NFL reveals announcers for 6 Super Wild Card Weekend games

Flamma

Reaction score
You know what I would pay for? The ability to turn the announcers off. I don't need to hear their mouths. Just the game, crowd, and refs. Will they ever have that option? It shouldn't be that hard to do.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
I randomly watched the 98 ncfccg the other day. Falcons @ Vikings…my god how enjoyable it was listening to Pat and John
Madden loved announcing the Cowboys. He had two staples regarding the Cowboys. One was showing the sunset over Texas Stadium, and other was talking about the sweat lines on the back of the Cowboys o linemen’s seafoam green pants.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I mean, that should go without saying, the color commentary guy should be carrying the broadcast.

I think what made Pat and John work so well is that Pat was the sane for John's crazy without ever making a big deal of it or trying to make John look bad.

I mean, when John would make the most obvious and just simplistically stupid comment, Pat was there to move the broadcast forward smoothly and without saying "no crap John".

"<After marking the ball on the TelePrompter> And see there, when the ball broke the plane, it becomes a Touchdown."​
- Madden​
"And with the extra point, Team A leads Team B 7-0."​
- Pat​

It was amazing how Pat would not react to some of John's silliness and I honestly don't know how successful a John Madden would have been with a "look at me" play-by-play announcer like Joe Buck.

JMHO
I hate joe buck.

CWR

Reaction score
I randomly watched the 98 ncfccg the other day. Falcons @ Vikings…my god how enjoyable it was listening to Pat and John
I can't ever remember being irritated with Madden. Of course we did a lot of winning then so I was probably more agreeable.

Rowdy1

Reaction score
Oh man is this thread bringing back some memories. John was a great commentator ha ha. Always remember him putting his hands all in the turducken on Thanksgiving ha ha. Hard to believe he is gone.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
buck jsut feels big time I cherish these guys who’ve been around since I was 7. Al Michaels has lost it

pansophy

Reaction score
They aren’t bad and they have seen. Lot of us this season so they should have some good insights.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Not a fan of Greg Olsen as he's definitely not a fan of DC....LOL. Good person though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pat sumerall was as exciting as catholic church in latin. John madden carried those games. Real ones kno
Your A team:
Booth
Stephen A. Smith
Booger McFarland
LeSean McCoy

Sideline Reporters
Mike Vick
Marcellus Wiley

‐------------------------
Your All- Cowboys A team:
Michael Irvin
Deion
Charles Haley

Sideline Reporters
TO
Nate Newton

TheHerd

Reaction score
Off course the Cowboys get...Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen, Erin Andrews, Tom Rinaldi! Yeah I know your shocked.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-reveals-announcers-6-super-215433274.html

17eb6be329a2a1bf9d13d7a9218d165f
Ugh. I like Olsen in general, but really dislike his clear anti-Cowboy bias.