NFL's most valuable running back: Ezekiel Elliott? Le'Veon Bell?

Hardline

Reaction score
Averaged like 2 receptions a game. Just about what he's averaged in Dallas. Just about the same amount if yards per completion also.

How you compare this meager production....which he's matched here in Dallas....to what Bell does is a joke.
What is a joke is your inability to comprehend the point I was making that Zeke's stats would be similar to Bell's if Zeke had as many passing opportunities.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
What is a joke is your inability to comprehend the point I was making that Zeke's stats would be similar to Bell's if Zeke had as many passing opportunities.
Chicken vs. Egg. Why do so few RBs get the receiving options that guys like Bell and Kamara do?

Your statement is akin to saying....If only people made as many 3s as Steph Curry then they'd be considered as good of shooters also.

Hardline

Reaction score
Chicken vs. Egg. Why do so few RBs get the receiving options that guys like Bell and Kamara do?

Your statement is akin to saying....If only people made as many 3s as Steph Curry then they'd be considered as good of shooters also.
Chicken vs. Egg
Zeke has the talent to match Kamara and Bell production.
Zeke doesn't get the opportunity because they don't throw him the ball as much. That's not an indication that Zeke can't put up elite stats.
We already seen what he's capable of hen given the opportunity. See the Steelers and 49ers game last year.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Chicken vs. Egg
Zeke has the talent to match Kamara and Bell production.
Why has his coaches at Ohio State and in Dallas not use him as much? His long td run against Pittsburgh was a simple screen. That's been about how he's been used his entire prep and pro career.

What you're assuming he can do....is something he has never done...or been asked to do. What does that say to you?

aria

Reaction score
As Casserly points out, Zeke has far less help than any of these guys but still produces better on the ground than they do. Zeke may get more carries but he's also targeted less in the passing game. Zeke runs behind a great OL but more than any of these other RBs he's also the focus of every defense he faces.

I'm more optimistic about the Dallas air attack than most people. I think the switch to an emphasis on precision and detail will be a good thing and we're going to see Dak and Zeke both have banner years.
That’s fair, and like I’ve said, there are too many variables IMO to definitively say one of these guys is better than the other and using total yards is one of the worst stats to use IMO. As you said, there is blocking, catching, ability to cut, downhill head on running, etc.

The one thing that I’m quite sure of is all of their total yards would be very close if they had the same amount of carries and played behind similar offensive lines with similar offensive weapons. All this ticky tacky “Zeke is much better” or “Bell is the best” is just blowing hot air at this point.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
What’s it matter? Dallas keeps their backs on a pitch count anyways. Zeke will be tearing it up,then here comes the 2nd qrt relief pitcher to pick up some nice stats while they squander what should be a good lead before the half. It’s just how they roll here. The franchise motto? “Never waste a good opportunity to turn a easy win into a inconceivable late game loss.”