Nice to know you, Skylar Green

DBoys

Reaction score
Cogan said:
Wow, can I have some of the drugs you're on?! Better than Crayton--at what?? Last year against the Iggles, I watched Crayton burn them time after time with big runs. He ended up with over 100 yds. in returns with over a 12 yd. ave. Green looked slow, & out of control. We already had several who were better when we drafted him. Big mistake. Cut him.

Returning kicks and punts. Exaggerating a little? Crayton had 2 good runs and correct me if I am wrong they were not over 20 yards. He concerns me with the fumbles.

Out of control come on man that's called juking :)

Good thing you are not in control of personel

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Cogan said:
He hasn't shown me any of the ... shiftiness some of you are talking about.

Are you serious with this?? He had two returns last night where he made multiple tacklers miss.

The Realist

Reaction score
Cogan said:
Wow, can I have some of the drugs you're on?! Better than Crayton--at what?? Last year against the Iggles, I watched Crayton burn them time after time with big runs. He ended up with over 100 yds. in returns with over a 12 yd. ave. Green looked slow, & out of control. We already had several who were better when we drafted him. Big mistake. Cut him.

Congrats on finding the one game when Crayton did a good job returning punts.

That must be why he isn't returning punts at all in camp and we addressed the issue in the 4th round with Green.

DBoys

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Are you serious with this?? He had two returns last night where he made multiple tacklers miss.

Skyler has some really good moves.

DBoys

Reaction score
The Realist said:
Congrats on finding the one game when Crayton did a good job returning punts.

That must be why he isn't returning punts at all in camp and we addressed the issue in the 4th round with Green.

:lmao2:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Bach said:
Green looked average at best.

If you're going to use a 4th round pick on a returner, you'd hope he'd be better than just average.

Wow. Did you read my post that presents data putting him well above the AVERAGE for punt and KO returns this pre-season? Limited data sure, but the #s say he above average.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Green makes it. I think he is having some trouble adapting to the speed of the game in the NFL, which is to be expected after only 2 games at this level. Over all, I think he has done a decent job.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
goshan said:
He will be cut. Book It.

Yeah. You wouldn't want to keep a guy who is in the top 10 in both PR and KR following his first two NFL games ever.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Skylar Green looked very solid to me...like some, I was frustrated with no return room, but that's not his fault...he handled every catch flawlessly, and he showed some brilliant elusiveness on the one punt where he had some room, making at least 3 guys miss...that's enough for me. He stays, Copper goes...someone else will have to move to the punt team...Watkins could easily fill that void.

Gaede

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I know there were several posters that wanted to cut Marion Barber after the Seattle pre-season game last year. He went on to prove he was better than his performance in that game.

This is pretty much the exact same scenario. A few of us defended Barber because, ultimately, there was a good reason he was drafted in the fourth. Green is very shifty and typically made the first guy miss. I expect him to make the team and contribute during the regular season.

DBoys

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Skylar Green looked very solid to me...like some, I was frustrated with no return room, but that's not his fault...he handled every catch flawlessly, and he showed some brilliant elusiveness on the one punt where he had some room, making at least 3 guys miss...that's enough for me. He stays, Copper goes...someone else will have to move to the punt team...Watkins could easily fill that void.

Agreed I think Copper is stopping progress

AbeBeta

Reaction score
locked&loaded said:
if miles austin gets cut i hope he doesnt end up like jimmy smith...:banghead:

Well, based on his one catch in a garbage time of a pre-season game, I can't see how we could ever let the guy go.

I mean, how many UDFA ever have performances like that? Oh wait, my sources say, about a million of them every year.

The Realist

Reaction score
Austin as PO but let's not get carried away.

That would be devastating after watching Demetrius Summers to go on and become the next Emmitt Smith.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
You guys wanting to cut Green are funny. Do you all want to cut Carp as well? Because Green has been more productive as it relates to punt returns than Carp has been as it relates to the Defense.

Here's a crazy idea, give it until at least the end of the next game. Ever occur to you the kid might have been hesitant at first because it was his first ever Monday Night game and he might have been slightly scared?

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:

Agreed. Not sure I see the fascination with cutting him. He doesn't have the top-line speed I expected, but he has shown some wiggle and ability to break 20-yarders.

fortdick

Reaction score
Funxva said:
You guys wanting to cut Green are funny. Do you all want to cut Carp as well? Because Green has been more productive as it relates to punt returns than Carp has been as it relates to the Defense.

Here's a crazy idea, give it until at least the end of the next game. Ever occur to you the kid might have been hesitant at first because it was his first ever Monday Night game and he might have been slightly scared?

Nope. If he is too scared of TV duribng preseason, what will he do in the regualr season?

What has he shown, other than he is not as good as Thompson on kick returns? He can;t play receiver, contributes nothing else on special teams. Are we going to cut the likes of Rector or Hurd to keep him?