No Dallas QB in Past 20 Years Has Less Playmakers Than Dak

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Dak wouldnt know what to do with the talent anyway. Half his throws are to CD, another quarter to the TE position and the rest to everyone else.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Again, how do the Chiefs, Lions, Ravens, etc field teams who reach their respective conference championship game while adhering to the same salary cap rules as the idiot Jones boys?
Cap hit this year
Lions Goff $27m
Chiefs Mahomes $37m
Ravens Jackson $32.4m
Cowboys Prescott $44m

Just for reference, cap difference between Pollard and Amari Cooper ($13m), who Dallas let go and Zeke + Cooks ($12M): $1m

If Dallas had Cooper and Pollard right now instead of Zeke and Cooks, this thread wouldn't exist. Even with that, I'm surprised how small the difference is.

Regardless, the one thing that people don't really think about with Dak is his demand for short contracts. Most other NFL QBs takes longer deals which give their team flexibility to retain talent. I don't behoove Dak the money so much as him holding the team hostage for short contracts. Its really anti-team.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So the Jones boys sabotage their owns teams success because they have a personal score to settle? That’s reason #2745 why we cant mk a deep playoff run. Glad our front office is so occupied with vendettas and revenge.
I don’t think it has anything to do with revenge, and more about their cap management philosophy. They manage the team to “hang around the rim” in Jerry’s words. Consistent regular season success is more important to them than risking future financials for a true window to contend for a Super Bowl.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Lmao

Dak has had one of the best supporting casts of any quarterback for damn near his entire career. Premier / top 10 running game, premier / top 10 Ols, lamb/Cooks/cooper/good above average TEs, better then average defenses most years which produce lots of ints. Sometime all of this in the same year

Granted OL is nowhere where it was however in the grand scheme of things is still better then the vast majority of the league. People act like it's trash. Granted I agree RB room is bad. You have lamb and Cooks who are both 1k receivers if used correctly and ferg is turning into a beast.

In the end Dak hit the lottery jackpot. Hell most quarterbacks would still love to have the talent Dak has been surrounded by.

Pollard was misused last year
Same with Cooks.
Granted we don't have a RB room but the run scheme is generac and can be seen coming a mile away
So ... most QBs would "love" to play with a defense that allows TD scores in 6 of 7 opposing offensive drives? Let alone in 2 of the last 3 games?

Or with defenses that give up 250+ rushing yards in playoff games?

Cool. I mean I do believe you, but cool.

Redline360

Reaction score
So ... most QBs would "love" to play with a defense that allows TD scores in 6 of 7 opposing offensive drives? Let alone in 2 of the last 3 games?

Or with defenses that give up 250+ rushing yards in playoff games?

Cool. I mean I do believe you, but cool.
The same defense that held the 49ers in the post season and we got deer in headlights Dak? The same defense that has shutdown opponents and the offense still struggles?

Pretty narrow minded comment without looking at the big picture. Like cherry picking stats

SackMaster

Reaction score
The same defense that held the 49ers in the post season and we got deer in headlights Dak? The same defense that has shutdown opponents and the offense still struggles?

Pretty narrow minded comment without looking at the big picture. Like cherry picking stats
You mean the same thing you did?

Ha, funny how that works.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL QBs make playmakers in today's league. You know what most QBs don't have most of their career? Top 3 offensive lines.

Sheepish

Reaction score
Excuses.

Good QBs make 7th rounders look like 4th rounders and 4th rounders look like 1st rounders.

But yeah let's just keep throwing the skill position players further and further under the bus.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
even his completions have been inaccurate...D has held the last 2 drives and yet here we still are