NFL talks "Dead as a doornail" per ESPN TV...Talks to resume Sun.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
breaking news on ESPNNews lower corner says "NFL labor talks break off:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
But ... but ... ProFootballTalk's "league source" just said the NFL and the NFLPA are bleeping closing in on a bleeping deal. And ProFootballTalk's word is as good as gold. (Or is it iron pyrite?)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
But ... but ... ProFootballTalk's "league source" just said the NFL and the NFLPA are bleeping closing in on a bleeping deal. And ProFootballTalk's word is as good as gold. (Or is it iron pyrite?)

Seems PFT has had pretty bad sources for the CBA deal, last week it was done just needed announced right?

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
So the Commanders' stay of execution is over and they are back on the clock...
Guess its time to go check out ES again. I like it when they cry over there. Their really funny.

sacase

Reaction score
let the blood letting begin......

I am curious as to how the skins "restructured" the contracts and didn't have to cut any players.

mbanx

Reaction score
I wish they would just do something. Either agree or agree to disagree and lets get on with FA. This **** went from being intriguing to being annoying now.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5380160

Fox Sports is saying the hold up is the owners and that Upshaw and Tags has a handshake deal. Bottom line is the small market teams don't want the rich owners giving big bonuses. It's called "cash over cap."

Seems some owners have Jerry Envy. :lmao2:

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
I think if there are smaller market teams who are complaining about cash coming in. Then the NFL needs to send experts into help them max out their markets. That way, nobody can complain about what they are sharing with the rest of the league!.

Gaede

Reaction score
for christsakes, you're all millionaires (and some billionaires)!!!!!!!!

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
I'd rather the deal get done but at least this gives the Cowboys better odds at getting the prime FAs they want (e.g. Bentley). This will knock many potential suitors out of the bidding.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
fanfromvirginia said:
I'd rather the deal get done but at least this gives the Cowboys better odds at getting the prime FAs they want (e.g. Bentley). This will knock many potential suitors out of the bidding.

not getting the CBA done will knock us out of the Bentley sweepstakes.

acheman

Reaction score
Guys, I hate the Rednecks too, but watching their demise at the expense of the game itself gives me no joy.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Depending on the rookie cap- and how much we use to sign our own- we should have with the restructuring of LA's as well- around 10-12 mill to deal with. That is enough for 3 fairly high ones- or one really big one. Or two pretty big ones. Frankly- Bentley would be my choice of one we have to get done. IF not- then find a decent tackle, FS and Kicker and then draft everything else we need. By the way- pick up a fat body for NT (should not cost much at all).

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

Mortensen's just as bad. He just doesn't have the curse words or the pop ups.

Rich.......

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Depending on the rookie cap- and how much we use to sign our own- we should have with the restructuring of LA's as well- around 10-12 mill to deal with. That is enough for 3 fairly high ones- or one really big one. Or two pretty big ones. Frankly- Bentley would be my choice of one we have to get done. IF not- then find a decent tackle, FS and Kicker and then draft everything else we need. By the way- pick up a fat body for NT (should not cost much at all).

According to Spagnola we will have 15 million to spend in free agency. This number has already deducted rookie signings, rfa tenders, Pracice squad and injury settlments

The Cowboys, by my understanding, should have, after cutting Glover, and adjusting a couple of contracts, like $15 million available to spend in free agency if there is no extension to the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Now be careful. I said available to spend in free agency, which means other numbers you might read will be larger since they don't account for signing draft choices, practice squads and injury settlement costs, along with tenders to restricted and exclusive rights free agents.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
According to Spagnola we will have 15 million to spend in free agency. This number has already deducted rookie signings, rfa tenders, Pracice squad and injury settlments
He got his info from Adam...:D .