Twitter: NFL will let replay assistant fix mistakes on roughing the passer, intentional grounding

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Long overdue. When we as fans can sit in our living rooms and watch the refs make mistakes that could change the outcome of a game and the league does nothing about it is beyond frustrating. Communication is instant now and it shouldn't take that much effort to correct obvious mistakes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Remember the phantom tripping call in NE a few years ago?

Things like that have to be fixed. Holding calls should at least be allowed to be challenged.
It’s tough to correct judgement calls. Easier for us when it’s not in live action and we can watch in slow motion from different angles.

Personally I think the game is over officiated. I begun watching before we had Instant Replay.

I say let them play and only call the more obvious infractions like with the ball. Those are the plays which dramatically impact results especially at end of game which is why Instant Replay was initially implemented.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It’s tough to correct judgement calls. Easier for us when it’s not in live action and we can watch in slow motion from different angles.

Personally I think the game is over officiated. I begun watching before we had Instant Replay.

I say let them play and only call the more obvious infractions like with the ball. Those are the plays which dramatically impact results especially at end of game which is why Instant Replay was implemented initially.
I think keeping it objective is the way to go. For instance, the one called against Hendershot was clearly a bad call and could be fixed objectively since there was no tripping.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think keeping it objective is the way to go. For instance, the one called against Hendershot was clearly a bad call and could be fixed objectively since there was no tripping.
I suppose but I tend to want to stay away from calls which don’t directly revolve around the ball.

It is a contact physical sport. Let ‘em play.

Im more concerned about possession on fumbles miscalled or two feet in bounds, interceptions and receptions , especially for a TD. Crossing the plane of the goal and even spotting the ball which they miss too.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I suppose but I tend to want to stay away from calls which don’t directly revolve around the ball.

It is a contact physical sport. Let ‘em play.

Im more concerned about possession on fumbles miscalled or two feet in bounds, interceptions and receptions , especially for a TD. Crossing the plane of the goal and even spotting the ball which they miss too.
I'd just like to see the correct calls made. I don't care who makes them. Let see if the booth can do better because what the NFL is doing now isn't working.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'd just like to see the correct calls made. I don't care who makes them. Let see if the booth can do better because what the NFL is doing now isn't working.
The booth ref is still going to be an NFL employee .. I don't trust him/her any more than I do any of the other Goodell lackies.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The booth ref is still going to be an NFL employee .. I don't trust him/her any more than I do any of the other Goodell lackies.
It will probably be just as bad, but that possibility doesn't mean they shouldn't try something.