NFL's most valuable running back: Ezekiel Elliott? Le'Veon Bell?

Verdict

Reaction score
I think Barkley will be a bust vs many fans expectations

It's sure as hell going to be hard for him to live up to the hype train that has been created for him. He would have to run for 4000 yards this year to match the hype.

I look for him to get hurt behind the Giants line. One player doesn't make a team.

Hardline

Reaction score
mmqb-zekellio.jpg

DiResta

Reaction score
if i were starting a team and had to pick it would easily be Zeke
having said that Bell has one of the most unique and dynamic running styles maybe ever
its fun to watch
he has incredible vision and feel for when to be patient or press
if he had another 'gear' he would be scary

CPanther95

Reaction score
Bell and Gurley are more versatile.

If Zeke can have more impact in the passing game, he'd be up there also.

aria

Reaction score
How did Barkley played tonight...... That's right he can't because he is hurt. Can't even rush 50 yards in preseason without being hurt but yet some think he is better than Zeke.

I can't wait to week 2 when Lee and Jaylon smash this over rated running back....... That is of course if he isn't hurt and can be available for the game.

Wentz and Barkley, the overrated injury team on this board
Lol, you’re mocking other players for being hurt and use Lee and Jaylon as your examples of who will smash them. Good one dude.

And being hurt has nothing to do with who is better. If that’s the case, Eli is superior to Romo. What a dumb post overall.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Barkley is not better than Zeke please. Just look at his stats from last year and see who he gain his 100 yards against in college.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Depending on who you ask,
Bell,
Gurley,
Zeke
D Johnson
are each considered the best RB.

Cant really discuss Barkley yet until has played an NFL season or two.

But the OP didnt ask who was best, he asked who was most valuable.
Two very different questions.

Because Pittsburgh can score in bunches with or without Bell, because their passing is so much better than ours, I think Zeke is more valuable.

There's still DJ and Gurley to discuss though.

Last edited:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
They used him against the stealers his rookie year a lot and look what happened, the same thing Gurley did to us last year on a pass play.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
And look who his quarterback was. Or wasn't.

Then look at Zeke senior year in college and who he gain his 100 yards against. Penn State QB was not bad, he was no Mayfield but he was not the bottom of the barrel either.

Hardline

Reaction score
Based on what? Hope? Zeke has never been used ever as a receiver the way Bell is.
Based on the fact he did it at Ohio State and has the talent to do it in the NFL. We've already seen him take two screens all thew way to the house. Right now he isn't used properly in the passing game like they should.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Truth is no1 is ever gonna know until these guys step on the field. How many "can't miss" prospects have come out and not succeeded.

In Zeke's case yes he has all the measurables. However he has something that is imperative at his position and that is vision. His vision is what separates him in my opinion. The ability to find the hole quickly and then use his natural ability is what makes him great. I do think barkley becomes a great running back, plus he def seems like a high character type guy.

That being said regardless of what barkley does i'm just hoping Darnould becomes a star across town for the Jets. I hope it haunts the giants the next 15 years for passing on him.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Honestly, it’s irrelevant who’s “better.” The more important issue is, would any other running back be more productive in the Cowboys’ scheme than Elliot?

Probably not. Some backs might reach Elliot’s level of productivity, but they wouldn’t surpass it.