Nick Bosa "We Put The Blueprint Out There. Hopefully The Cowboys Watch The Tape."

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Those rivalry days are gone. They left with FA and also when the NFL put rules on violent hits. Don't kid yourself, at the end of the day the players themselves can swap jerseys and hug. Sure there are a few guys like Kittle are trying to ignite that but mehhh the hate is gone.
It's still burning bright inside me ma'friend! I'll never forget the Star Stomp.

IceBowler

Reaction score
We cant put pressure with 4 against Philly
We are not disciplined
We are not physical
We dont tackle well

Besides that we can copy this blueprint
It is the poor tackling that is the key here. That was the one thing that really stood out in the SF/PHI game. SF didn't miss tackles and held YAC waaay down. We must do the same .. although we generally do not.

Creeper

Reaction score
If the Cowboys watched game tape they would have watched the Rams play the 49ers before the Cowboys-49ers game and learned that all that short passing crap was exactly the wrong way to approach the SF defense.

I hope the Cowboys watch the game film too but given the Eagles are in the same division I bet they think they already know the Eagles well enough.

The trick to playing Hurts is to rushing him without losing discipline, even if it mean not getting sacks. The Bills did the same thing early in the games and made Hurts throws the ball out of bounds a lot. But Our DEs, with the exception of DLaw tend to lose discipline and either rush to wide and too deep or they cut inside and get caught there.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The trick to playing Hurts is to rushing him without losing discipline, even if it mean not getting sacks. The Bills did the same thing early in the games and made Hurts throws the ball out of bounds a lot. But Our DEs, with the exception of DLaw tend to lose discipline and either rush to wide and too deep or they cut inside and get caught there.
Reason #156 why DLaw is just a winning football player.

visionary

Reaction score
It is the poor tackling that is the key here. That was the one thing that really stood out in the SF/PHI game. SF didn't miss tackles and held YAC waaay down. We must do the same .. although we generally do not.
It is all about discipline and team defense
Understanding that winning is WAY more important than a pick or a sack
Just win
Our players don’t understand that

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Let’s See if Dallas can copy their script

Oh, like the Egirls won't make adjustments as per this tweet.
The product and script we shall see Sunday opposite us will be changed, ruffians, believe me.

JBS

Reaction score
Oh, like the Egirls won't make adjustments as per this tweet.
The product and script we shall see Sunday opposite us will be changed, ruffians, believe me.
You can try and adjust all you want. If you struggle against said blueprint, it is what it is

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’ve never been a Hurts fan and I’m as surprised as anyone at the success he has had in the NFL. That said most teams ,including the cowboys , do not have the defensive talent that SF can put on the field. What they can do is an anomaly in this league. It is not hard to recall that they also made Dak look like a scrub and he’s having an MVP year.
Hurts has done well in Philly.
Honestly, I think at least 50% of the QBs starting in the NFL would be successful in Philly or SF. That doesn’t have to discredit Hurts as one of them.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What have we heard for years and years about winning?

It's about matchups.

Doesn't matter what Dallas does, if they don't win the matchups, strategy probably won't matter....

starman22

Reaction score
Pretty extreme level of wrong. Dallas has the fewest missed tackles in the NFL but hey this guy says they’re bad at it. Is being the best bad

I agree about that, but what about the rest, when they rush the passer, they leave some big holes to exploit, that is concerning to me. I can't be to hard on them though, because I felt they played them very well in the matchup in Philly.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Interesting break down here from Greg Cosell who says how the Eagles OC have actually designed good plays for Hurts. But that Hurts is still having trouble processing and readings defenses. Seems like the Niners DC saw this in film and decide to let his defenders set back and force Hurts to prove that he can process their defense from the pocket and beat them with his arm. Our defense cannot allow Hurts to bail himself out with his legs or by playing backyard football. And has to make him prove that he can consistently process our defense and beat them with his arm.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Interesting break down here from Greg Cosell who says how the Eagles OC have actually designed good plays for Hurts. But that Hurts is still having trouble processing and readings defenses. Seems like the Niners DC saw this in film and decide to let his defenders set back and force Hurts to prove that he can process their defense from the pocket and beat them with his arm. Our defense cannot allow Hurts to bail himself out with his legs or by playing backyard football. And has to make him prove that he can consistently process our defense and beat them with his arm.

Yep. Shut his running down and keep Hurts from moving the chains over and over and over… and he has to become a real QB and read the coverage. That is bad for Philly.

Last year, teams were really struggling to stop Hurts running and his passing lanes were wide open… so it didn’t matter that his accuracy isn’t good or that he can’t read defenses fast enough. He just moved them down the field almost every time.

Teams figured that out over this past offseason and the Philly offense has been much different this whole season. They’ve still been winning because their OL is so good but their QB is limiting their offense in a big way.

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
Blueprint - single cover Brown on critical downs and win those reps. Highly replicable. :rolleyes:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yep. Shut his running down and keep Hurts from moving the chains over and over and over… and he has to become a real QB and read the coverage. That is bad for Philly.

Last year, teams were really struggling to stop Hurts running and his passing lanes were wide open… so it didn’t matter that his accuracy isn’t good or that he can’t read defenses fast enough. He just moved them down the field almost every time.
Even when his OL gave him around 4 seconds to throw against the 49ers, he still struggled because he couldn't process their defense after the first read and bailed. Usually the gameplan is to lo limit a QB's time in the pocket. But if defenses are intentionally giving him a lot of time and are just sitting back forcing him to prove that he can pick them apart, then it shows they don't respect him as an truly elite QB. As this time of game plan would never be used for Mahomes or the majority of the top QBs in the NFL who will make a secondary pay if the DL gives the QB too much time to throw.