NFL Rumors & Notes by Ben Maller 05/25/06...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Akin Ayodele
Rocky Boiman
Kevin Burnett
Bobby Carpenter
Ryan Fowler
JJ Horne
Oliver Hoyte
Bradie James
Kai Parham
John Saldi
Scott Shanle
Al Singleton
Kalen Thornton
DeMarcus Ware

Those are the only ones that have locked up a spot. The question is how many do we keep?

Running the 3-4 I think at the least it will be 8 and I'm thinking 9 and the guys who can make noise on special teams will get those remaining spots.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
The Answer said:
We were 5-1 with Shanle in the starting lineup, and he was a force in the run defense until he got slowed down with the ankle sprain. He's far from the best LB in the league but the kid is a player!

The Answer also believes that Dat's retirement had something to do with Shanle's emergence. Keep a close eye on Scott in 2006, he's on The Answers top 10 players to watch list!

~The Answer

Shanle is a decent nickel backer. He stinks as a starter. He actually made a play or two on the nickel. Not so much when he was forced to start.

Tell Nors hi. I'm assuming you two are posting together somewhere.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Here is the list who do you think are the starts and which one will get a roster spot:
Akin Ayodele
Rocky Boiman
Kevin Burnett
Bobby Carpenter
Ryan Fowler
JJ Horne
Oliver Hoyte
Bradie James
Kai Parham
John Saldi
Scott Shanle
Al Singleton
Kalen Thornton
DeMarcus Ware

Right now, I think those eight make it with possibly one more spot being filled by someone of the group of Parham, Hoyte, Fowler and Thornton.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
junk said:
Right now, I think those eight make it with possibly one more spot being filled by someone of the group of Parham, Hoyte, Fowler and Thornton.

I think that is a pretty good guess. Hopefully the other guys will put up a good fight for the remaining spots. I always want to see guys earn roster spots not get them because the other guy looked bad.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
junk said:
Singleton should be in that picture too.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Akin Ayodele
Rocky Boiman
Kevin Burnett
Bobby Carpenter
Ryan Fowler
JJ Horne
Oliver Hoyte
Bradie James
Kai Parham
John Saldi
Scott Shanle
Al Singleton
Kalen Thornton
DeMarcus Ware

Those are the only ones that have locked up a spot. The question is how many do we keep?

We will keep at least 8, possibly 9 since we are 3-4 team. The Answer agrees with the players you highlighted as 'locks' except for Boiman. So that 3 other spots:

1) Shanle - makes it due to his emergence last season, solid nickel and great special teams player
2) Singleton - makes it by default as veteran in parcells defense.
3) Toss up between Thorton, Boiman and Fowler....If I had to pick one I would say Fowler, but we may end up keeping both fowler and Boiman bringing the total to 9....going to be an interesting battle this summer.

Hoyte and Parnam will be on the practice squad

~The Answer

Kilyin

Reaction score
The Answer said:
Why would we want to trade one of our best back ups for a 4th rounder?

Shanle is a classic Parcells type of player and is going nowhere.

~The Answer

sup Nors.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
junk said:

I like your list with one exception ... I like Thornton to make it in place of Shanle.

I think the 9th linebacker will goto best training camp out of those that are left.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Screw The Hall said:
I like your list with one exception ... I like Thornton to make it in place of Shanle.

I think the 9th linebacker will goto best training camp out of those that are left.

The Answer is dumbfounded by the amount of anti-Shanle posts in this thread.

Give the kid a break, he's no superstar but he's much better than some are giving him credit for, and he's definitely a better option than Thorton.

Shanle is going to turn heads this summer and make the roster easily...mark it down!

~The Answer

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Guy just can't control is weight and can't keep himself in condition.

his weight isn't bad weight, it's all muscle, the problem though is that it makes him too big so he's become less fluid in his movement, and as a WR, fluidity is everything

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
The Answer said:
Record with Shanle in the starting line up: 5-1

Shanle not starting: 4-6

Do the math....the kid is a difference maker and our LB corps are now fully loaded!

~The Answer

I did the math, and I saw better players around him in that 5-1 stretch, and 4-6 stretch, plus better Os faced in that 4-6 stretch

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I did the math, and I saw better players around him in that 5-1 stretch, and 4-6 stretch, plus better Os faced in that 4-6 stretch

Shanle will be back and badder than ever in 2006!

We should be fortunate to have such depth at linebacker that most other teams can only dream of.

~The Answer

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
The Answer said:
We should be fortunate to have such depth at linebacker that most other teams can only dream of.

~The Answer

I love the depth we have, but that's just it, Shanle is depth, you're making him out to be the catalyst of our D, which simply isn't true

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I love the depth we have, but that's just it, Shanle is depth, you're making him out to be the catalyst of our D, which simply isn't true

Shanle isn't a catalyst, but he has the potential to be a bigger contributor than he was last season when we weren't as deep. He knows our system and he's great on special teams. And The Answer don't understand why so many people are hard on this guy and act like he's the worst player on this team?

We wouldn't have resigned him if he wasn't worth keeping, and since we are a 3-4 team we will keep 8 or 9 LB's....Shanle will most certainly be one of them.

~The Answer

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue said:
| C o w b o y s Z o n e | C o w b o y s Z o n e | C o w b o y s Z o n e || C o w b o y s Z o n e | C o w b o y s Z o n e | C o w b o y s Z o n e |
With the addition of Texas quarterback Matt Nordgren earlier this week, the Eagles have 19 rookies on the roster, including this year's eight draft picks. All will attend today except linebacker Chris Gocong. The third-round draft pick has yet to complete classes at Cal Poly, where he is a general engineering major, and will not rejoin the team until June 7, when the Eagles will be in the midst of their second full-squad minicamp. Timmy Chang, the former University of Hawaii star who owns the NCAA record for passing yards, will be at this minicamp after completing his season with the Rhein Fire in NFL Europe.

Can anybody explain why the Eagles are allowed two full-squad minicamps? They just had one a few weeks ago.

I thought all teams were permitted one full squad minicamp, OTAs, and a training camp (with an extra minicamp allowed if there is a new Head Coach).

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
The Answer said:
The Answer is dumbfounded by the amount of anti-Shanle posts in this thread.

Give the kid a break, he's no superstar but he's much better than some are giving him credit for, and he's definitely a better option than Thorton.

Shanle is going to turn heads this summer and make the roster easily...mark it down!

~The Answer

What's your opinion on Al Singleton?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Answer said:
Shanle isn't a catalyst, but he has the potential to be a bigger contributor than he was last season when we weren't as deep. He knows our system and he's great on special teams. And The Answer don't understand why so many people are hard on this guy and act like he's the worst player on this team?

We wouldn't have resigned him if he wasn't worth keeping, and since we are a 3-4 team we will keep 8 or 9 LB's....Shanle will most certainly be one of them.

~The Answer

Shanle is the reincarnation of Jim Schwantz. And we traded him too.