NFL: QB rankings through week 7

DFWJC

Reaction score
He's
4th in QB Rating and
10th in TDs-Turnovers.

Not sure how Rosenthal (not NFL.com staff, but one guy named Rosenthal) thinks that puts him ahead of guys whose teams have done as well or better, and that rank higher than him in both categories and have also played as tough or tougher schedules......
but it's his article so he can do what he wants!
:dance:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-week-7-2021-season-rankings

Dak is #1 on the most important ranking, NFL.com, which is the one that average NFL fans use the most. The QB index often reverberates on the bottom alert section on the NFL channel. It seems more and more people are actively becoming aware of Dak's awesomeness!

Here's another (tho much less significant link) having Dak at #1: https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/10...e-to-give-credit-where-credit-is-due-at-no-1/
Outstanding

Bates

Reaction score
I have stated many times why I am not a Dak fan. Just because the Cowboys signs a player, that doesn’t mean that I automatically like him. When TO was signed, my opinion of him didn’t change. He was still the jerk that went to the star at the 50 yard line and embarrassed the Cowboys. Deion was the most talented player that I have ever seen, but my opinion of him being a diva that cared more about himself than the team never changed. Jerry signed Greg Hardy, just because he was a Cowboy doesn’t mean that I have to like him or agree with his woman beating ways. How can anybody instantly like a player just because he is wearing a star? Just because they play for the Cowboys does not mean that I have to like any player on the roster. After 50 years of fandom, I have learned that I don’t have to like every player They sign or every fan that claims to be Cowboy fans.

thanks for the response. All those players I can understand based on their history, flamboyance, etc. Especially hardy. There were things about those players that irked me. I didn’t intend my response to insinuate that I automatically like every cowboy. Dak seems like a likable guy, team player, no showboating, etc. so I was curious what it is about him specifically. I don’t expect us all to agree. That would be a pretty boring echo chamber.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why? I am not a Dak fan at all, but I don’t care what he does. I can only speak for myself, but usually i ignore any articles about if they are good or bad. I ignore him unless I am bored and want to post enough to ruin the day for some of his worshipers. It is good entertainment.
You just admitted you are a troll. You're lucky I'm not a mod.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh don’t . I have not judged how Dak has played this year. His play doesn’t matter to me. Why is that so hard to understand? Your hero, idol and QB means nothing to me. I can honestly say that I have not looked at his stats this year for any reason. Why can’t you and your cronies handle that? I dion’t care if you study Dak’s stats for 10 hours a day. Good for you. It would take a very weak person to change their opinion because of you Dak worshipers. I am sorry, but I don’t respect all of you guys enough to change my opinion. I am going to sleep and I won’t miss a wink. All of you guys will still let my opinion keep you up all night because it worry’s you.
Yep I love a 4th round miracle that has become a top 5 elite QB.

must be horrible for you.

and what is your reasoning for not liking him?

waving monkey

Reaction score
Why? I am not a Dak fan at all, but I don’t care what he does. I can only speak for myself, but usually i ignore any articles about if they are good or bad. I ignore him unless I am bored and want to post enough to ruin the day for some of his worshipers. It is good entertainment.
do you find fault in his leadership?
do you find fault in his work ethic?
do you find fault in his stats/ PPG/ ect ect.
do you find fault in his in his wins>
or you just dont like your QB because ?
are you pappydawgs son?

Yobwocs

Reaction score

Always nice to see someone post on multiple Dak threads when you don't care about the guy. I guess you cared enough to say that you don't care about him.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right it's a team but like Belichick said last week he's the trigger playing at a high level. Let's put it another way, do you think we would be 5-1 with Dalton at QB? Bottom line, more times than not, teams will go as far as their QB will take them........sure you heard that before (lol)

Honestly...I think we would be better THIS year with Dalton, than LAST year with Dalton.
We are a better TEAM.

And NO WAY IN H _ E DOUBLE ELLS.....would I want Dalton here this year over Dak...which I think that's what you are trying to get me to say. Or Dak is the best QB in the history of the NFL?

And no...I do not agree the teams go as far as the QB will take them. Usually...they go as far as the defense takes them. Am I wrong?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right it's a team but like Belichick said last week he's the trigger playing at a high level. Let's put it another way, do you think we would be 5-1 with Dalton at QB? Bottom line, more times than not, teams will go as far as their QB will take them........sure you heard that before (lol)

Honestly...I think we would be better THIS year with Dalton, than LAST year with Dalton.
We are a better TEAM.

