NFLdraftcountdown 2 Round Mock Updated

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Yahoo Sports

52. Dallas Cowboys: Herman Johnson, OG, LSU
The Cowboys love massive offensive lineman, and I expect Johnson to lose about 20 pounds from his 382-pound Senior Bowl weight and compete for a starting spot in Dallas.

JBS

Reaction score
Patrick chung is the complete opposite of what we need. As the blurb mentioned he is an inside the box type of player. We need a free safety, a true ballhawk. We then canmove hamlin to strong safety.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
bbgun;2623786 said:
Yahoo Sports

52. Dallas Cowboys: Herman Johnson, OG, LSU
The Cowboys love massive offensive lineman, and I expect Johnson to lose about 20 pounds from his 382-pound Senior Bowl weight and compete for a starting spot in Dallas.

:spidey: :pray: :pray:

Please let this happen. When we go 9-7 next year, Big Herm can make some people hurt and keep players off Romo and open up some running lanes.

This is the player I picked at number 51 in my mock draft in the draft zone.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
The run on safeties at the start of the second round is pretty typical and might end up hurting us like that. If that situation does indeed play out, I would rather take Ron Brace.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
cowboysfan31;2623824 said:
The run on safeties at the start of the second round is pretty typical and might end up hurting us like that. If that situation does indeed play out, I would rather take Ron Brace.
I'd be thrilled with taking Brace. A lot more than yet another DB.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
LOL at taking a SS who has coverage issues at number 51. The WR from Oklahoma would have been the player on the list I would have taken when you get to 51 if you consider all the players from 51 and down in Wright's mock. Ron Brace is a third rounder.

Big Herm is a second rounder.

NLFDraftScout lists Big Herm as a 2nd rounder.

The National Football Post puts him in the 2nd-3rd round tier.

Scott Wright puts him out of the second round.

Big Herm is a legit draft target at # 51 if you look at some of the information that is out there and know about his play on film or on the field. The Cowboys should be in a position to nab him. Please do it. The Planet Theory meets a big need and value at number 51.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
41gy#;2623813 said:
:spidey: :pray: :pray:

Please let this happen. When we go 9-7 next year, Big Herm can make some people hurt and keep players off Romo and open up some running lanes.

This is the player I picked at number 51 in my mock draft in the draft zone.
Was that big herm or big perm?

bworm.jpg

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Boo on Herm and Boo on Patty Chung. I'll be disgusted if we take either one with our first pick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SLATEmosphere;2623853 said:
Boo on Herm and Boo on Patty Chung. I'll be disgusted if we take either one with our first pick.

Think your guy will be there or do you have someone else in mind?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo;2623861 said:
Think your guy will be there or do you have someone else in mind?

Depends on his combine. If he's 10 spots away I move up to get him. I'm assuming your talking about Mr.Smith?. I don't like Herm or Chung in the 2nd.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SLATEmosphere;2623891 said:
Depends on his combine. If he's 10 spots away I move up to get him. I'm assuming your talking about Mr.Smith?. I don't like Herm or Chung in the 2nd.

Yeah, I was talking about "Mr. Smith".

Whenever someone disagrees with a player recommendation, I always like to see who they'd prefer if they were running the show.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;2623844 said:
LOL at taking a SS who has coverage issues at number 51.

what coverage issues? NFLdraftscout's write-up of his coverage skills are all positive

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
One publication says the pick is 51 and the other says 52. Which is it?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I've seen Chung play a couple of times and I don't think he's the guy I'd want in that pick. But then I'm not really thinking to heavily about that stuff right at this moment anyway.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I like Greene over Chung. I think he can play both spots which is ideal considering we dont really know who'll be back there

dasander

Reaction score
Yes! Patrick Chung displayed good coverage skills in the Senior Bowl practices. I don't know why so many of you want a free safety type. We paid Ken Hamlin big $$$ to be our free safety and by looking back at the Baltimore game, we know he takes bad angles in run support.

I like the Chung pick. The thing about this mock that sucks is that Ron Brace and Jarron Gilbert are both gone by our 3rd round pick.

johnnyd

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2623849 said:
Was that big herm or big perm?

bworm.jpg

that's great i was thinking the same thing when i read that guy call him big herm , he shot smokey that look and he's like um i mean big worm.. :lmao2: one of the funniest movies ever ...

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2623894 said:
what coverage issues? NFLdraftscout's write-up of his coverage skills are all positive

I'm just going on what I've read. I didn't know anything about him. The reports I've seen have him not being very good in coverage. Reports can vary, and I guess I read mostly negative reports about his coverage skills. I'm sure not an expert on him. There is no way I take a SS in round 2, no way.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Vela referred to Johnson as George Hegamin part two.

That's scary.