Twitter: NFLPA votes to send proposed CBA to full membership

_sturt_

Reaction score
Yes, that's correct, and that's probably what they want to do.

Dak wants a short deal so he can do this again in 3 years. Dallas wants a longer deal with outs.

I hope they tag him, let Cooper walk, draft CeeDee Lamb (who's better than Cooper), and sign Byron.

Interesting thought.

I wouldn't rule it out, but I'm not sure why it would be advantageous to the team to punt to next off-season by tagging him in this one. To me, the deal is almost certainly going to be more team-friendly (ie, than it otherwise would be) before Mahomes makes his deal than after... and waiting makes that proposition more unlikely.

I've said in another post, my hunch is that both sides feel they're close enough that, once the CBA gets done, the deal will get done almost immediately after.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
you RETIRED from the military.. I do not get healthcare through the VA.
Any Vet with an honorable discharge can get VA care. My care as a retired veteran is through Tricare not the VA. In your case it will be with the VA. Unless you received an other than honorable discharge although I believe those with a general discharge may qualify.

pansophy

Reaction score
And that shouldn't be up to you or anyone who pretends they care.

These guys can make their own decisions, and the league is enforcing things to help prevent these injuries. They'll always be unavoidable until they figure out how to cushion the brain inside the skull. There is no helmet or rule that can possibly do that.

Far more players leave the NFL with their mental capacity intact than those who don't. And LOTS of people get dementia in this world who never played a down of football in their lives.

Roger Staubach had multiple concussions, then he built a billion-dollar real estate development firm. He's still sharp as a tack. A lot of this is just DNA, not to mention diet related. And don't forget the abuse of steroids and other performance enhancing drugs, not to mention heavy use of narcotics for both recreation and pain relief.

There are tons of concussions in soccer, boxing, UFC, car racing, etc. Are we going to wrap ourselves in bubble wrap and play video games all day?

The main problem with these "studies" is that they are so agenda-laden, we'll never get an honest data collection.
The problem with most of these studies is actually what you are eluding to above, we know who ends up having problems but it never really gets compared to the normal rate of dementia. It's likely that those who are genetically vulnerable to dementia have the process accelerated by playing football. So at some point players may be able to get individual genetic risk profiles. But even now there are really promising studies using ultrasound that helps the clear the plaque buildup that leads to memory loss and degeneration, even showing memory recovery. So potentially very viable treatments coming for people and players who experience dementia.

....and totally agree the players should decide. I think the rub is that when they decide to play and then when they are 50 and come back and sue. The decisions that 20 year olds make versus 50 years olds is usually pretty different.

...and you'll never be able to cushion the brain inside the skull. It is actually is cushioned in the sense that it is floating in spinal fluid -- the problem is when there are high impacts it rattles around in there and there is only so much the fluid can do to protect it.