Nickelodeon telecast is horrendous

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I haven’t tuned in but I steer clear of anything that has Nate Burleson on it. I find him annoying! He’s one of those that loves listening to themselves talk.

Alweezy

Reaction score
I feel like Nate Burleson has been working overtime trying to explain the entire game of football in a ELI5 format. Dude deserves a raise for this.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Besides, this is not exactly out of the blue. I remember before the Super Bowl in Houston with the Panthers and Pats when they were doing a whole bunch of stuff on Nickelodean in the lead up to the game. They didn't air it on Nickelodean, but the vast majority of the shows that day were football related episodes. Like Hey Arnold! with them playing football.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
These are the playoffs. This is do or die.

But the telecast is explaining simple concepts of football. Talking more about shows and characters than what's happening on the field.

This should have happened during regular season play, but definitely NOT the playoffs.

Once again the NFL has fumbled the ball on such a large stage. Why not show the Super Bowl on Nickelodeon if you want to bring in new viewers.
:clap:
I came into the room right at mid-afternoon and stood in front of the tele for five minutes. Bloke, all I wanted was a score but a girl and some dumb ex-jock were blabbing about work ethic, team effort and on and on.
Just sthu and let me see football!:mad:

Fontaine

Reaction score
It’s for kids, relax guys...

If you want to watch a normal telecast, switch over to CBS, it’s just that easy.

elcowboi

Reaction score
These are the playoffs. This is do or die.

But the telecast is explaining simple concepts of football. Talking more about shows and characters than what's happening on the field.

This should have happened during regular season play, but definitely NOT the playoffs.

Once again the NFL has fumbled the ball on such a large stage. Why not show the Super Bowl on Nickelodeon if you want to bring in new viewers.

You do realize it's for kids. Lol. They are teaching them the basics.

Alweezy

Reaction score
I think it was an interesting experiment and it was a fun broadcast. I don't know if any kid walks away learning more about football than they would have just watching the game with a family member, but they nailed the broadcast. The memes that are floating around right now have made an otherwise boring game iconic now.

Really puts in perspective that this is entertainment at the end of the day.