Nickelodeon telecast is horrendous

Proof

Reaction score
These are the playoffs. This is do or die.

But the telecast is explaining simple concepts of football. Talking more about shows and characters than what's happening on the field.

This should have happened during regular season play, but definitely NOT the playoffs.

Once again the NFL has fumbled the ball on such a large stage. Why not show the Super Bowl on Nickelodeon if you want to bring in new viewers.

it was awesome.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'd love for Nickelodeon to do the Thursday Night games next season. At least in a simulcast.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
NFL is desperate.

Has been dieing a slow death for years....they will try to blame it on covid....but the real problem is skyrocketing salaries for average players...poor officiating. Bad rules. Fixed games.

People have called me a nutcase for years for even suggesting it could be possible...look around @ what's going on in the world today....doesn't seem so far fetched now...does it?

Radiashun

Reaction score
Has been dieing a slow death for years....they will try to blame it on covid....but the real problem is skyrocketing salaries for average players...poor officiating. Bad rules. Fixed games.

People have called me a nutcase for years for even suggesting it could be possible...look around @ what's going on in the world today....doesn't seem so far fetched now...does it?
I'll agree except for 2 things. The NFL is not dying. Maybe not at its peak popularity, but people have more important things to worry about right now.
And 2, Jerry is easily one of the most powerful owners, and the Cowboys remain one of the most popular teams on EARTH. If the games are fixed, don't you think one in awhile the Cowboys would get to the Super Bowl? Seems foolish to keep your most popular property out of even the NFC championship game for 25 years if you're controlling things.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The Cowboys couldn't be on Nickelodeon. They'd have to be on Disney, because they're such a Mickey Mouse organization.

I'll show myself out....

Cowboys couldn’t be on any children’s network. Any time they’d show Jerry Jones the kids would run and tell their parents they saw a monster on TV. On top of that, our team is nothing but a circus full of jokes and clowns, except, it’s not even a funny circus. It’s a sad, depressing, scary circus with clowns like Pennywise. Our team is truly rated R.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Am I really the only person that realizes the OP didn’t know it was being shown in its regular broadcast and watched it on nikolodeon ? Rotfl !

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Imagine having an opinion on this. It’s for kids. There was a normal telecast too. Watch that if you’re a grown up

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
No. You are embarrassing yourself with this ridiculous take, as if you didn't know it was a simulcast. What the NFL did was quite genius actually. They should do more of this with variety of audiences.

next you’re telling me that they’re going to broadcast games on TVLand and QVC (that TV channel that scans old people watching it) to capture the 80+ audience.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
NFL is catering to little kids personally I see nothing wrong with that. I watched the normal broadcast but see nothing wrong with building interest with kids. How effective it was? who knows

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
These are the playoffs. This is do or die.

But the telecast is explaining simple concepts of football. Talking more about shows and characters than what's happening on the field.

This should have happened during regular season play, but definitely NOT the playoffs.

Once again the NFL has fumbled the ball on such a large stage. Why not show the Super Bowl on Nickelodeon if you want to bring in new viewers.

This shows just how far the league has fallen to have a kiddies network airing an NFL playoff game. All the games could be seen on the free major networks and if kids wanted to watch the game they could watch it with their families on those networks. The NFL just made a joke out of the playoffs. I'm betting there will be some strong push back on this. What's next NFL games on the cartoon network?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The NFL is trash compared to what kids can consume these days. They are wasting their time.