NFLdraftcountdown 2 Round Mock Updated

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;2624289 said:
I'm going to pick at you Slate. Don't take it personal. I know you like your guys, and that's all good.

Yeah, taking a blue-chip guard at 51 (a value pick and need) and putting young blood and a premium pick on the offensive line isn't a good move.

Ask Romo about that LG spot.

Kosier went down and had a garbage LG replacing him. We went 4-0 with Kosier in there,Our best balanced pass/run games were against the Browns,Eagles,Packers and Commanders(2nd time)..coincidentally Kosier played in all of those games. Our O-line need all of their "brothers" to be in sync, and when one goes down it can be disasterous. Plus Montrae is a very servicable backup

I wouldnt say Herm is a "blue chip" guard. You could say that about Duke Robinson, but I have my doubts about Herm.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
41gy#;2624350 said:
Don't reach on Brace, fellows.

He's a solid 3rd rounder. Taking him at 51 is reaching.

NFLDraftScout projects him to go in the 2nd-3rd round range.

The National Football Post rates him as a solid 3rd rounder.

Scott Wright puts him in round 2.

Think about it. If your Ngata or Raiji, you rise to the top. The other solid guys, at NT, fall. Remember, Red Bryant went in the 4th last year. Gabe Watson and Allen Brach fell. There are some other good prospects at NT.

The Packers and Broncos will both be switching to 3-4 defenses this year and will be looking for NTs. SF and SD will also be looking for NTs. Not sure about the Steelers but they might be looking for one too. If the Dolphins aren't happy with Soliai they could be looking for one as well. Brace isn't your typical fat, lazy slob. He is big, but he's got a good head, good work ethic, and a good motor. With the demand for NTs and one of this draft's strengths being DL, I think you'll see an early run.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2624505 said:
Kosier went down and had a garbage LG replacing him. We went 4-0 with Kosier in there,Our best balanced pass/run games were against the Browns,Eagles,Packers and Commanders(2nd time)..coincidentally Kosier played in all of those games. Our O-line need all of their "brothers" to be in sync, and when one goes down it can be disasterous. Plus Montrae is a very servicable backup

I wouldnt say Herm is a "blue chip" guard. You could say that about Duke Robinson, but I have my doubts about Herm.

Again, Kyle Kosier is going to walk after this season, imo. LG killed Dallas and Romo took a beating in 2008. Kosier has one more year on his contract. Drafting "The House" solidifies the interior of the offensive line and could solidify LG for 10 years Drafting an undersized center and putting him at guard in the NFC East is risky business. Plus, Andre Gurode is your best offensive linemen and one of the very best in the NFL. Plus, he's in his prime.

Herman "The House" Johnson is a dominant run blocker. Let me repeat that, a dominant run blocker. His pass protection and balance improved over the course of his career. He got better every year. He is a blue-chipper. Down here, we don't have doubts about him, at least I don't. He's spent the last 2 years pan-caking SEC front players. This is a big guy who can move and has power and strength and could play right away if you needed him to do it. He helped pave the way for LSU's bruising running game in 2007, a national title year.

It's cool if you don't think he's a blue-chip player. That is your right, and I disagree, respectfully.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
cowboysfan31;2624507 said:
The Packers and Broncos will both be switching to 3-4 defenses this year and will be looking for NTs. SF and SD will also be looking for NTs. Not sure about the Steelers but they might be looking for one too. If the Dolphins aren't happy with Soliai they could be looking for one as well. Brace isn't your typical fat, lazy slob. He is big, but he's got a good head, good work ethic, and a good motor. With the demand for NTs and one of this draft's strengths being DL, I think you'll see an early run.

Yeah. Brace is a good looking player. If a team really likes Brace, they may take him in late round 2 for sure. I still think 51 is too high.

Here are the 5 top NTs according to the Natiional Football Post:

1. B.J. Raiji
2. Ron Brace
3. Terrance Taylor Michigan 6-1 314
4. Sammie Lee Hill Stillman 6-4 331
5. Terrance Knighton Temple 6-3 324

Stillman is the guy Cowboyjoe likes.

Taylor is a hustler and can run. I saw him play a little bit in the shrine game.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
cowboysfan31;2624487 said:
It also has Max Unger being taken 3 spots after our pick...if he's available I'd definitely take him. He can probably play any position on the OL pretty well right away.

The National Football Post ranks Unger as the # 3 zone blocking center, a second rounder.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
FFToolbox Writer Mock Draft Predictions

Michael Hamlin, S, Clemson

Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State

Emanuel Cook, S, South Carolina

D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt

Asher Allen, CB, Georgia

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
dasander;2624014 said:
Yes! Patrick Chung displayed good coverage skills in the Senior Bowl practices. I don't know why so many of you want a free safety type. We paid Ken Hamlin big $$$ to be our free safety and by looking back at the Baltimore game, we know he takes bad angles in run support.

I like the Chung pick. The thing about this mock that sucks is that Ron Brace and Jarron Gilbert are both gone by our 3rd round pick.

Anyone who thinks Hamlin is a SS, needs to go back and watch the Baltimore game. Hamlin is a solid FS, he'll blow an assignment here or there but is overall solid in coverege, but he takes bad angles on tackles and isn't very good tackling in the open field.

Orginally I wanted Michael Hamlin, who is very similar, but after the baltimore game, I started to lean towards chung more and more, whose far more comfortable in the box. Right now my wish list is Chung or Brace in round 2, Hamlin in round 3, if Chung was gone.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
cowboysfan31;2624507 said:

The Packers have Ryan Pickett (6'2 330) and Colin Cole (6'1 330) so I doubt the use a first day pick on a NT, they need DE's. San Fran is a possibility, but if they pass on Raji, they have so many other needs and the early 2nd is way to early for Brace. The biggest threats to take him are Miami and Pittsburgh