NFL writer ranks Dak Prescott just outside Top 5 QBs

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's not how you rank them.
They will go out and produce based on what offenses they are in and what players are around them and that is how you rank them.
When Dak was saddled with Beasley as WR1 no one gave him any slack for being the 19th best QB in football.
Add Amari and he hops into top 10 in production and people still badly want to see him as mediocre.
That's just not accurate and hasn't been.

Brady struggled with accuracy and has lost athleticism and arm strength.
Dude is only a few years younger than me and mannn the body is just not the same.
Rodgers has been limited by injuries and attitude and weapons around him.
He may be the best natural QB of all-time but there's also a reason he fell in he draft.
People just generally hate the dude. His family, coaches, teammates are lukewarm at best on him.
And those are the ones still speaking to him.

If someone wants to artificially rank Rodgers and Brady high so be it, but complaining that someone took it seriously and ranked them where he expects them to fall this season isn't right.
Who's complaining? You read a lot into a one line post. I disagree that Dak is better than either of those two, but if someone else thinks differently that fine with me. Besides, I don't think they're so far ahead now that I'm going to insist. They've clearly lost a step or three, but they started miles ahead. I'd love to know that Dak is good enough to be considered better than them, and I'm sure that day will come.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Single safety, man coverage on the outside.. Pretty much all of them were first read, no progression throws...

As long as teams want to keep giving that up, I'll keep a QB who can execute in those situation.

bigE79

Reaction score
With this team,this year,for how stacked everyone says we are,if this team doesn't and ultimately Dak doesn't at least get to the championship game..I would not resign him, period...Im not the biggest Dak fan,but I will pull for him, everything seems to be lined up for a great year but if he cannot deliver us to the championship game and possibly a super bowl..he never will and I'd move on from him and save the money and give another qb a shot,who would be much cheaper and get the same results..this is truly daks make or break year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He actually can. The HC/OC is supposed to set up the correct system to use the QB's skillset to the max. That's why the system is oh so important to any QB.
No coach can make adjustments for players who lack the skill set to get the job done.
Welcome to the Dak Prescott imposter QB world!
Have faith Ksk he will once again implode against good defenses and his tag year coming up will be his final stand....you know similar to General Custer!

khiladi

Reaction score
As long as teams want to keep giving that up, I'll keep a QB who can execute in those situation.

Pretty much any QB in the NFL can. They do it because of Zeke, not the QB. There is a reason we were 17th in the red zone and 22nd on the road and most of our red zone production was in the first three games against bums. We started off at 70% scoring and ended up right back to 50% with Dak and a lot of it was in garbage time by the end of the season.

khiladi

Reaction score
That's not how you rank them.
They will go out and produce based on what offenses they are in and what players are around them and that is how you rank them.
When Dak was saddled with Beasley as WR1 no one gave him any slack for being the 19th best QB in football.
Add Amari and he hops into top 10 in production and people still badly want to see him as mediocre.
That's just not accurate and hasn't been.

Brady struggled with accuracy and has lost athleticism and arm strength.
Dude is only a few years younger than me and mannn the body is just not the same.
Rodgers has been limited by injuries and attitude and weapons around him.
He may be the best natural QB of all-time but there's also a reason he fell in he draft.
People just generally hate the dude. His family, coaches, teammates are lukewarm at best on him.
And those are the ones still speaking to him.

If someone wants to artificially rank Rodgers and Brady high so be it, but complaining that someone took it seriously and ranked them where he expects them to fall this season isn't right.

Dak was complete garbage against zone coverages, even after ‘adding Cooper’. The Colts doubled Cooper and Dallas went scoreless. Dak is garbage and the only reason they had Beasley as a number 1 is because they claimed it was Dez causing Dak to force the ball to him and all his homers were buying the “Dak friendly” spread the ball around nonsense. Even Dak was saying about offense doesn’t need a number 1.

And ‘ironically’ Dak-stans are back to blaming Cooper for not showing up on the road, as if it’s not Dak a rubbing on the road.

khiladi

Reaction score
No coach can make adjustments for players who lack the skill set to get the job done.
Welcome to the Dak Prescott imposter QB world!
Have faith Ksk he will once again implode against good defenses and his tag year coming up will be his final stand....you know similar to General Custer!

These Dak-stans are still propagating the lie that this offense wasn’t tailored to Dak. Linehan and Moore basically completely eliminated the drop back for Dak, particular 5 and 7 in a Coryell of all offenses, and are now a top 5 play action team ever since Dak stepped on the field. These people think just because they still run the ball, that means the offense didn’t change for Dak, who operates pretty much exclusively out of shotgun and if he’s dropping back from center it’s a quick 1 to 3 step.

To put it another way: Prescott has 127 passing attempts through four games this season, but only nine have come after he dropped back from under center. That means that 118 of his attempts have come off play-action or from the shotgun (93%).

