NFL talks "Dead as a doornail" per ESPN TV...Talks to resume Sun.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Wheat said:
Of course it is.

Why would guys like Bidwell and Brown WANT to spend money on their teams when they know other owners like Jones and Snyder are going to actually work at marketing their team and will also share that extra loot.

It's called a "welfare mentality." It's just like in society. Why should someone go out and work when somone else will foot the bill and give them the fruit of their labor?

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
If that's what you think. Then cool.

Maybe one day Dallas will be the featured team on the Armed Forces Network, since they're America's team. ;)

Seriously, if they can get paid, and play for a team that's been a contender 4 out of the last 5 years. With a coach they think will be there in 3 years. Why wouldn't they choose that?

I think Philly if they want, is going to snatch up any name they want if the offers are equal between you two.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Wheat said:
Oh, I don't care either way.

The Skins were ready to be under the cap without cutting big names on Friday.

Not to mention, why would a big FA pick Dallas over say...Philly who has a ton of Cap room, and an injured team who is probably already the favorite to win the Division again?

I didn't know that Philly was the favorite to win the division. They've got issues on O-Line, defense, and they simply don't want to run the ball which killed them last year.

Rich..............
wasn't like Dallas and NYG didn't have any big injuries last year

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
It's called a "welfare mentality." It's just like in society. Why should someone go out and work when somone else will foot the bill and give them the fruit of their labor?

True Dat.

Its time for some tough love.

If they want the cash from the richer teams. Then they need to be forced to use that cash to either spend on FA's, or Market the team.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
I didn't know that Philly was the favorite to win the division. They've got issues on O-Line, defense, and they simply don't want to run the ball which killed them last year.

Rich..............
wasn't like Dallas and NYG didn't have any big injuries last year

Come on. Philly was destroyed.

Yes, a healthy Philly with a modest offseason are the favorites. Not Washington or Dallas or New York,

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Wheat said:
True Dat.

Its time for some tough love.

If they want the cash from the richer teams. Then they need to be forced to use that cash to either spend on FA's, or Market the team.

Well, we are on a roll with agreeing on things.:confused:

The last part should be mandatory. There should be some guidlines in place as to how much of that shared revenue MUST go into marketing the team.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
Wheat said:
Come on. Philly was destroyed.

Yes, a healthy Philly with a modest offseason are the favorites. Not Washington or Dallas or New York,

I for one don't believe that Philly will win the NFC east. And no, I not saying that we will it either.

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
DaBoyz73 said:
I for one don't believe that Philly will win the NFC east. And no, I not saying that we will it either.

Well, they might not win.

I happen to believe all the NFC East teams aren't half bad. Its going to have a lot to do with injuries and how well new players brought in work the systems.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It will all come down to who has the fewest injuries to major players next year.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Just watched sportscenter and they had Clayton on- this guy really is a joke. A total zero. Now I can see why his columns are such a mess. This guy also cannot say for sure on anything. total twerp.
Basically said what Mort said earlier- only he was a lot less impressive and whole lot less comprehensible.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
Wheat said:
Well, they might not win.

I happen to believe all the NFC East teams aren't half bad. Its going to have a lot to do with injuries and how well new players brought in work the systems.

Okay stop it! I have to agree with you again, Image that! :eek:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd said:
Just watched sportscenter and they had Clayton on- this guy really is a joke. A total zero. Now I can see why his columns are such a mess. This guy also cannot say for sure on anything. total twerp.
Basically said what Mort said earlier- only he was a lot less impressive and whole lot less comprehensible.
Before Al Gore invented the internet, I always thought this guy was pretty sharp. The last ten years my opinion of him has gone downhill big time.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
On Friday I saw Clayton give two separate rundowns on the salary cap status of teams in which he gave two separate executive summaries of which teams were in trouble. Because the lists were different, his executive summary was different so in one report he said something like the Raiders are clearly going to have the most trouble getting under the cap and in the other, just hours later, he said something like the Commanders are clearly going to have the most trouble getting under the cap. And, to top it all off, it's safe to assume neither of the lists were even close considering the foolishness that gets reported on ESPN and other places concerning "official" cap numbers.

Yeah, Clayton is damn near useless.