Twitter: No Cowboys make All Pro team

75boyz

Reaction score
I can't imagine the jealousy/hate of so many when the best GM in all of sports has let us all know how much talent he, his son and Will have assembled. Year after year.

And then no pro bowlers OR All Pros are chosen.

Haters gonna hate.

Tussinman

Reaction score
lmao at cole beasley. Supposedly the only reason he got 2nd team was a single voter (Peter King) gave him a single vote because he was the only person who didn't pick his best 3 receivers, he picked his favorite of each slot (WR #1, WR #2, WR #3).

Guess people should stop spouting the popular narrative of "pro bowl is a popularity contest, all-pro is the non-biased choice"

Swagger

Reaction score
lmao at cole beasley. Supposedly the only reason he got 2nd team was a single voter (Peter King) gave him a single vote because he was the only person who didn't pick his best 3 receivers, he picked his favorite of each slot (WR #1, WR #2, WR #3).

Guess people should stop spouting the popular narrative of "pro bowl is a popularity contest, all-pro is the non-biased choice"
One vote...

All Pro is far more representative of consistent quality performances over a season than the Pro Bowl.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Unlike making the Pro Bowl--where maybe the 10th or 15th best player at his position can make the team some years---
making the All-Pro team is a HUGE accomplishment.

Even making 2nd team All-Pro is huge.
Beasley isn't even top 20 in any of the WR metrics (yard average, total yards, touchdowns, receptions) and he just made 2nd team all-pro.

Even all-pro team can be flawed just like pro bowl injury alternate

Tussinman

Reaction score
One vote...

All Pro is far more representative of consistent quality performances over a season than the Pro Bowl.
Over 90% of the day 1 pro bowl roster makes either NFL top 100 or all-pro team

The issue people have is the injury replacements sneaking in but it's moot because majority of people don't consider those true pro bowl picks regardless

DFWJC

Reaction score
Beasley isn't even top 20 in any of the WR metrics (yard average, total yards, touchdowns, receptions) and he just made 2nd team all-pro.

Even an All-Pro team can be flawed just like pro bowl injury alternate
I saw that and agree about Beaz..
Otherwise, yes, it might be flawed, but far, FAR less so. There is not opting out due to playing in the playoffs or just not wanting to be on the team. Plus far more make it even without the opt-outs.

They allowed for a ton of WRs this year on the 2nd team this year by leaving out TE and having a ton of ties.

Normally, obviously, the ALL Pro teams mean you are top 2 at QB (if we include 2nd team) and top 6 at WR.
No Mitch Trubiskys are ever making the All_pro team, for example.

Since there is not actually a game and players can't opt-out, it's a far better indicator than that silly Pro Bowl fiasco.

Swagger

Reaction score
I saw that and agree about Beaz..
Otherwise, yes, it might be flawed, but far, FAR less so. There is not opting out due to playing in the playoffs or just not wanting to be on the team. Plus far more make it even without the opt-outs.

They allowed for a ton of WRs this year on the 2nd team this year by leaving out TE and having a ton of ties.

Normally, obviously, the ALL Pro teams mean you are top 2 at QB (if we include 2nd team) and top 6 at WR.
No Mitch Trubiskys are ever making the All_pro team, for example.

Since there is not actually a game and players can't opt-out, it's a far better indicator than that silly Pro Bowl fiasco.
Completely agree.

Wasn't Dak Prescott also an injury/availability replacement in 2018 along with Mitch Trubusky after a very average season? That's what degrades the Pro Bowl. Average being regarded as up with the best performing handful of players in their position in the league during that season.

I wouldn't have voted for him myself but it could be argued that Beasley was one of the highest performing slot receivers this season. Almost 1000 receiving yards and he missed a few games with injuries. So I don't have a huge issue with it myself.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Completely agree.

Wasn't Dak Prescott also an injury/availability replacement in 2018 along with Mitch Trubusky after a very average season? That's what degrades the Pro Bowl. Average being regarded as up with the best performing handful of players in their position in the league during that season.

I wouldn't have voted for him myself but it could be argued that Beasley was one of the highest performing slot receivers this season. Almost 1000 receiving yards and he missed a few games with injuries. So I don't have a huge issue with it myself.
Agree.

Hey, Beasley had a real nice season. Big kudos to him.
All Pro 2nd team though. Uh, no. Not THAT good.

Swagger

Reaction score
Agree.

Hey, Beasley had a real nice season. Big kudos to him.
All Pro 2nd team though. Uh, no. Not THAT good.
I agree. It slightly degrades the All Pro level with Beasley but I can at least understand the rationale even if I don't agree with it. Whereas the likes of Trubisky and Prescott being Pro Bowlers in 2018 was a joke.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Safe to say there have been maybe 70-80 Cole Beasley situations on the Pro Bowl in the last 10 years....maybe 7-8 every year.
This happening for All-Pro is maybe once every other year or so.

The narrative is very true....and there is no comparison between the average quality of player making All-Pro vs Pro Bowl.