Ngata to Eagles

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Signing Ngata is hardly running circles around anyone. If Stephen made this same move you guys would complain he's signing old trash.
Who gives a squat about Ngata? I'm talking the Eagles as a whole. They were supposed to be in cap hell and they have signed important piece after important piece. Meanwhile...

GenoT

Reaction score
The Eagles didn’t score some major coup with this signing; they simply made a basic move for a defending SB champ.

They aren’t bringing in Ngata to anchor their D-line. He’s a seasoned vet, who won’t command big-$$ and who can step into the rotation from time to time if/when someone else gets dinged up and has to miss some playing time.

Meanwhile, unless Brian Price becomes The Answer, we’re still in need of the guy Ngata was @5-6yrs ago, when he was in his prime.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who gives a squat about Ngata? I'm talking the Eagles as a whole. They were supposed to be in cap hell and they have signed important piece after important piece. Meanwhile...

Because Ngata is not signing a big contract. He's signing a vet. minimum contract. That's not going to effect your cap much.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Yep, he is a piece of their rotation, we need starters. Its a good depth piece, nothing more. Good get by them. Sucks to be us.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He's a DT who considered retirement and really isn't doing much of anything to notice. They are letting a better player walk, a DT who played a ton of snaps as their run stopper. This is just a stop gap move, much like the ones we make. It's another 1 year deal, but not all one year deals will work out like they did last year. I could see this turning out the way Pea turned out for us.

Don't get so excited by the name; their cap situation is why they aren't bringing back some talented guys who are younger.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Please. There's no reason to believe he can't fill a role on that team. If he was coming here your tune would change.

If Ngata was coming to Dallas, I'd still think they need a starting 1-tech DT. You are projecting...

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That was actually a good signing.
The Price was right for sure

He was a good player but got passed over because he shoved a ref in college
GB was paying him 450k on the practice squad like we did with Rico
He ran a 5.17 at 320 lbs..... he can move

I think he will provide some valuable snaps at UT

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
the eagles are showing the value of a good gm as opposed to the cowboys approach to a gm. it is possible that too many bad moves in the past have left jerry gun shy.

Sydla

Reaction score
the eagles are showing the value of a good gm as opposed to the cowboys approach to a gm. it is possible that too many bad moves in the past have left jerry gun shy.

They draft a plan and they execute it. They don't dick around and let the market settle and see what's left or wait out teams to call them to make trades.

They are aggressive. They pick up the phones and pester teams for deals. They target FAs and move as quickly as they can. They are the polar opposite of our FO which is largely reactionary.

cern

Reaction score
LOL at Bennett being "washed up".

You guys will literally make up whatever you want to make yourself feel better I guess.

Bennett would be our 2nd best DE, right now.
Bennett's still a force to be reckoned with.

Reactions: C42

jimmy40

Reaction score
Jones family probably is conceding the division to the Eagles for the next 2-3 years then cap issues will hurt them and we can pounce!!!!
Perfect timing for grandson Jones to take over QB.