NFLdraftcountdown 2 Round Mock Updated

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;2624273 said:
I'm just going on what I've read. I didn't know anything about him. The reports I've seen have him not being very good in coverage. Reports can vary, and I guess I read mostly negative reports about his coverage skills. I'm sure not an expert on him. There is no way I take a SS in round 2, no way.

you should read NFLDraftScout's profile on him

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
dasander;2624014 said:
Yes! Patrick Chung displayed good coverage skills in the Senior Bowl practices. I don't know why so many of you want a free safety type. We paid Ken Hamlin big $$$ to be our free safety and by looking back at the Baltimore game, we know he takes bad angles in run support.

I like the Chung pick. The thing about this mock that sucks is that Ron Brace and Jarron Gilbert are both gone by our 3rd round pick.

Exactly.

Here is the criteria.

Is the player better in coverage than Keith Davis or Roy Williams?

Yes? Then draft him if the value is there.

Alexander

Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2624280 said:

That is without a doubt the best draft site there is.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2623853 said:
Boo on Herm and Boo on Patty Chung. I'll be disgusted if we take either one with our first pick.

I'm going to pick at you Slate. Don't take it personal. I know you like your guys, and that's all good.

Yeah, taking a blue-chip guard at 51 (a value pick and need) and putting young blood and a premium pick on the offensive line isn't a good move.

Ask Romo about that LG spot.

landryscorner

Reaction score
trying to MOck draft the Cowboys this year is a total waste of time....seeing as we have later picks, just drop it...I mean is it even worth discusing it???

Alexander

Reaction score
landryscorner;2624298 said:
trying to MOck draft the Cowboys this year is a total waste of time....seeing as we have later picks, just drop it...I mean is it even worth discusing it???

Hey, be thankful. We got Roy Williams.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Alexander;2624278 said:
Vela referred to Johnson as George Hegamin part two.

That's scary.

Vela's good, but I have to disagree. Big Herm got killed in the press during Senior Bowl week while playing RT during the week. He didn't play RT at LSU. He's a guard, and he has 33 starts at LG. He carries his weight well and can trim down some. His body was in shape during weigh ins. I saw him play on a national championship offensive line and watched his team play in many games during his career. He's a guy that stood out when you watched them. LSU pounds the rock. He is good in pass protection. He's seen the best defensive front players the nation has to offer during his career. This guy is a good football player. He's big, strong, and powerful; you will not push him around. He can get to the second level. He plays a little high at times, but that can be corrected. If you play too high, you can loose your balance.

I think that comparison is really extreme. This guy is a blue-chip prospect for a reason. Not everyone is going to like him. Finesse teams won't, obviously.
The Cowboys like guys like Herm Johnson.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2624280 said:

I read them from there. I must have skipped his. Anyways, no way I'm taking a SS in round 2 when I can get one in the late 3rd (trade up) or the 4th.

I'm going to sit at 51 and look for those two blue-chip guards.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score

Actually, the offensive line, safety, and dline help the Cowboys need can be filled with the draft picks. It would do people good to focus on the draft. Those first four picks are very good picks.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
to elaborate, NFLDraftScout.com has Chung as the only safety with a solid, 2nd-round grade,

it says:

"reads the action quickly and is seemingly always around the ball"

"good lateral quickness, acceleration and smooth change-of-direction agility while in zone coverage"

"quick enough to hang with receivers for a few seconds in the deep-half"

Big Dakota

Reaction score

There are those of us who live for the draft and consider themselves true draftniks. I've been one since i ordered my first Ourlads guide in 1987. There will be dozens of threads about the draft in the next 11-12 weeks. My suggestion is if you do't have anything constructive to add ya might want to avoid them.

Alexander

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2624317 said:
Gotta go with draftcountdown if your looking for an accutate mock

No mock is accurate.

I could care less about that. I don't pay for a mock draft. I want detailed profiles and news so I can make up my mind for myself.

Draftcountdown is not bad but Scott Wright has his little strange quirks and he tends to get caught up with hype.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
It's early but if i go S right now i go Chung. If i go LB i go Mathews. If we go NT Brace is about the only option and i'd be thrilled.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2624328 said:
to elaborate, NFLDraftScout.com has Chung as the only safety with a solid, 2nd-round grade,

it says:

"good lateral quickness, acceleration and smooth change-of-direction agility while in zone coverage"

Thanks. These safeties are rated all over the place.

Alexander

Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2624328 said:

it says:

The scouts at the Senior Bowl were impressed with his cover skills, which were better than advertised. Mayock said the same thing, he didn't expect it.

He thought in the box and saw something else.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2624342 said:
The scouts at the Senior Bowl were impressed with his cover skills, which were better than advertised. Mayock said the same thing, he didn't expect it.

He thought in the box and saw something else.

yep, they said that he looked smooth in drills

the guy was put at corner in some situations at Oregon

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Don't reach on Brace, fellows.

He's a solid 3rd rounder. Taking him at 51 is reaching.

NFLDraftScout projects him to go in the 2nd-3rd round range.

The National Football Post rates him as a solid 3rd rounder.

Scott Wright puts him in round 2.

Think about it. If your Ngata or Raiji, you rise to the top. The other solid guys, at NT, fall. Remember, Red Bryant went in the 4th last year. Gabe Watson and Allen Branch fell. There are some other good prospects at NT.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Alexander;2624337 said:
No mock is accurate.

I could care less about that. I don't pay for a mock draft. I want detailed profiles and news so I can make up my mind for myself.

Draftcountdown is not bad but Scott Wright has his little strange quirks and he tends to get caught up with hype.

The NFLN is good for that. I love the DB drills, it really shows you who has good hips.

But if you want a hint as to who the pick will be, Wright is pretty good. I believe he had Ware and Spears pegged, Felix (no big accomplishment, but still)

A fault of his might be the same one Mayock has. Trying to shake things up w/ a few rankings just to get some attention.

To be fair, Mayock did say Mcfadden was like his 4th RB. And Wright said Jamarcus Russell had big bust potential