NFL proposes 18 game schedule

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think you’re going to see that for sure. Play your starters as many games early in the season as you can and try to clinch a playoff spot.

Exactly.......worry about sitting once playoff probability is either secured or eliminated. But I'm guessing injuries will cover a lot of it....if allowed.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
So ****** stupid. Being forced to mix match rosters for certain games when never in the history of this sport have you had to do that. The last thing the NFL does is increase their season. In fact, I'd love to see a 12 game schedule with 2 bye weeks. No out of conference games. 18 is waaaay too long. 16 is already an extreme grind of attrition.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So if your backup QB dinged in the 1st series does the Dak then get to enter the game? lol Maybe you put a bunch of 2nd string players in and they all fall to injury on 1st series and we have to put the starters back in. lol

Not in favor of 18 game schedule in this format or any other.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they go to 18, I would really like a schedule with no interconference play until the SB. Play 6 against the division, and 12 against every other conference team. Level playing field on the schedule and no chance of a rematch in the SB.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
So if your backup QB dinged in the 1st series does the Dak then get to enter the game? lol Maybe you put a bunch of 2nd string players in and they all fall to injury on 1st series and we have to put the starters back in. lol

Not in favor of 18 game schedule in this format or any other.
Hidden benefit: 2 free injury weeks for every player!

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Thank the stars. The owners in the league and the league itself are simply going broke and this will allow them to feed their families and put clothes on their backs that they desperately need.

*cue 'Angel' from Sara McLachlan, still photo of a frail JJ*

fredp22

Reaction score
so we have to carry 2 long snappers, 2 field goal kickers, 2 punters?
all teams would red shirt their good players week 1 and 2. We wouldnt want to find ourselves in a playoff race- 6 games remaining but Cooper, Zeke, and Dak still need to sit 2 out. All teams would have to carry 3 qbs (if #1 qb is red-shirted and #2 gets injured during game). If a player has 4 (or whatever) game suspension-can he use red shirt games?

Sydla

Reaction score
Terrible. Who wants to watch a regular season game where Zeke, Amari or a guys like LVE or Smith are held out ?
It's like a preseason game .

How would you manage the offensive line which relies on chemistry?

Teams have injuries all the time and adapt. At least the good teams do.

Teams would also likely stagger who misses what based on opponents so you likely wokld never see a game where all the best players are out.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think you’re going to see that for sure. Play your starters as many games early in the season as you can and try to clinch a playoff spot.

So fans get to pay for 2 more exhibition games. The NFL is such a clown car.

For me hockey is taking over. Baseball next. College Football. If Goodell continues I will more interested in Bass Fishing tournaments.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Dumb, dumb, dumb!

They are fine with 16 games. No need for more regular season games. There is no reason for any expansion whatsoever. If you want more football, then add more playoff games and I'm not for that, either. Intentionally having to sit players is ridiculous and will only cause trouble.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I hate this idea. The coach should be putting his best 11 players available on the field every play. If a player needs to sit out a play or two for a breather or injury then they aren't available. Otherwise, the player needs to be ready to go in the game when the coach needs him. No limit on how many games a player can play. This idea is all about the league's greed and how they can get away with two more games without it costing them more to pay the players.