Nick Bosa "We Put The Blueprint Out There. Hopefully The Cowboys Watch The Tape."

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wut? We are one of the top (if not the top) teams at pressure percentage in the entire league

DQ blitzes a lot— but not because we can’t generate pressure with guys like Parsons, Law, Osa etc…

If we are patient and rush 4, we can get home, make Hurts have to hold the ball, and make contested throws

If we blitz a lot, we actually help Hurts with hot reads and scrambles
But they have to pressure him without leaving him room to run.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Exactly. It isn’t about sacks, but constricting the pocket while not giving him options to scramble— and make him hold the ball or force throws.
Yep, don't give him any easy outs by allowing him to scramble for a positive gain of yards or to keep drives alive with his legs. In situations where he otherwise would struggle with moving the ball down the field on a consistent basis. If he shows that he can dissect our defense from within the pocket, then Dan Quinn can adjust his game plan. But the important thing is for the defense not to get so pass rush happy that they leave lanes wide open for Hurts to escape to with his legs.

Jarntt

Reaction score
My bigger concern is stopping their run game and keeping them in 2nd and 3rd and long. We aren’t the 49ers. We don’t have their LBers and we aren’t as physical up front. when we are able to pin our ears back and go get the QB we are at our best. Yes, you can’t constantly run right by him and allow him to easily convert 1st downs with his legs, but you also can’t lose track of what you do. Those pressures lead to turnovers sometimes also. if we have them in 3rd and 8ish I’ll take my chances with just doing what we do best. Just play a little more zone so that there are always eyes on Hurts when he turns up field.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Clog his passing lanes and he struggles to see the field. He's recently been hesitating. He doesn't have his legs.