And NO WAY IN H _ E DOUBLE ELLS.....would I want Dalton here this year over Dak...which I think that's what you are trying to get me to say. Or Dak is the best QB in the history of the NFL?

And no...I do not agree the teams go as far as the QB will take them. Usually...they go as far as the defense takes them. Am I wrong?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, you remember when some fans compared Dak to Winston? I mean, they are SUPER CLOSE in the graph on the left.
:muttley:

And you keep harping about it puts you in the same boat. Like it makes you so very cool...and in the know.....to just keep bringing it up.

Forgettabout it...enjoy!

Not even sure you know who you are talking about...right? No name. No person...just some vague memory you think needs rehashed over and over.

Who compared dak to winston? LOL like nobody or some nutjob. But whatever you need to do. "Super close on the graph man!"

SackMaster

Reaction score
And you keep harping about it puts you in the same boat. Like it makes you so very cool...and in the know.....to just keep bringing it up.

Forgettabout it...enjoy!

Not even sure you know who you are talking about...right? No name. No person...just some vague memory you think needs rehashed over and over.

Who compared dak to winston? LOL like nobody or some nutjob. But whatever you need to do. "Super close on the graph man!"
Ohhhhh touchy. Was it you?
:muttley:

plasticman

Reaction score
Top rated quarterback.....top rated offense in both points and yards.......but that's not what we want.

top seeding for the playoffs....that's what we want.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We are a better TEAM.

IMO, yes you are wrong........100%. For most, if not all teams will go as far as their QB will take them. There's a reason the position is the highest-paid.

A classic example of my point is the Bucs with Winston at QB vs Brady. Their D has always been good under Todd Bowe. I haven't checked but I'm guessing if we took a peek at the top 10 teams' QBs vs the bottom 10, we'll see they are playing at a high level, regardless of their defense.

So yea, it's a team game, no one questions that but more times than not, the QB position will determine if you're bottom, average or top team.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO, yes you are wrong........100%. For most, if not all teams will go as far as their QB will take them. There's a reason the position is the highest-paid.

A classic example of my point is the Bucs with Winston at QB vs Brady. Their D has always been good under Todd Bowe. I haven't checked but I'm guessing if we took a peek at the top 10 teams' QBs vs the bottom 10, we'll see they are playing at a high level, regardless of their defense.

So yea, it's a team game, no one questions that but more times than not, the QB position will determine if you're bottom, average or top team.
Using Winston/Brady as your example.....well okay.

Plenty of very average QB's have won super bowls. Plenty of very good QB's haven't.

But we're starting to get off track a little bit. THIS TEAM...NOW...is feeding off each other. Of course Dak is a big part of it....so is Diggs. Dak hasn't had that kind of defense support....ever. Getting those stops and turnovers eases the pressure. A strong Zeke and Tony...eases the pressure. KM's seemingly outstanding play calling....eases the pressure. Having no less than three super talented WR's and emerging TE's....eases the pressure.

I guess we'll have to agree the OTHER guy is 100% wrong. :p

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Using Winston/Brady as your example.....well okay.

Plenty of very average QB's have won super bowls. Plenty of very good QB's haven't.

But we're starting to get off track a little bit. THIS TEAM...NOW...is feeding off each other. Of course Dak is a big part of it....so is Diggs. Dak hasn't had that kind of defense support....ever. Getting those stops and turnovers eases the pressure. A strong Zeke and Tony...eases the pressure. KM's seemingly outstanding play calling....eases the pressure. Having no less than three super talented WR's and emerging TE's....eases the pressure.

I guess we'll have to agree the OTHER guy is 100% wrong. :p

OK, but remember the original issue was the "team" is responsible for the success we are having and that's true, no question but as stated before Dak is the trigger ( as Belichick put it). Honestly, I guess you say this falls in line with what we've heard many times about QBs ..... .too much credit or blame.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Always difficult to compile a ranking so to speak of position players as there is bias and a degree of being subjective to it but there is no doubt in the 6 game sample size so far that Dak is easily playing at a Top 5 QB. Now, who the other 4 are and how the Top 5 ranks out is another issue but aside from a few mistakes (which any QB can make), Dak is playing his best career football so far in 2021.

Your post of the year.....congratulations (LOL)