Video: NFL Whispers: Players the Cowboys Love

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, you can always add up enough mediocre picks to make the chart math work, but you have to ask why the other team would take mediocre picks to drop so far. It's more likely you'd have to include a higher 2022 pick.

:hammer:

Bingo!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think 44/75 is something you can give up.

given the 3rd round comp pick plus 2 fourths. It should then be relatively easy for the cowboys to move up from 99 into the early 3rd. If they do choose to do it.

They certainly can. I’m just not sure whether or not they should. I guess it all depends on who’s potentially there in late round one.

HungryLion

Reaction score
They certainly can. I’m just not sure whether or not they should. I guess it all depends on who’s potentially there in late round one.

Sure. You don’t do it, just for the sake of doing it.

But, if somebody they have a first round grade drops down that far. Then I think it’s ok. You have to really love the player though.

visionary

Reaction score
You’d have to give up 2 and 3 to even get into the bottom of rd 1. That’s not a good move. Much better to move back from 10 and get an extra 2 and then take Moehrig at 15-16 and trade up with the 2 seconds and take Barmore or Collins. That combo is much much better than Surtain or Horn at 10

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
My #1 play at 10 is Surtain and I don't like my #2s. I'd pick Parsons if I had to do it. Trading down would be tricky, because the QBs will all be off the board and no Sewell or Surtain would mean that we don't really have any blue-chip bait to dangle.

At 44, it seems like there are safeties that drop every year, so Jevon Holland and Richie Grant might be there and are high on my list if they do. Jabril Cox is also a perfect fit at LB. Paulson Adebo is a high octane press corner getting overlooked in a deep year. Creed Humphrey looks like a super safe bet at C if we want to go that route. I really like our options here.

44+75 would get us to #28 on the Johnson trade value chart, although the value of the 5th year option for 1st rounders now skews that calculation a bit. Let's say we can trade up to the #35 type neighborhood... Moehrig, Barmore, Zaven Collins and Stokes are all easily worth a 2+3. All of those guys are 20s-ish players but one might slip through.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My #1 play at 10 is Surtain and I don't like my #2s. I'd pick Parsons if I had to do it. Trading down would be tricky, because the QBs will all be off the board and no Sewell or Surtain would mean that we don't really have any blue-chip bait to dangle.

At 44, it seems like there are safeties that drop every year, so Jevon Holland and Richie Grant might be there and are high on my list if they do. Jabril Cox is also a perfect fit at LB. Paulson Adebo is a high octane press corner getting overlooked in a deep year. Creed Humphrey looks like a super safe bet at C if we want to go that route. I really like our options here.

44+75 would get us to #28 on the Johnson trade value chart, although the value of the 5th year option for 1st rounders now skews that calculation a bit. Let's say we can trade up to the #35 type neighborhood... Moehrig, Barmore, Zaven Collins and Stokes are all easily worth a 2+3. All of those guys are 20s-ish players but one might slip through.
Are you ok with Cox as a run defender? To me, he is a major liability in that area and we already struggle stopping the run. Might just be a nickel, coverage linebacker.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think 44/75 is something you can give up.

given the 3rd round comp pick plus 2 fourths. It should then be relatively easy for the cowboys to move up from 99 into the early 3rd. If they do choose to do it.

Exactly.

Ideally, you would be trading back into the 1st round to grab another player that has slipped that you have a 1st round grade on.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
That all sounds about right. And I’d have no problem with drafting at 10 and trading #44 and more to get back into that first round.

And kudos to Fish, looks like he’s been hitting the gym!
:thumbup:

Agree with all of it too. I’d love to move back up and have CB and my TCU guy at S. I’d take Barmore moving up too.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do they need more picks?
Honestly hard to say. Ive seen a couple people (Brandt being one) saying this is an unstable draft. On one hand, alot of players may not work out. On the other hand, you may want more darts to add talent.

Im skeptical of making alot of trade downs, because I think the talent level of this draft could be comparable to 2009. And that didnt work out well

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That all sounds about right. And I’d have no problem with drafting at 10 and trading #44 and more to get back into that first round.

And kudos to Fish, looks like he’s been hitting the gym!
:thumbup:
The scenario he has laid out makes alot of sense to me. Moehrig and Collins have both been mention as guys they love, and neither will make it to 44. Collins may not even make it to 20. With this draft, being aggressive and getting the guy you love Cusack style may be your best bet