News: NFL: Stephen Jones: We'll sign Prescott at the right number

Little Jr

Reaction score
"We certainly want Dak to be happy, but we also want to surround him with great football players.""

I wish Dak would understand this one line
I wish fans would understand the cap. His cap this year is 31m which is more than it would be this year if he signed a 4 yr contract. With his 31m cap hit they were able to give Cooper his deal and sign multiple players in FA. Even next year it wouldnt be much more than 31m and with cap inflation the % of the cap wouldnt be much difference. So his contract isnt going to cause the team not to be able to sign anyone.

With that said, the Covid situation could affect the season and that would affect the cap next year. They have that excuse in their pocket now and Im sure they will eventually use it. But there is no reason it should have taken a year to get this done

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I didnt want to read through five pages of Dak-bashing, but did anybody actually READ the article or even try to UNDERSTAND the context of the quote?????
Stephen said we are going to get it right for the Cowboys and Dak!!! Win! Win! Get BOTH happy!! We love Dak!!!!
Not, "we doubt Dak, we want him cheap, blah, blah" like some of you guys are making this out to be. You guys are suffering from confirmation bias. Ugh.

There are no hard numbers in Stephen's comments so it is basically just fluff. Says nothing new about negotiations .

BigD_95

Reaction score
I wish fans would understand the cap. His cap this year is 31m which is more than it would be this year if he signed a 4 yr contract. With his 31m cap hit they were able to give Cooper his deal and sign multiple players in FA. Even next year it wouldnt be much more than 31m and with cap inflation the % of the cap wouldnt be much difference. So his contract isnt going to cause the team not to be able to sign anyone.

With that said, the Covid situation could affect the season and that would affect the cap next year. They have that excuse in their pocket now and Im sure they will eventually use it. But there is no reason it should have taken a year to get this done

Wish the fans would understand? Stephen Jones made that comment. I think he understands the cap more than you, a "fan"

erod

Reaction score
Dak - Allen game: Dak passed for over 100 yards more and for an extra touchdown.
Dak - Trubisky game: Dak passed for 90 more total yards and less interceptions.

Only one that performed better statistically was a healthy Darnold who had just returned, fresh and healthy after having weeks off to get his body right. This game still came down to the final drive of the game in the redzone.

Also he did kind of outplay Rodgers. I was in Dallas for the *** whooping that we made respectable towards the end in garbage time. But even in that game, we got ran over on the ground, Rodgers didnt do anything special. We didnt have an answer for the run at all. Cant ignore that Dak tossed for double Rodgers total yards and nearly 500.

Stats are stupid. They mean virtually nothing. Dak was gawd awful in both games. Not even competitive.

Garbage time numbers don't interest me.

star-ving

Reaction score
Wentz helped? think he was injured and it was Foles who did the work

Was Boomer Esiason better than Dan Foutes?

One made the superbowl the other didnt.
Loved watching Dan sling it around..but that was a WR factory over there. Freaking Charlie Joiner? Wes Chandler, Jefferson..and freak TE Winslow. C’mon now.

Hardline

Reaction score
Jerry just needs to tell Dak and his agent what the Cowboys QB job pays with a take it or leave it ultimatum.
They should have drafted Jordan Love as an insurance policy.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jerry just needs to tell Dak and his agent what the Cowboys QB job pays with a take it or leave it ultimatum.
They should have drafted Jordan Love as an insurance policy.

Yes, give Dak the come to Jeezy talk.
Unfortunately, Jerry doesn't have leverage because THAT DARNASH GM DOESN'T HAVE A PLAN B FOR QB!!!!

Little Jr

Reaction score
Wish the fans would understand? Stephen Jones made that comment. I think he understands the cap more than you, a "fan"
If you want to buy into the, there is only so much pie to go around that he spews out, thats on you. You buying into it is exactly what he wants. SJ says it, so it must be true. He knows exactly how it works, but he wants to "win" the negotiations. To do that he needs the public on his side and make it look like Dak is over reaching so when they do sign him for under what they told the public, he looks like he wins. Thats why they leaked the 40m in Aug and said Dak was asking for that and he wasnt at the time. That was their original proposal after the Cowboys low balled with the first offer at 25m. The 40m was just a *** to the Cowboys. The counter offer in may of last year was 34m from Daks side. But everyone bought into the 40m in Aug. Hell, to this day, there are still people buying into it, after it has been shown false over and over and over again.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Dak thread...

Od4Avg7.gif
Just sign him already!

Sydla

Reaction score
The Cowboys are way short on the guaranteed money compared to Goff and Wentz. Goff got $110 million guaranteed on a four year extension. Cowboys are offering less guaranteed money while trying to lock Dak up for five years.

What have the Cowboys offered?

And you don’t understand the structure Goff got. It was a four year extension tacked on to the remaining two years of his rookie deal, which allowed them to spread money over more than just four years.

Section446

Reaction score
Jones finally sees that Dak doesn't make people around him better, he has to be carried by elite talent.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are way short on the guaranteed money compared to Goff and Wentz. Goff got $110 million guaranteed on a four year extension. Cowboys are offering less guaranteed money while trying to lock Dak up for five years.
I think Dak's offer guaranteed $105mil, no? That's hardly $20mil less, as someone suggested..