Twitter: Nick Bosa: "Tyron and La'el are beatable"

bonafidebanter

Reaction score

He's seeing what we're witnessed all season. If/When Tyron is healthy, he looks like a player that's past his prime. I've been wanting to draft his replacement for the past 3 years now. La'el, at times, looks as if he forgot how to play. He tends to get lazy and stop moving his feet and starts grabbing and grappling defenders. Our genius OC doesn't make it easier for them in any way. But, with all of that said, I still have us winning. Go Cowboys!!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I'm not 100% certain, but I think Shabazz was disagreeing with Marcus.

Don't mind that guy. He's still scarred from a shellacking I gave him in a debate from years ago so you have to understand the unclear thinking every time he sees my screen name. The trauma is real.

For reference, the debate went like this symbolically:

Batman-GIF.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
Hey, Nick, every player can be beat. What did you take a course last year while your were missing the season about stating the obvious? Geez, hire a publicist or something to save us from your blather!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't mind that guy. He's still scarred from a shellacking I gave him in a debate from years ago so you have to understand the unclear thinking every time he sees my screen name. The trauma is real.

Batman-GIF.gif
You meanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr_437

Reaction score
No more of a gift on what Parson's was quoted.

Reality is both teams have been basically keeping their traps shut. Seems like the defensive leaders made some comments from both teams that really aren't poster board material, but the press, like some here, are making more out of it than it is.
You have your opinion, and both teams should use whatever is said to fuel them. Coaches will even make up stuff no one said (lie) to hype up certain players or the team...and now is the perfect time with all the physical vs finesse talk.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Batman-GIF.gif
I don't mind him at all, actually. He's a pretty funny guy. We don't always agree, but we don't care.

Reactions: G2

Brooksey

Reaction score
There was a time when Tyron wasn't beatable, maybe that guy will show up

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Loved him at Ohio State but he's the enemy now. Go hunting Smith and Collins. Bring back no prisoners!!!

DZSierra

Reaction score
You have your opinion, and both teams should use whatever is said to fuel them. Coaches will even make up stuff no one said (lie) to hype up certain players or the team...and now is the perfect time with all the physical vs finesse talk.

The reality is neither player said anything inflammatory nor worth anything to put up on a bulletin board to motivate the other team.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
First, if I was Bosa I would shut up.

Second, both Collins and Smith have been beaten more than once this year.

The game is everyone's moment to shut up the other opponent.

plasticman

Reaction score
Yikes be careful Gregory averages half of that and I suggested he should probably have more. I got destroyed. Tackles are not a meaningful stat for a DE FYI.

I think it should be a criteria and probably is where coaches are concerned.

I would look at the value of a DE being a combination of tackles, sacks, TFL, QB Hits, and forced fumbles.

In order to be fair these numbers would have to be evaluated as a percentage of total snaps.

There is no disagreeing that Nick Bosa had impressive sack numbers. 1.84% of his snaps ended up being sacks as compared to 1.37% for Randy Gregory and 1.1% for D-Law. However, his tackles as a percentage of snaps were below that of Lawrence, Parsons of course, and even Dorance Armstrong..

His TFL are also impressive but his QB hits, again, as a percentage of snaps, is the same as Dorance Armstrong, 3.80% versus 3.89%. Micah has 3.38% as a DE on a part time basis.

DeMarcus Lawrence and Randy Gregory are the Forced Fumbles experts this season with .74% and .69% respectively. Bosa has .48%.

There is also the fact that both Armstrong and Lawrence have actually scored TD's this season on defense. This is something Bosa has never done in his three year career.

To summarize, Nick Bosa may want to continue to try to improve certain aspects of his game other than just sacks. There are many ways that a DE can influence the outcome of a game and critiquing the ability of his opponents, one a future HOFer, is probably the most counter productive.