shouldnt over Mack, Chandler Jones, Clark, Cameron Jordan, and Hunter

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I'm amusing the peanut gallery.

If you want any integrity in pro bowl voting take the vote away from the fans. They are mostly morons who will simply vote for their own team.

Oh c'mon Star. Be nice. I am a fan and even though I don't vote I have in the past. I have also voted for other teams players that deserve to be there. Homer=Me. I would like several of the Cowboys to play but they do not deserve it.....yet.

Our team:
Byron Jones
Dlaw

That's about it. It's too early in the year to determine who else is eligible on this team. They should have the vote after like game 13.