NFL reporter calls Dallas Cowboys 'biggest gaslighters in the league' over offseason inactivity

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

NFL reporter calls Dallas Cowboys 'biggest gaslighters in the league' over offseason inactivity​

Story by Matthew Schmidt, NFL Analysis Network

The Dallas Cowboys have taken tons of criticism this offseason, and it seems like it’s not over.

During an appearance on the Up & Adams Show, NFC North reporter Carmen Vitali ripped the Cowboys for their lack of activity this offseason, calling them “the biggest gaslighters in the league.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=a7a2d8d0ab564febbcd00d197b91cf32&ei=21

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For some strange reason, the Jones front office has never learned the wisdom found in silence. There’s something powerful about letting your results on the field do the talking.

Jerry has famously (and foolishly) said, “All publicity is good publicity“. It may put them in the spotlight but ultimately in the “train wreck” kind of spotlight. It may make them some money but this philosophy certainly hasn’t resulted in a Lombardi or even a divisional playoff win in 3 decades.

Every off-season when there are contracts to be negotiated, they go full on with “sources say” public criticism of their own players, then end up caving to the player they just publicly dissed. It’s insane.

Hey Jerry…No one wants to hear from you. Or the “sources” that spread your gossip in social media. Two big words you should begin living by: Be quiet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For some strange reason, the Jones front office has never learned the wisdom found in silence. There’s something powerful about letting your results on the field do the talking.

Jerry has famously (and foolishly) said, “All publicity is good publicity“. It may put them in the spotlight but ultimately in the “train wreck” kind of spotlight. It may make them some money but this philosophy certainly hasn’t resulted in a Lombardi or even a divisional playoff win in 3 decades.

Every off-season when there are contracts to be negotiated, they go full on with “sources say” public criticism of their own players, then end up caving to the player they just publicly dissed. It’s insane.

Hey Jerry…No one wants to hear from you. Or the “sources” that spread your gossip in social media. Two big words you should begin living by: Be quiet.
History has proven Jerry Jones can use a certain amount of self-restraint before he must talk. It is in his DNA. I have been surprised during those rare few times when Jones has gone 'radio silence' for short spells down through the years. His gift of gab is too often an annoyance for his franchise's fans.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The gas lighting started in 1994….”500 guys could coach this team.”
393ac4.jpg

Yep. That is where the nightmare began.

bewp7

Reaction score
idk what jerry or stephen would care

i see so many cowboys fan still defending them so they can just keep being stupid and the fan base will say it is fine and the smart thing

Kingofholland

Reaction score
And all these opinions are just spoken or written words on paper that don't mean anything until the team hits the field. Granted No one can feel great about the offseason, but there's plenty of talent in place to field a competitive team, and we don't know what players will make a jump or step up.

Maybe Osa steps up in a contract year, maybe Sam Williams just needed more snaps. Maybe Hoffman, Bass, or Richards surprise and become a good starter. Maybe Tolbert turns into a productive number 3. Maybe Zimmer's tweaks make this a more consistent unit. Maybe the Cowboys hit with a couple players in the draft.. Who knows, but I don't want to write off a season before seeing how this team performs.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Jones family are grifters and they the best grifters in the world and it works like a charm.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
And all these opinions are just spoken or written words on paper that don't mean anything until the team hits the field. Granted No one can feel great about the offseason, but there's plenty of talent in place to field a competitive team, and we don't know what players will make a jump or step up.

Maybe Osa steps up in a contract year, maybe Sam Williams just needed more snaps. Maybe Hoffman, Bass, or Richards surprise and become a good starter. Maybe Tolbert turns into a productive number 3. Maybe Zimmer's tweaks make this a more consistent unit. Maybe the Cowboys hit with a couple players in the draft.. Who knows, but I don't want to write off a season before seeing how this team performs.
I think that I would usually take that pragmatic approach.

But over the 50+ years that I’ve been closely following the Cowboys, I’ve come to realize a few things about pro sports…

If you’re not actively progressing, you’re actively regressing.

And pro athletes, right or wrong, rarely, if ever, respect a coach, much less an entire staff, under contract for only the upcoming season.

Either of those things are issues that I’ve never seen work out for a team, much less two going into a season.

And wishing that a draft class save your season? I’ve seen a draft class push a team over the top into playoff success. (‘74 Steelers, Dirty Dozen Cowboys)

But this upcoming season’s Cowboys don’t have the underlying foundation with which to build upon. At least not where it counts. (Trenches)

I have a very bad feeling about this upcoming season, the same bad feeling I had before the GB game. I hope I’m wrong.

Last season I predicted 12 wins. Next season, at this point…less than 5. I hope I’m wrong.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think that I would usually take that pragmatic approach.

But over the 50+ years that I’ve been closely following the Cowboys, I’ve come to realize a few things about pro sports…

If you’re not actively progressing, you’re actively regressing.

And pro athletes, right or wrong, rarely, if ever, respect a coach, much less an entire staff, under contract for only the upcoming season.

Either of those things are issues that I’ve never seen work out for a team, much less two going into a season.

And wishing that a draft class save your season? I’ve seen a draft class push a team over the top into playoff success. (‘74 Steelers, Dirty Dozen Cowboys)

But this upcoming season’s Cowboys don’t have the underlying foundation with which to build upon. At least not where it counts. (Trenches)

I have a very bad feeling about this upcoming season, the same bad feeling I had before the GB game. I hope I’m wrong.

Last season I predicted 12 wins. Next season, at this point…less than 5. I hope I’m wrong.
Well half our team plays under a 1 year deal, so maybe half will respect the coaching staff.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

I don't think anyone is writing off the season already, but you can't deny Jerry's track record don't look too good. All these opinions are based on past history, so they are not just based on fabrication or hate. The Aesop's fable "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" comes to mind, eventually you ignore and don't believe a word he says.