Twitter: NFL Roster Cuts

Loso86

Reaction score
Nick Mullins was cut, I've often compared him to Jon Kitna, who was a decent backup.
There's a reason HE was cut from the eagles of all teams sir. And I know that could be said about all players and released qbs. But point is I would feel better by trading for a backup not another jag

Kingofholland

Reaction score
LOL, ...unfortunately, every QB that gets cut or released is for a reason...they all will have warts on them and you just have to hold your nose and choose the one you can live with. A better QB may be available, but it will be on a trade scenario. We do know the ones we have are just not gonna cut it.

Sometimes is just dollars. The backup QB kept is viewed as a similar talent and can't justify paying this guy more. There will probably be a couple released QBs that make us think hmmm he may be better than Gilbert and Rush.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Bring in ANY QB that is released or already available. Have a mass QB workout and sign the winner.
i like this idea, Bring in 20 guys put them in a room give them a playbook of 20 plays to learn over a 1 day period.... then put them against our 1st and 2nd string lbs/dbs in a 7 on 7 comp over 3 days widdle it down to 1 winner.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i like this idea, Bring in 20 guys put them in a room give them a playbook of 20 plays to learn over a 1 day period.... then put them against our 1st and 2nd string lbs/dbs in a 7 on 7 comp over 3 days widdle it down to 1 winner.

MV5BMjY4OTk0MjY3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDQ3MzcwMzE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score
I still say Ced Wilson is the best QB2 option.
umm no..GG played well enough last year in the steeler game when he had starters around him to get the nod..however id like a better option IF Dak gets hurt long-term.short term or say dak plays 16-17 games backup is moot debate..

chicago JK

Reaction score
I think the options out there will be limited for a backup QB. It is something the front office missed....they always appear to miss a few areas each year. Sure, they could find someone better, but they will be limited and plus it will take them to learn the system. I just don't understand why they just didn't go out there and sign a guy like Colt McCoy or Chase Daniel.

If Dak gets hurt for the full year or does not play at top level, the season is wasted anyway. You are just looking for the backup to fill in if Dak missed 1-3 games. Can he go 1-2 or surprise 2-1. That is all you are looking for. You dumb down the offense, have your backup limit mistakes and maybe hit on a few planned big plays a game. With this maybe you sneak out a win. We just don't have a chance with these guys we have now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the options out there will be limited for a backup QB. It is something the front office missed....they always appear to miss a few areas each year. Sure, they could find someone better, but they will be limited and plus it will take them to learn the system. I just don't understand why they just didn't go out there and sign a guy like Colt McCoy or Chase Daniel.

If Dak gets hurt for the full year or does not play at top level, the season is wasted anyway. You are just looking for the backup to fill in if Dak missed 1-3 games. Can he go 1-2 or surprise 2-1. That is all you are looking for. You dumb down the offense, have your backup limit mistakes and maybe hit on a few planned big plays a game. With this maybe you sneak out a win. We just don't have a chance with these guys we have now.

I thought Colt McCoy could have been a cheap safe option too.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I bet Gil Brandt could kick Ben Denucci's arse in an arm wrastling match. I would pay to watch that.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Wow, what a lonely person to make asinine comments constantly projecting his own insecurities and shortcomings onto others.

Please be more specific. You do realize you're describing most of us on this site, right? ;)