Imagine being an offensive coordinator and knowing that if you want to call a pass play that isn’t a wide receiver screen or quick slant, you basically have two options: use play-action from under center or have your quarterback start in the shotgun.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...lling-snap-analysis-2019-season-dak-prescott/

Play action was pretty much unheard of with Garrett and while it increased with Romo under Linehan, those were normally meant just as big chunk plays. If wasn’t even close to wear Dak operates in it.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...tt-kellen-moore-play-calling-third-and-short/

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak was complete garbage against zone coverages, even after ‘adding Cooper’. The Colts doubled Cooper and Dallas went scoreless. Dak is garbage and the only reason they had Beasley as a number 1 is because they claimed it was Dez causing Dak to force the ball to him and all his homers were buying the “Dak friendly” spread the ball around nonsense. Even Dak was saying about offense doesn’t need a number 1.

And ‘ironically’ Dak-stans are back to blaming Cooper for not showing up on the road, as if it’s not Dak a rubbing on the road.
I am glad you know more than MM, you should send him an email and let him know Dak is garbage....oh, and to every NFL writer, analyst and coaches and executives who ranked him in the top 10. you know so much more than they do. they are so stupid.

khiladi

Reaction score
I am glad you know more than MM, you should send him an email and let him know Dak is garbage....oh, and to every NFL writer, analyst and coaches and executives who ranked him in the top 10. you know so much more than they do. they are so stupid.

enlightening post.. You know who also started Dak ahead of Romo? You know whose guy was Dak? You know which coach that didn’t allow anybody to compete for the job with respect to Dak? Jason Garrett, a guy completely clueless about offense.

You know what are the real facts? Dak completely SUCKED when Zeke was suspended, Cooper wasn’t here, and Smith goes out.. One player and Dak completely and utterly craps the bed despite all the talent he’s surrounded with.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
enlightening post.. You know who also started Dak ahead of Romo? You know whose guy was Dak? You know which coach that didn’t allow anybody to compete for the job with respect to Dak? Jason Garrett, a guy completely clueless about offense.

You know what are the real facts? Dak completely SUCKED when Zeke was suspended, Cooper wasn’t here, and Smith goes out.. One player and Dak completely and utterly craps the bed despite all the talent he’s surrounded with.
daksucks.jpg

khiladi

Reaction score

Also to point out, the Cowboys played four of the five top play-actions defenses, including the woeful Jets and Dak completely laid an egg against three of them, including the Bears. And the only reason they beat the Rams was because Dallas made it a point to finally force-feed the ball to Zeke the whole first half who, along with the OL, completely wore out the Rams DL, including the best defensive player in the NFL, A. Donaldson, who even didn’t sniff Dak.

Even when Zeke doesn’t run the ball against stacked boxes, he’s creating opportunities off play action. If a team defends that well, Dak has rarely shown any ability to play well enough. You can point to a game here and there in his career, but you can say that about any QB, including Blake Bortles.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

are you sure? romo was injured and garrett got over ruled (more like ran over) by Jones telling him to start Dak (tickets, money).

I can pull stats for other QBs with or without #1 recievers on the their team....that one will blow you away... but I will be gentle with you....I don't want to mess up your childhood

and its an oxymoron since you use garrett as an example to justify your anger and hatred, but then you blame Dak at the same time

so didn't Dak get coached by garrett? so if Dak sucks like you said, does it mean garrett was a good coach? and if garrett is a bad coach, doesn't it mean Dak did great winning 40 games with that incompetence? you can't be on both sides of the fence, else you will crush your nuts on the fence (as you just did)

( poof Khiladi mind blown)

khiladi

Reaction score
are you sure? romo was injured and garrett got over ruled (more like ran over) by Jones telling him to start Dak (tickets, money).

I can pull stats for other QBs with or without #1 recievers on the their team....that one will blow you away... but I will be gentle with you....I don't want to mess up your childhood

and its an oxymoron since you use garrett as an example to justify your anger and hatred, but then you blame Dak at the same time

so didn't Dak get coached by garrett? so if Dak sucks like you said, does it mean garrett was a good coach? and if garrett is a bad coach, doesn't it mean Dak did great winning 40 games with that incompetence? you can't be on both sides of the fence, else you will crush your nuts on the fence (as you just did)

( poof Khiladi mind blown)

Your the one that brought up MM and other people as being coach of this team, while Dak is QB, even though Dalton is getting as many reps as Dak and they brought him in, while Dak was trying to get paid as some testimony of Dak’s ‘greatness’ not I.
So which is it? There are plenty of people like Garrett that had Dak as a starting QB and plenty of analysts that say stupid things. How do you know MM isn’t starting Dak because it’s being forced on him by Jerry? I can also play that game.. mind-blown, right? Now you understand? And Garrett hasn’t been calling plays since 2014. Imagine that... It’s either Garrett, Smith, Linehan, Moore, Dez, Cooper on the road, Zeke getting “fat”.. everything but Dak..

If you also paid attention to the argument, of which even now, nothing addresses, Dak completely sucked when he lost ONE skilled player. This would imply that “Dak” wasn’t winning the games, but losing them and his talented team was compensating first how garbage.

please do pull stats from other QBs without ONE player... can’t wait for you to also pull out a stat like Dak is on the level of Dak Marino..

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Subtract the bye weeks against the Giants, Commanders, and Dolphins.

3-8 in the other games with some atrocious games from him.

