Twitter: Nick Bosa: "Tyron and La'el are beatable"

khiladi

Reaction score
I mean he kind of praised Tyron Smith calling him the best tackle in the game for a long time, right next to his teammate. He put him in the same breath as Trent Williams, a 49er.

khiladi

Reaction score
Tyron is a probowl starter. He's been playing at a high level

Forget pro-bowl which is voted in part by the fans. He was declared first team all-pro again this year and in this actual clip by Bosa, the best tackle for years alongside his teammate Trent Williams.

All Bosa said is they aren’t unbeatable and the tape shows they’ve been beat. What’s he supposed to say? It’s useless to even try, so we will just chill at the 50 yard line?

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Forget pro-bowl which is voted in part by the fans. He was declared first team all-pro again this year and in this actual clip by Bosa, the best tackle for years alongside his teammate Trent Williams.

All Bosa said is they aren’t unbeatable and the tape shows they’ve been beat. What’s he supposed to say? It’s useless to even try, so we will just chill at the 50 yard line?

Fan voting is actually overstated by fans. Their percentage actually is weighed the least out of the 3 (players, coaches, fans). Case in point being guys that were #1 at their position from fan voting, and then not even making the roster at all once the players and coaches votes come in.

khiladi

Reaction score
Fan voting is actually overstated by fans. Their percentage actually is weighed the least out of the 3 (players, coaches, fans). Case in point being guys that were #1 at their position from fan voting, and then not even making the roster at all once the players and coaches votes come in.

I wouldn’t say it’s over-stated, it has its place in situations where the voting is close between other players. Of course it is meaningless when fans are voting by pure homerism, because you aren’t going to even get a good distribution across the board among voters, not just fans, regarding that one player anyways.

It also probably shows that the serious voters really don’t take the pro-bowl that seriously anyways, meaning they won’t be as picky as they are with all pro voting.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wouldn’t say it’s over-stated, it has its place in situations where the voting is close between other players. Of course it is meaningless when fans are voting by pure homerism, because you aren’t going to even get a good distribution across the board among voters, not just fans, regarding that one player anyways.

It also probably shows that the serious voters really don’t take the pro-bowl that seriously anyways, meaning they won’t be as picky as they are with all pro voting.

i think you misunderstood what I was saying. I meant that the fan voting doesn’t really count. It’s weighted so lowly that it doesn’t truly matter. The players and coaches votes are the ones that really get you into a probowl. Theirs are weighted more heavily, which is how they end up overriding guys that got a bunch of fan votes.

khiladi

Reaction score
i think you misunderstood what I was saying. I meant that the fan voting doesn’t really count. It’s weighted so lowly that it doesn’t truly matter. The players and coaches votes are the ones that really get you into a probowl. Theirs are weighted more heavily, which is how they end up overriding guys that got a bunch of fan votes.

I understand bro, not being negative. My point is simply that, I don’t feel pro-bowl has that much meaning anymore as far as true rank of a player, especially nowadays.

Fan voting actually counts a third, players and coaching a third each as well, which is pretty significant when the voting is “close” between players. Further, the pro-bowl doesn’t even have that much value anymore, meaning I don’t even think the players and coaches take it that seriously either. I mean think about a player telling his teammates, don’t vote him into the pro-bowl because he doesn’t want to waste his weekend even going there.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyron and La'el. A yearly tribute, and Cowboys folklore for the grand kids.....see that spot imbedded in the turf, we name it Nick, our pet pancake.....:lmao2:

blueblood70

Reaction score
49ers played against both of our backup tackles in 2020 and not only did they lose they let Andy Dalton (whose also a backup) put up 41 points........

Not sure where this arrogance is coming from ? (especially from a team that barely made the playoffs and has missed it in 4 of the 5 previous years)
they are listening to the hype, they are being very hyped up as the team to beat the Darkhorse that comes from nowhere to win it all. thats the narrative, they are drinking the koolaid..id say the pressures on them now.. they are expected too upset us now. we are being picked against by 90% of the media as of early week predictors.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Goods players, team, coaches take quotes like this and make a burning inferno of disrespect/slight inside. Use this gift.

No more of a gift on what Parson's was quoted.

Reality is both teams have been basically keeping their traps shut. Seems like the defensive leaders made some comments from both teams that really aren't poster board material, but the press, like some here, are making more out of it than it is.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Where are you getting that? The voting is split 1/3 fans, players, and coaches vote.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Apparently, not as beatable as you, Nickie.

You average 3 tackles a game, bud. Our backup DE's have better numbers.
Yikes be careful Gregory averages half of that and I suggested he should probably have more. I got destroyed. Tackles are not a meaningful stat for a DE FYI.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yikes be careful Gregory averages half of that and I suggested he should probably have more. I got destroyed. Tackles are not a meaningful stat for a DE FYI.

Gregory aint the one shootin off his mouth about how beatable the other guys are. And while I agree tackles are not meaning for the RDE (rush end) they are a bit more meaningful for the LDE.. because that's the side where most teams run.. That's why Lawrence has more tackles (21) in half as many games as Gregory (19) .. I honestly don't know which side Bosa lines up on the majority of the time but I can all but guarantee you they aint sendin him to die against Tyron very often. He will face Collins upwards of 90% of the snaps he plays..

blueblood70

Reaction score
No more of a gift on what Parson's was quoted.

Reality is both teams have been basically keeping their traps shut. Seems like the defensive leaders made some comments from both teams that really aren't poster board material, but the press, like some here, are making more out of it than it is.
Not the same MP was responding to question from the media that said they would be more physical than our defense and play bully ball and he responded with a quote of his own.