Twitter: NFLPA votes to send proposed CBA to full membership

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Oh no doubt. Some major airlines are now farming out up to 80 % of their maintenance to non union repair station..........does anybody think the rank and file union members voted that crap in?

and they wonder why Union membership is deteriorating to stagnant each year. The top Union official are corrupt as politicians, who by the way they have no problem diverting union dues to.

1000% ........heard this

_sturt_

Reaction score
For what it matters, nothing much, my impression is that Stephen believes that ratification will be a huge step toward finishing off the deal with Dak. Reading between the lines, essentially, it seems talks came to a halt because it seemed a bad idea for both sides, given how its approval or not would impact the overall landscape. I won't be surprised if, once approved, it is announced within a day or two that Dak has signed.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Looks like Cowboys might only have one franchise tag.....if we don’t get Dak deal done Amari will hit free agency.

looks like its along way off if it needs 2k players votes..just because its into the voting stage doesnt mean its a given to pass..

remember all the Daks contract last year was close..lmao..right imminent

still waiting a year later....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
looks like its along way off if it needs 2k players votes..just because its into the voting stage doesnt mean its a given to pass..

remember all the Daks contract last year was close..lmao..right imminent

still waiting a year later....
It just needs a majority.

pansophy

Reaction score
So for the right amount of money, NFL players will expose themselves to extra games, injuries, and head trauma?

If NFL Players pass this CBA, you can forget about me caring about a football player's health after football. They don't care, I don't care. After decrease in 2018, concussions increased in 2019. In January 2019 the NFL dropped its appeal of Dementia claims and now ask the players to play more games. The NFL players agree to play more games for the next 10 years....UNREAL!

The love of money is the root of all evil.
NFL only EVER cared about not getting sued, so all the rule changes were and are about eliminating negligence lawsuits. Possibly they care about the PR of former players who are wrecked mentally like Bill Bates and they want to appear that they are doing what's right there. As technology gets better we will probably be better able to determine individual risk of long term issues from repeated head trauma, but all the studies out there right now are crap.

Players are gladiators and frankly the frontal lobe isn't even fully developed until one is 25. You don't see many guys with the perspective to say it isn't worth it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard this morning that the players will vote on the CBA in 2 weeks. How will this affect the use and number of tags?

They most Kelt will use the rules in play under the current CBA, and whatever is in the new CBA will take effect in 2021. At least for the tags. Just a guess, but it is about the only thing they can do.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'm not a union guy so my viewpoint is probably tainted but I truly believe that Union membership is declining so bad because the union leaders in power care more about $$ than its own members. Very evident in the NFL.
really? so what is bad about this deal? I dont even want to hear about the extra game being so dangerous. Teams that go to the playoffs play that 17th game every year. Canadian league, dont they play 18 games? I dont see how this is a bad deal for the players.... if you think it is and union leadership has sold players out, tell me how?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The owners are absolutely brilliant. The majority of the players are only going to be in the league for only 3 1/2 years. They offer them a $90,000 a year raise. Who is going to turn that down.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

and? Sorry, I dont think a player that plays for 6 years should be entitles to lifetime anything. Healthcare is a major issue for the entire country. These players make way more than the avg joe, they should set money aside for their healthcare costs IMO.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I was a union member for quite some time and it been a double edged sword. its been beneficial from a safety standpoint in regards to work areas and situations but detrimental in that everyone gets the same pay regardless of performance. It also makes firing an employee virtually impossible unless the offense is horrific. It also takes union dues and puts them in the coffers of politicians that I am diametrically opposed to. Additionally when you see an NFL player rep that is leaning toward supporting something that doesn't benefit the players, its because a Quid Pro Quo has been established........always follow the money
I was also in a union when I worked at UPS, and because of that union we had the best health care of any job I have ever had. Those union dues are paying for a **** load of stuff that benefits you, including those raises.

UPS drivers are making over 100k a year.... to deliver freaking packages. You think that pay would be that high if there was no union in UPS??????

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So for the right amount of money, NFL players will expose themselves to extra games, injuries, and head trauma?

If NFL Players pass this CBA, you can forget about me caring about a football player's health after football. They don't care, I don't care. After decrease in 2018, concussions increased in 2019. In January 2019 the NFL dropped its appeal of Dementia claims and now ask the players to play more games. The NFL players agree to play more games for the next 10 years....UNREAL!

The love of money is the root of all evil.

and Nascar drivers risk DEATH every weekend. Boxers get killed every year. I ride a Honda CBR 1000rr sportbike and I know my chances of dying on a motorcycle vs a car are significantly higher, yet I still do it. Listen to former players on tv and they all say they would still play football today knowing the risks. Yeah, football is dangerous, and they all know it, but they still love the game, and they LOVE that paycheck. Stop blaming owners for a sport that is inherently dangerous.

I guess we should just ban boxing.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That is true. Older players of the past decades cared and even filed law suites against the NFLPA because of money denied them for healthcare.
older players would do the exact same thing. They sued because they knew they were gonna win because they were lied to about studies the NFL had done. The league new the risks far more than the players and hid it from them. Players know today, so they arent going to win any lawsuit about health issues .

Like me going skiing, breaking my leg and then suing the resort....... not gonna happen. You can sue for anything, doesnt mean you will win.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be shocking to me to see this CBA approved by the players at this early juncture.
the Owners will get whatever they want one way or another, the players have no shot.
Sounds like they are trying to take the 'collective' out of the collective bargaining agreement
I would be shocked if it doesn't get approved. Players have no shot? The players got practically everything they wanted. This isn't a early juncture at all. This negotiation has been ongoing for many months now.

I guess some haven't been following new about this closely.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I would be shocked if it doesn't get approved. Players have no shot? The players got practically everything they wanted. This isn't a early juncture at all. This negotiation has been ongoing for many months now.

I guess some haven't been following new about this closely.
The player health insurance is still only good for 5 years after a player retires. That needs to be extended.