Video: NFL Whispers: Players the Cowboys Love

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Makes sense to me. Now I wonder who they have on their list of linebackers. Zaven just weighed in at 270

J-man

Reaction score
I agree with everything he just said. However, I still believe he is the Cowboys biggest official, unofficial smoke blower so I take it for what it's worth.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That all sounds about right. And I’d have no problem with drafting at 10 and trading #44 and more to get back into that first round.

And kudos to Fish, looks like he’s been hitting the gym!
:thumbup:

I love the trade up idea.

the cowboys have 10 picks.

I would rather they use those picks. To slide up in the rounds. Rather than take 10 players.

I would rather get 5-6 higher rated players. Than 10 lower rates ones. 10 rookies aren’t making the roster anyway.

would also be nice to get a second player with a 5 year rookie deal.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love the trade up idea.

the cowboys have 10 picks.

I would rather they use those picks. To slide up in the rounds. Rather than take 10 players.

I would rather get 5-6 higher rated players. Than 10 lower rates ones. 10 rookies aren’t making the roster anyway.

would also be nice to get a second player with a 5 year rookie deal.

I remember the last time they traded down and took a bunch of players. All of them sucked.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except just trading a 4th rd pick to get into the 1st rd, that's not happening.

The 3rd and 4th round comp picks are close to the end of the round value but I can’t see KC or Tampa getting excited enough about that to trade out if round one.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The 3rd and 4th round comp picks are close to the end of the round value but I can’t see KC or Tampa getting excited enough about that to trade out if round one.
I think it's either going to take 44/75 or 44/both 3/4 comp picks to get up in that late 1 range.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's either going to take 44/75 or 44/both 3/4 comp picks to get up in that late 1 range.

That’s about how the math works. 44/75 might get you to 28 and the 3rd and 4th comp picks add up to the end of the round. But I don’t see either Super Bowl team wanting that deal.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That’s about how the math works. 44/75 might get you to 28 and the 3rd and 4th comp picks add up to the end of the round. But I don’t see either Super Bowl team wanting that deal.
Baltimore or the Saints might

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, you can always add up enough mediocre picks to make the chart math work, but you have to ask why the other team would take mediocre picks to drop so far. It's more likely you'd have to include a higher 2022 pick.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I think 44/75 is something you can give up.

given the 3rd round comp pick plus 2 fourths. It should then be relatively easy for the cowboys to move up from 99 into the early 3rd. If they do choose to do it.