Nickelodeon telecast is horrendous

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
They’re testing the waters. Like sharks, they’re constantly moving, looking for more food. If they add enough new viewers to make it profitable, they’ll do it for EVERY game. They don’t care about the game, the fans, or the quality of the product. If an old man pooping at halftime meant more money, you’d hear grunting and flushing and poop paper commercials every break.

If it's going after new fans, little kiddies don't buy NFL stuff. Adults who spend the money aren't going to watch the games on a kiddies channel.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This shows just how far the league has fallen to have a kiddies network airing an NFL playoff game. All the games could be seen on the free major networks and if kids wanted to watch the game they could watch it with their families on those networks. The NFL just made a joke out of the playoffs. I'm betting there will be some strong push back on this. What's next NFL games on the cartoon network?

I would agree if it was only Nickelodeon who was showing the game but that was not the case. FOX,CBS and NBC broadcasted the game so what does it matter if they allowed Nichelodeon to show the game in a manner that may attract kids to the game of football? It seems to you just want to rant even on things that did not change anything for the hardcore fans who watched the games on the regular networks.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I would agree if it was only Nickelodeon who was showing the game but that was not the case. FOX,CBS and NBC broadcasted the game so what does it matter if they allowed Nichelodeon to show the game in a manner that may attract kids to the game of football? It seems to you just want to rant even on things that did not change anything for the hardcore fans who watched the games on the regular networks.

Exactly, I like the experiment.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If it's going after new fans, little kiddies don't buy NFL stuff. Adults who spend the money aren't going to watch the games on a kiddies channel.

and? no one was forcing you to watch it on Nickeodian and in the meantime you watched the game on the standard channels so what skin off your nose is any of this?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Here's what WRONG with your reply. None of the games this weekend were aired by two of the FOX, CBS, NBS or ABC networks for the same game. All of those networks also air regular season games too. That kiddie channel was airing during a game that CBS was airing. Also the fans as in adults that spend money on the NFL aren't going to watch a kiddie channel. If you don't have a problem with the NFL making a joke out of the playoffs, that's up to you.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
and? no one was forcing you to watch it on Nickeodian and in the meantime you watched the game on the standard channels so what skin off your nose is any of this?

Because as a very long time fan of the NFL it made a joke out of the playoffs. What's next having games on the Cartoon network?

Plankton

Reaction score
Here's what WRONG with your reply. None of the games this weekend were aired by two of the FOX, CBS, NBS or ABC networks for the same game. All of those networks also air regular season games too. That kiddie channel was airing during a game that CBS was airing. Also the fans as in adults that spend money on the NFL aren't going to watch a kiddie channel. If you don't have a problem with the NFL making a joke out of the playoffs, that's up to you.

Dude, do you ever get tired of being wrong about things? ABC/ESPN aired the Ravens-Titans game on FreeForm. NBC ran their games on Peacock. CBS' games were available on Amazon Prime as well as Nickelodeon for yesterday's game. The younger demographics are not watching football - this was all an effort to try and tap into that demographic.

If you think that this is making a joke of the playoffs, then the joke is on you. The NFL has gotten a lot of buzz over the Nickeodeon airing of the game. It will only help them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Because as a very long time fan of the NFL it made a joke out of the playoffs. What's next having games on the Cartoon network?

BS Who cares if Nickelodian carried the game? , there is a lot of positive feed back from coaches and players and in the meantime did not take away anything from the regular viewer. If kids watched the game then great it helps attract a younger fan base if not then again it took nothing away for the game. Let say for a second that they showed more game in the future on kids network? what harm is it causing to anyone? I would agree if the game was only being shown by kid channel but it is not you can still watch it on the regualr channel and then whine about the guys calling the game. We get to hear how Troy hates the Cowboys or Joe Buck sucks and on and on.. Fact is people complain over the dumbest things and this appears to be no different. It took nothing away from the game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My son loves @Nickelodeon but has never sat and watched a football game with me UNTIL today... I appreciate Nick introducing our kids to the game in a fun & entertaining way!! pic.twitter.com/Ofru2DfZbq

— Kurt Warner (@kurt13warner) January 10, 2021

Watching this @NFL playoff game on @Nickelodeon with my 5 year old son is pretty cool! Great idea to keep young kiddos engaged during a football game!!