This season will tell all. Beat teams that matter when it matters.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Your the one that brought up MM and other people as being coach of this team, while Dak is QB, even though Dalton is getting as many reps as Dak and they brought him in, while Dak was trying to get paid as some testimony of Dak’s ‘greatness’ not I.
So which is it? There are plenty of people like Garrett that had Dak as a starting QB and plenty of analysts that say stupid things. How do you know MM isn’t starting Dak because it’s being forced on him by Jerry? I can also play that game.. mind-blown, right? Now you understand? And Garrett hasn’t been calling plays since 2014. Imagine that... It’s either Garrett, Smith, Linehan, Moore, Dez, Cooper on the road, Zeke getting “fat”.. everything but Dak..

If you also paid attention to the argument, of which even now, nothing addresses, Dak completely sucked when he lost ONE skilled player. This would imply that “Dak” wasn’t winning the games, but losing them and his talented team was compensating first how garbage.

please do pull stats from other QBs without ONE player... can’t wait for you to also pull out a stat like Dak is on the level of Dak Marino..
whhhaaaaattttt

I know we are in the middle of covid and most homebound or work from home, but to be drunk, this drunk already is a bit worrisome

so here is what you said

you just trashed Dak. so I just said, that you know more than MM, all the NFL analysts, former players and executives... that was a compliment to you :rolleyes:

so then you go on and point to garrett. I didn't....you did......again, just in case you missed your own post. you pointed to garrett as the reason Dak played and not replaced by Romo..

so I asked you a simple question...if Dak sucks, then garrett must have been good, if Garrett sucked then Dak must have been good....to which you just got your shorts tied in a know, blew a few fuses, threw a tantrum.

and again, you are saying every analyst, executive, and current coach is stupid....because that's what you just said....

and oh, btw Dalton isn't getting the same number of reps as Dak....but hey, who cares about facts when you can just make up anything you want so that you can argue...right?

so why are you so angry, its not good for your blood pressure.....I am concerned for your health, drinking in the middle of the day and throwing tantrum is not good for anyone's health

khiladi

Reaction score
whhhaaaaattttt

I know we are in the middle of covid and most homebound or work from home, but to be drunk, this drunk already is a bit worrisome

so here is what you said

you just trashed Dak. so I just said, that you know more than MM, all the NFL analysts, former players and executives... that was a compliment to you :rolleyes:

so then you go on and point to garrett. I didn't....you did......again, just in case you missed your own post. you pointed to garrett as the reason Dak played and not replaced by Romo..

so I asked you a simple question...if Dak sucks, then garrett must have been good, if Garrett sucked then Dak must have been good....to which you just got your shorts tied in a know, blew a few fuses, threw a tantrum.

and again, you are saying every analyst, executive, and current coach is stupid....because that's what you just said....

and oh, btw Dalton isn't getting the same number of reps as Dak....but hey, who cares about facts when you can just make up anything you want so that you can argue...right?

so why are you so angry, its not good for your blood pressure.....I am concerned for your health, drinking in the middle of the day and throwing tantrum is not good for anyone's health

What I stated was Dak sucked against zone coverages, which is a facf. I never denied I wasn’t talking about Dak..

You brought up MM coaching the Cowboys as sons proof of Dak’s greatness. You don’t even know what your on about. Just like you did in your irrelevant dude tangent based upon my comments about Dak sucking against zone coverages, I pointed out that Garrett was the coach here and he didn’t know about offense. So Garrett can be an excuse for Dallas losing and Dak sucking, but Dak can’t be an excuse for Garrett sucking? Garrett’s opinion on Dak, even though he’s allegedly the reason Dak sucked, can’t be used that Dak sucks, because Garrett doesn’t know Jack about offense? You also used analysts as some alleged proof and I said analysts say plenty of stupid things. So your ‘subjective example’ doesn’t work.. Do you understand now?

I also said MM went out and guy Dalton and is giving Dalton plenty of reps. Dalton is throwing PLUS TWENTY times in training camp, the numbers pretty much right around Dak is generally at, just a little less.. Unheard of.. Those are the facts

I’m not angry. I’m just waiting for your proof that other QBs sucked on the level of Dak, when one skilled player was out? Or that a QB played on Quincy Carter levels of futility when Cooper wasn’t here in the “Dak-friendly” offense, the whole training camp being catered towards him. Your the one claiming I make up things, yet your the one not providing evidence.

How about you also stop pretending it’s not personal to you and you are not angry, but I am...

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...5-quarterbacks-dallas-cowboys-patrick-mahomes

"Prescott a score (out of 100) of 90 for “Process”, 90 for “Throws”, and 85 for “Creativity."

"The five quarterbacks ranked ahead of Prescott are as followed (from five to one): Drew Brees, Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson, and Patrick Mahomes."

Odd how the Dak fan boys will grab any vindication or dog biscuit from anyone.
A sure sign of an unconvinced fan base.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Odd how the Dak fan boys will grab any vindication or dog biscuit from anyone.
A sure sign of an unconvinced fan base.

Biscuits and gravy...dog...they both taste good. Should I hit some herb...I'm a Navajo, you know?