Twitter: NFL will let replay assistant fix mistakes on roughing the passer, intentional grounding

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Close is not supposed to count! This is not Horse Shoes.
Too many selfish players try to stick the ball over the goal line with on hand stretched out. What happens? a smart defender smacks it out of their hand inches before the goalie.
Close counted for decades . And it’s why we implemented Instant Replay reviews which I was for. But it’s gone too far.

This is a game played by humans and officiated by humans. Not computers and TV angles. It doesn’t have to be perfect.

I attended games for most of my life and we didn’t even see Instant Replay

If those goal line plays crossing the plane weren’t over analyzed they’d stop extending .

The bigger problem is all of the new protection penalties for QB’s and receivers which has created more of these judgement calls needed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's why I want to see what they do. Some of the moves they've made to try to improve officiating did not do it, so let's see what happens before pronouncing judgment.

I do disagree with you that the best teams should be able to overcome bad officiating. There's often not much that separates the best from the best so an officiating mistake can affect the outcome. I'd rather we try what's reasonable to mitigate those mistakes and see if we can.
The league will continue to pander to public perception much like they initially with Instant Replay reviews which most fans this generation can’t even imagine a league without.

But if they truly wanted to correct and limit some of these poor decisions they could add more officials on the field and get it right in real time . And stop implementing these ticky tacky rules to protect the QB’s and receivers .

I hate how we can’t even celebrate most TD’s until a review is made. This game was not meant to be perfect .

fivetwos

Reaction score
I attended games most of my life being a season ticket holder for most of 4 decades. And for much of that we didn’t see the Instant Replay cause there was no big screen.

I understand why fans are so distraught over this but I’ll maintain it’s too much information and over analyzing . It wasn’t intended to be that perfect .
Again, I see your point of view and don’t disagree.

They should stop showing so many detailed replays then we’d never know lol.

Also again, I’m only talking about plays hat are way out of line, not something that’s as much as even debatable. Can’t nitpick every play.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I would be in favor of changing the pass interference rule to be a flat 15 yarder and not allow teams to steal 40 yards in field position by throwing up a jump ball.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I would be in favor of changing the pass interference rule to be a flat 15 yarder and not allow teams to steal 40 yards in field position by throwing up a jump ball.
Blatant P.I. still needs to be a spot foul. If not, it will be abused whenever CBs get beat deep. This will cut down on big passing plays which is where the big TV ratings are.