— Eric Morris (@UIW_CoachMorris) January 10, 2021

Honestly, the whole broadcast has been spectacular at breaking the game down for kids. Really great job by @Nickelodeon and the #NFL.

— Jon Alba (@JonAlba) January 10, 2021

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...ised-nickelodeons-presentation-002547933.html

Radiashun

Reaction score
Did you wait until you were an adult to become an NFL fan? I became a Cowboys fan when I was 8, and I still care way too much about the Cowboys 30 some years later. They may have planted a seed with some kids that will lead them to watch games and debate stupid stuff on message boards for the next 30 some years.
(I'm glad there weren't message boards when I was little, though. It would have been hard watching half of the fans trash Danny White).

Motorola

Reaction score
They’re testing the waters. Like sharks, they’re constantly moving, looking for more food. If hothey add enough new viewers to make it profitable, they’ll do it for EVERY game. They don’t care about the game, the fans, or the quality of the product. If an old man pooping at halftime meant more money, you’d hear grunting and flushing and poop paper commercials every break.
As long as the games are shown on traditional networks, the NFL making the games on alternate channels with different formats is ok.
Consider it similar to the College Football Championhship game being streamed on channels that affiliate with the two finalists' radio broadcast teams. If fact, the game tonight will be on 14 telecasts ='College Football Playoff National Championship Magacast'.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Are you sure? That broadcast was brutal, in fact it might have turned people away from the game watching the commentators fawn over Lamar Jackson.

which broadcast? lol The nicelodeon broadcast was geared towards kids on a level they could understand. Meantime the weekly chat session here tends to be how bad the broadcast on the major networks. My favorite is when Troy Aikman does our games, we get to hear how he sucks and he hates the Cowboys.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
138117490_10158939608792822_1430988986016936277_o.jpg
:muttley:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dude, do you ever get tired of being wrong about things? ABC/ESPN aired the Ravens-Titans game on FreeForm. NBC ran their games on Peacock. CBS' games were available on Amazon Prime as well as Nickelodeon for yesterday's game. The younger demographics are not watching football - this was all an effort to try and tap into that demographic.

If you think that this is making a joke of the playoffs, then the joke is on you. The NFL has gotten a lot of buzz over the Nickeodeon airing of the game. It will only help them.

So a zillion new kids watched a game presented like some kiddie video game and how exactly does that help the NFL? Do those kids have their own independent money to go spend it on the NFL or will still have to go to mommy and daddy for money? My next question how does the NFL know how many kiddies were first time watchers of NFL games and how many just watched it on nick because they watch nick for other programs and in reality the vast majority of those kiddies watched games prior on FOX, CBS, NBC and ABC/ESPN so airing games on kiddie channels really isn't necessary. Gee will the NFL air the draft on nick too? I'm not the only person here who thinks having the game on that kiddie channel was a joke.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So a zillion new kids watched a game presented like some kiddie video game and how exactly does that help the NFL? Do those kids have their own independent money to go spend it on the NFL or will still have to go to mommy and daddy for money? My next question how does the NFL know how many kiddies were first time watchers of NFL games and how many just watched it on nick because they watch nick for other programs and in reality the vast majority of those kiddies watched games prior on FOX, CBS, NBC and ABC/ESPN so airing games on kiddie channels really isn't necessary. Gee will the NFL air the draft on nick too? I'm not the only person here who thinks having the game on that kiddie channel was a joke.

These kids grow up to be adults at least some of them do. I would be upset if the only option of watching the game was on Nickelodeon but it wasn't. NFL showing the games to kids in a manner that drew their attention and explained things in ways they could understand it did nothing in terms of taking away from the regular broadcast. I don't get the outrage over this

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Did you wait until you were an adult to become an NFL fan? I became a Cowboys fan when I was 8, and I still care way too much about the Cowboys 30 some years later. They may have planted a seed with some kids that will lead them to watch games and debate stupid stuff on message boards for the next 30 some years.
(I'm glad there weren't message boards when I was little, though. It would have been hard watching half of the fans trash Danny White).

I became a Cowboys fan the very first day they came into the league. At that time there was only CBS that aired NFL games. I didn't need a kiddie channel to get me interested in and become a fan of the NFL and the Cowboys. At 7 years old me and all the other kids sat around with their dads or whoever they lived with and watched the games. Nobody had to make me sit there and watch, I watched because I wanted to. So to say that kiddies have to have a kiddies channel to get interested in the NFL is a load of crap.