NFLN Draft Grades after 2 days

conner01

Reaction score
Chaisson has bust written all over him. So glad we didn't go with him.
I liked chaisson and think he will be a good player
I don’t see busy at all
That said you get the best talent you can that also fills a need
Lamb was just too good to pass up and fills a need

conner01

Reaction score
There are quite a few Sirius sports talk shows, and they end up taking some evaluations to the extremes, but in final analysis...some players get pushed up by a group favorite environment. They are a necessary evil to stay current in the present, although.
No position gets over drafted than QB
It’s just a need thing I guess
Too me burrow was the only top of first rnd talent
The next 2 were late first talents
Love a late second and hurts a third
But the need at QB is so big they get over drafted

conner01

Reaction score
So the Eagles look smart in using a 2nd round pick on a QB because the guy they just gave over 100MM to gets hurt all the time?

LOL. Makes sense.
Timing was the big thing to me
If wentz was a year from being signed or near the end of a deal I could see it

speedkilz88

Reaction score
2 of 4 seasons actually. Doesn’t matter, you don’t waste a 2 on a back-up or package player when you have holes and players available to fill those holes.

Mims, Epeneza, Chinn, Fulton, Davis were available to fill an actual need.

Get a veteran back-up in FA and take a flier on a project QB later or use Greg Ward as a sub package QB if that’s what they are trying to do.

It’s more about the poor value than the player.
I liked him as a backup if taken in the 4th similar to Dak. A third would even be tolerable for a team with a bigger qb need.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like our draft so far.

All 3 players effect the passing game.. Gallimore shows a lot of ability as a pass rusher.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not thrilled about night 1?

I'm glad we didn't reach for need. I'm happy we selected the best talent available accourding to our board. Not happy that it was a WR, but I don't hate it if that makes sense.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Jerry deserves a lot of credit to this point, this has been the best dr a ft we've had in a while.
McCarthy.

Different grocery shopper.

Lady Luck for a change is riding in the kiddy chair in the basket for a change.

CD Lamb. Kmart Blue Light Special

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'm glad we didn't reach for need. I'm happy we selected the best talent available accourding to our board. Not happy that it was a WR, but I don't hate it if that makes sense.
Can't be mad at the pick. It made too much sense. Taking a top 10 talent over a 20-25 talent in chaisson is a no brainer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It does.

Chaisson was my guy and he was still there, but I can't be mad that they got Lamb there.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can't be mad at the pick. It made too much sense. Taking a top 10 talent over a 20-25 talent in chaisson is a no brainer.

I agree. Not mad, but i really would had preferred a similar skilled defensive player but that is not what fell so we did the right thing.

Flamma

Reaction score
Chaisson has bust written all over him. So glad we didn't go with him.

Yeah him or McKinney. At best I'd be ok with it. What was left on defense didn't justify passing up Lamb. Playing a position I think we were going to draft in the 3rd. How much better would our draft looked if instead of WR, D, D, like we did, we went D, D, WR? I think the latter might have been worse overall with little to no upgrade on the defense over what we did.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most draft grades are A-C. its bs. Ill tell it straight, Giants first pick F-, Eagles F.
Giants definitely drafted for knead. Yeah I think they got screwed. But only times going to tell obviously

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I agree. Not mad, but i really would had preferred a similar skilled defensive player but that is not what fell so we did the right thing.
Yup there was no secondary or d line player that was worth that pick with lamb being there. If henderson was there or kinlaw, brown were there it would have been a different story

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeah him or McKinney. At best I'd be ok with it. What was left on defense didn't justify passing up Lamb. Playing a position I think we were going to draft in the 3rd. How much better would our draft looked if instead of WR, D, D, like we did, we went D, D, WR? I think the latter might have been worse overall with little to no upgrade on the defense over what we did.
Yup the way the draft fell they did the absolute right thing.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Giants definitely drafted for knead. Yeah I think they got screwed. But only times going to tell obviously
can't say they didn't get the guy they wanted though cause they did have the choice from all of them.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
can't say they didn't get the guy they wanted though cause they did have the choice from all of them.
Getting the guy you want. It’s not necessarily a great thing. Yes they need line help desperately. But they need help everywhere else also.

Cowboys0988

Reaction score
NFL network grades suck. They try not to bash anyone unless they do something really dumb
Im trying to be objective... but this Eagles draft through the first 2 days, has got to be the worst draft haul ever. I can't even believe they made these picks. "The QB Factory"!

The Cowboys, 49ers and The Ravens are Crushing this draft........ LT Trent Williams to the 49ers for a 5th this year and a 3rd pick next year.

mmohican29

Reaction score
NFL network grades suck. They try not to bash anyone unless they do something really dumb

Like Drafting a project QB in rd. 2 in the second year of a $130 M investment in your current QB you already sacrificed significant draft capital to land?