NFL Ratings Down 16% in the Playoffs from a Year Ago

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Sorry but the protests of the protests worked.............ratings are down over 20% from 2016

And there are a lot more Toby Keith fans at NFL games than M+M fans

Your side lost badly...........CK is still unemployed and hardly anyone is still kneeling

Oh you're one those that thinks that the only viewers who stopped watching think like you do.

Meanwhile there are plenty of people who stopped watching because of how Kaep was blackballed and other actions of the NFL as well. The NFL owners by and large are on your side after all.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
got nothing to do with it

ratings are a % of metered TV households extrapolated out of the entire population

and people that cut the cord get HD over the air broadcasts of CBS, NBC and FOX for free...just like the old days when TV was free for everyone

and streamers are still paying top dollar to cable and phone companies for Internet service

ratings are down because LESS people are watching the NFL than before by %

a) that doesn't explain ESPN and NFLN numbers which are in line with the others.
b) that does not account for the people that stream the games online.

Streamers do indeed pay for their ISP. That is why Verizon paid $2.5b to the NFL a few months ago.

Sure less people are watching NFL on TV yet I have yet to see reports of advertising revenue being down or new deals being subpar.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Oh you're one those that thinks that the only viewers who stopped watching think like you do.

Meanwhile there are plenty of people who stopped watching because of how Kaep was blackballed and other actions of the NFL as well. The NFL owners by and large are on your side after all.
Cool story bro

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
a) that doesn't explain ESPN and NFLN numbers which are in line with the others.

Streamers do indeed pay for their ISP. That is why Verizon paid $2.5b to the NFL a few months ago.

Sure less people are watching NFL on TV yet I have yet to see reports of advertising revenue being down or new deals being subpar.
what you haven't seen would fill a stadium...... do your own leg work if you are too lazy to even read the thread

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
what you haven't seen would fill a stadium...... do your own leg work if you are too lazy to even read the thread

I have read the thread. If you would recall I rubbed the Verizon deal in your face earlier in this thread already.

Way to talk around the issue though.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I have read the thread. If you would recall I rubbed the Verizon deal in your face earlier in this thread already.

Way to talk around the issue though.
Media giants will take loss leaders to build a brand....like Verizon and Fox

The “TNF” package had been shared by NBC and CBS the past two seasons, but the deal expired at the end of this season. NBC and CBS combined to pay $900 million in the previous two-year deal.

According to the report, CBS and NBC are seeking to retain the package at a lower price despite losing money and seeing a waning interest from advertisers.

Viewership on CBS for its five games, according to SBJ, fell 4 percent this past season from the year before. NBC witnessed a 21 percent decline from its first season in the two-year

http://www.lindyssports.com/nfl/art...tedly-bids-on-thursday-night-football/465170/

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Media giants will take loss leaders to build a brand....like Verizon and Fox

The “TNF” package had been shared by NBC and CBS the past two seasons, but the deal expired at the end of this season. NBC and CBS combined to pay $900 million in the previous two-year deal.

According to the report, CBS and NBC are seeking to retain the package at a lower price despite losing money and seeing a waning interest from advertisers.

Viewership on CBS for its five games, according to SBJ, fell 4 percent this past season from the year before. NBC witnessed a 21 percent decline from its first season in the two-year

http://www.lindyssports.com/nfl/art...tedly-bids-on-thursday-night-football/465170/

Verizon needs to build a brand? I guess these narratives sound good in your head but that is asinine. :laugh: As if Verizon's brand recognition wasn't pervasive already. Nevermind that they money spent was for a brand new revenue stream in mobile streaming, a medium you are desperate to downplay.

We will have to see what happens. Sure TV contracts are likely to go down at least in part because of competition from an emerging online market but it's not like the NFL hasn't been monetizing the new market concurrently.

Haimerej

Reaction score

Here you go.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
No Cowboys or Packers in the playoffs this year. And I’m glad you made it to the new forum, Jumbo!

Haimerej

Reaction score
Please quote the salient portion that you think shows what you think makes your point. I hope it's not the speculation based on nothing that I read.

And even if that worse case scenario comes true it is still made up for by the Verizon deal.

"Already several hundred million in lost revenue has been booked in 2017"

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
"Already several hundred million in lost revenue has been booked in 2017"

He asserts that citing nothing. How do you reconcile that assertion with the fact that the NFL is expanding the cap? Do you know how the cap is calculated?

I'll give you a hint: it's has to do with total revenue.

diefree666

Reaction score
He asserts that citing nothing. How do you reconcile that assertion with the fact that the NFL is expanding the cap? Do you know how the cap is calculated?

so does the NFL pay you to shill or do you do it for fun?

Haimerej

Reaction score

He didn't say the NFL lost revenue. He said the stations broadcasting games did. That has to do with makegoods due to poor ratings.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Sorry but the protests of the protests worked.............ratings are down over 20% from 2016

And there are a lot more Toby Keith fans at NFL games than M+M fans

Your side lost badly...........CK is still unemployed and hardly anyone is still kneeling

You think a fringe group of foot-stamping drama queens (if they're even really following through) are solely responsible for any ratings drop? And you're the one throwing around "cool story" to others? Haha.

The only people who lost are the hypocrites not watching because they're "offended" at being made uncomfortable. The kneeling had already died down before outside dumbos got involved. The NFL gave money and community organizations benefited. The "outraged" who wanted someone to pay were disappointed when Goodell got his deal renewed. So of course the offended need to try to claim victory someplace. I even said so on the old DC forums that they would try to take credit for what had already begun to die down. The point had already been made though.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Gotta love the irony of a country founded by protest, getting angry at people protesting.

This is the part I find hilarious about the whole thing. No matter what people think about it, it's totally sign of the times that people who complain about others being "offended at everything" and that they can't express themselves how they want because of PC culture ruling the day are then "offended" themselves when someone expresses themselves in a non-PC way they happen to not agree with. It's like make up your minds already. Pick a principle and stick to it no matter the wind direction, lol.