Nickelodeon telecast is horrendous

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here's what WRONG with your reply. None of the games this weekend were aired by two of the FOX, CBS, NBS or ABC networks for the same game. All of those networks also air regular season games too. That kiddie channel was airing during a game that CBS was airing. Also the fans as in adults that spend money on the NFL aren't going to watch a kiddie channel. If you don't have a problem with the NFL making a joke out of the playoffs, that's up to you.

Some might. I enjoyed watching the Nickelodeon version. And if you don't enjoy it, they had it on CBS as well. BTW, Nickelodeon is owned by the same company that owns CBS, so it's not like it was taking revenue away from CBS.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If it draws some kids into watching the NFL then great if not then it did not cost the NFL nothing and took nothing away from the regular broadcast

Exactly, and it brought a fun twist for seasoned watchers like I am. The sliming in the end zone was cool to see. Especially since I grew up watching Slime Time, and the 90s - early 2000s cartoons on Nickelodeon. And the players seemed to love being on Nickelodeon. Shouldn't be surprising since, like me, a lot of them also grew up on Spongebob, Rocket Power, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, and a slew of other classics.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
BS Who cares if Nickelodian carried the game? , there is a lot of positive feed back from coaches and players and in the meantime did not take away anything from the regular viewer. If kids watched the game then great it helps attract a younger fan base if not then again it took nothing away for the game. Let say for a second that they showed more game in the future on kids network? what harm is it causing to anyone? I would agree if the game was only being shown by kid channel but it is not you can still watch it on the regualr channel and then whine about the guys calling the game. We get to hear how Troy hates the Cowboys or Joe Buck sucks and on and on.. Fact is people complain over the dumbest things and this appears to be no different. It took nothing away from the game.

Good point! With how much people complain about Troy and Buck, it's NICE to have another option if you don't want to hear their commentary. Having a twist like Nickelodeon or, maybe eventually, Cartoon Network and WB would be NICE in having an alternative option. And Sean Payton seemed to enjoy getting slimed!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly, and it brought a fun twist for seasoned watchers like I am. The sliming in the end zone was cool to see. Especially since I grew up watching Slime Time, and the 90s - early 2000s cartoons on Nickelodeon. And the players seemed to love being on Nickelodeon. Shouldn't be surprising since, like me, a lot of them also grew up on Spongebob, Rocket Power, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, and a slew of other classics.

That is great, Myself I don't have any interest in watching the NFL on Nick, but I do understand it is a means to reach very young fans and teach them about the game even if their question seem silly. Todays generation is much different than mine, when I grew up you gained love of the sports by going out and getting a bunch of kids together for a pick up game of football, baseball or basketball. We did not sit in the house, we were constantly outside until your mother started hollering for us to come inside. Now days kids are into the video games and TV and this is a means to reach them and educate them on the game. To me that is a good thing and meanwhile it did not effect me or the game itself in terms of viewing these playoff games

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
My son loves @Nickelodeon but has never sat and watched a football game with me UNTIL today... I appreciate Nick introducing our kids to the game in a fun & entertaining way!! pic.twitter.com/Ofru2DfZbq

— Kurt Warner (@kurt13warner) January 10, 2021

Watching this @NFL playoff game on @Nickelodeon with my 5 year old son is pretty cool! Great idea to keep young kiddos engaged during a football game!!

— Eric Morris (@UIW_CoachMorris) January 10, 2021

Honestly, the whole broadcast has been spectacular at breaking the game down for kids. Really great job by @Nickelodeon and the #NFL.

— Jon Alba (@JonAlba) January 10, 2021

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...ised-nickelodeons-presentation-002547933.html

There you have it! It was FUN. People enjoyed it. It wasn't mocking the playoffs at all. It was just opening a new market, and it was entertaining and nostalgic.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That is great, Myself I don't have any interest in watching the NFL on Nick, but I do understand it is a means to reach very young fans and teach them about the game even if their question seem silly. Todays generation is much different than mine, when I grew up you gained love of the sports by going out and getting a bunch of kids together for a pick up game of football, baseball or basketball. We did not sit in the house, we were constantly outside until your mother started hollering for us to come inside. Now days kids are into the video games and TV and this is a means to reach them and educate them on the game. To me that is a good thing and meanwhile it did not effect me or the game itself in terms of viewing these playoff games

And those of us like me that are in our 20s - early 30s that grew up on these channels and still play video games. I know, I know, I'm a nerd hehe.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And those of us like me that are in our 20s - early 30s that grew up on these channels and still play video games. I know, I know, I'm a nerd hehe.

I think it is great, if young kids can learn about the game and appreciate this game that i love then great. In the end it took nothing away from my pleasure of watching the game on the regular NFL broadcast

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think it is great, if young kids can learn about the game and appreciate this game that i love then great. In the end it took nothing away from my pleasure of watching the game on the regular NFL broadcast

Exactly! It was a nice way to spread it out. Also, with the TV deals expiring after next season, it's also a good way to experiment to see what channels would work for simulcasts. I can see the league working out deals to, for example, work with CBS and Nickelodeon to simulcast Thursday Night Football. The more channels they work with, the more money they can make in TV deals imo. Plus, the fact you're using multiple platforms and channels means more advertisers relating to the channel you're watching can air commercials simultaneously during the same broadcast.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly! It was a nice way to spread it out. Also, with the TV deals expiring after next season, it's also a good way to experiment to see what channels would work for simulcasts. I can see the league working out deals to, for example, work with CBS and Nickelodeon to simulcast Thursday Night Football. The more channels they work with, the more money they can make in TV deals imo. Plus, the fact you're using multiple platforms and channels means more advertisers relating to the channel you're watching can air commercials simultaneously during the same broadcast.

Given how the viewership in all sports continues to drop these leagues better start looking to a younger generation to gain popularity

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Given how the viewership in all sports continues to drop these leagues better start looking to a younger generation to gain popularity

Exactly, and utilizing platforms like Nickelodeon will help. Especially if they fuse popular shows like Spongebob with it.

ESisback

Reaction score
As long as the games are shown on traditional networks, the NFL making the games on alternate channels with different formats is ok.
Consider it similar to the College Football Championhship game being streamed on channels that affiliate with the two finalists' radio broadcast teams. If fact, the game tonight will be on 14 telecasts ='College Football Playoff National Championship Magacast'.
Fine by me, I’m just pointing out why they do it.

Techsass

Reaction score
I'll agree except for 2 things. The NFL is not dying. Maybe not at its peak popularity, but people have more important things to worry about right now.
And 2, Jerry is easily one of the most powerful owners, and the Cowboys remain one of the most popular teams on EARTH. If the games are fixed, don't you think one in awhile the Cowboys would get to the Super Bowl? Seems foolish to keep your most popular property out of even the NFC championship game for 25 years if you're controlling things.
I gave you a LIKE because your argument makes a lot of sense...but I know better.

As far as the Nikelodion broadcast, I absolutely hated it, but I lived through it OK. It was the only stream I could find of the game. Streaming is still new enough to where I'll take what I can find.