NFL reveals announcers for 6 Super Wild Card Weekend games

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I really enjoy Olsen. Really knowledgeable, and he has gotten better and more interesting each year. I disliked him as a player, but he’s a great announcer.

Olsen, Collinsworth, and Romo are my favorite.

Joe Buck, on the other hand, is cringy and punch worthy…

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's the only Fox game this weekend, so who else was going to do it?

SackMaster

Reaction score
Pat sumerall was as exciting as catholic church in latin. John madden carried those games. Real ones kno
I mean, that should go without saying, the color commentary guy should be carrying the broadcast.

I think what made Pat and John work so well is that Pat was the sane for John's crazy without ever making a big deal of it or trying to make John look bad.

I mean, when John would make the most obvious and just simplistically stupid comment, Pat was there to move the broadcast forward smoothly and without saying "no crap John".

"<After marking the ball on the TelePrompter> And see there, when the ball broke the plane, it becomes a Touchdown."​
- Madden​
"And with the extra point, Team A leads Team B 7-0."​
- Pat​

It was amazing how Pat would not react to some of John's silliness and I honestly don't know how successful a John Madden would have been with a "look at me" play-by-play announcer like Joe Buck.

JMHO

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I actually don’t mind this duo. They’re not the worst out there.

I think Buck/Aimman and Nantz/Romo are the best in the business right now.

Bagman

Reaction score
I miss Booger McFarland and Jason Witten calling games! I enjoyed being reminded that you needed to score points in order to win the game!
Yeah. I loved Witten on the field but WOW he was BRUTAL on air.