Twitter: NFLPA files Greg Hardy appeal; asks for neutral arbitrator

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@ProFootballTalk: Greg Hardy appeal asks NFL to appoint a neutral arbitrator http://t.co/eNdvCB3lpH

Per a league source, the appeal officially was filed Friday night. It’s believed that the appeal will focus on the application of the new Personal Conduct Policy standards and processes retroactively to conduct that occurred before the NFL dramatically altered its approach to domestic violence cases.

According to the source, the appeal also asks the NFL to designate a neutral arbitrator. The league agreed to use a neutral arbitrator in the appeal of Ray Rice’s indefinite suspension in 2014, but the league declined to appoint a neutral arbitrator in the appeal of Adrian Peterson’s suspension.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go get 'em,
Thing is the NFL will still get what it wants, even if reduced to 4 games, 6 they still win. It's like negotiating. Start out high them settle for less. I believe that was their plan from the start.
Mara & Kraft will some how get their 6 games, as to having Hardy miss the games against them.
Not surprising the games are scheduled this way.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thing is the NFL will still get what it wants, even if reduced to 4 games, 6 they still win. It's like negotiating. Start out high them settle for less. I believe that was their plan from the start.
There is no question the league gave Hardy a 10 game suspension knowing full well it will get reduced. But by going the route they did now instead of looking soft on domestic violence it's someone else who is lowering the number of games he gets suspended.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Atleast we arent the only ones that see the bias a holes in mara and kraft...i feel better about that

Phoenix

Reaction score
I don't even know how they can get a single game.

You know domestic violence wasn't even used 1 time in the police report?

It's the "this is for getting your name in the news in any negative light whatsoever, and, oh, because you're a Dallas Cowboy now" suspension.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I hope the NFL gets blasted here. They took one general incident, said he did 4 seperate violations, and gave him the max punishment for each. They have never done that before and it's a blatent attempt to circumvent Judge Doty's ruling. That's like two guys get into a fight and each guy getting a seperate assault charge for each punch thrown and sentenced the max years for each punch. Does it ever work like that? Under the old policy, he shouldn't even be suspended because the charges were dropped and this is his first offense. They also purposely left out the term Domestic Violence to try and get around the old policy. I hope they don't get away with it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no question the league gave Hardy a 10 game suspension knowing full well it will get reduced. But by going the route they did now instead of looking soft on domestic violence it's someone else who is lowering the number of games he gets suspended.

Exactly. It's a dog and pony show.

More evidence of the league's reaction to Goodell's massive blunder in handling the Ray Rice case.

They make it look like they 'care' about the issue and leave it up to the players' union and the courts to look like the 'bad guys' in preventing the league from 'getting tough'.

Sydla

Reaction score

The question here is will Doty get pissed that the NFL did just that - throw a ridiculous 10 game punishment out there knowing it will get reduced but they still win a PR battle?

At first I figured Doty would compromise and go 6, maybe 4 games. But if Doty believes the NFL threw 10 games out there knowing it would land on Doty's lap and get reduced but they didn't care because they wanted the positive PR, I could see him saying 2 games.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

More evidence of the league's reaction to Goodell's massive blunder in handling the Ray Rice case.

They make it look like they 'care' about the issue and leave it up to the players' union and the courts to look like the 'bad guys' in preventing the league from 'getting tough'.

I honestly hope that it goes to Doty and he verbally blasts Goodell for this. Public humiliation style. Overcompensating for previous stupidity should not be a good reason to put everyone through this process. My personal feelings aside, they had rules in place and they are trying to push the blame to the NFLPA so they can try to wash their hands of it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I honestly hope that it goes to Doty and he verbally blasts Goodell for this. Public humiliation style. Overcompensating for previous stupidity should not be a good reason to put everyone through this process. My personal feelings aside, they had rules in place and they are trying to push the blame to the NFLPA so they can try to wash their hands of it.

You're absolutely right. And they're abusing the nation's legal system in the process too and wasting plenty of time and money. Just because they think they can. And if enough people in power take a serious look at what the NFL is doing, the league may ultimately be very sorry that they tried to play around like they were above the law.

dallasdave

Reaction score
You're absolutely right. And they're abusing the nation's legal system in the process too and wasting plenty of time and money. Just because they think they can. And if enough people in power take a serious look at what the NFL is doing, the league may ultimately be very sorry that they tried to play around like they were above the law.

I hope they see what the league is doing call them out and I hope Goodell and his cronies get fired.

Thatkidbob

Reaction score
The question here is will Doty get pissed that the NFL did just that - throw a ridiculous 10 game punishment out there knowing it will get reduced but they still win a PR battle?

At first I figured Doty would compromise and go 6, maybe 4 games. But if Doty believes the NFL threw 10 games out there knowing it would land on Doty's lap and get reduced but they didn't care because they wanted the positive PR, I could see him saying 2 games.

My thoughts exactly.

He could even go so far as to say that, under the old policy, no conviction = no suspension.

khiladi

Reaction score

You can't call that a blunder. Goodell saw the tape and handed down a four-game suspension after watching him deck his fiance. Nothing prevented him from going a year or further, because of it. It pretty much cements him as an utter hypocrite and the league as well. It also makes them look like they got an agenda against the Cowboys, while AP is reinstated when actual images were released to the public of the child's lashings.

dogberry

Reaction score
The NFL runs the clock and arbitration and Doty are finished next December.

remdak

Reaction score
You can't call that a blunder. Goodell saw the tape and handed down a four-game suspension after watching him deck his fiance. Nothing prevented him from going a year or further, because of it. It pretty much cements him as an utter hypocrite and the league as well. It also makes them look like they got an agenda against the Cowboys, while AP is reinstated when actual images were released to the public of the child's lashings.

Actually, the Ray Rice suspension was originally only 2 games, which makes Goodell look even worse.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Go get 'em,
Mara & Kraft will some how get their 6 games, as to having Hardy miss the games against them.
Not surprising the games are scheduled this way.

It was pretty obvious that this was all done to clean up Roger the Rube's mess with the Ray Rice situation.

This way they could say 'Hey, WE had him suspended for 10 games, but the PLAYER'S UNION were the ones that got it dropped to 4 games.'

I believe he should be suspended for a season, but the politicking and PR game that the league has to play for this clown of a commissioner still bothers me.

YR