CFZ No Excuses. Period

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we want our Cowboys to finally win a divisional round playoff game, there can be NO EXCUSES. PERIOD.
I‘m hoping this team mentally rejects all the excuses that many throw out about why we have a “disadvantage”. Here are some of the many excuses we must hope our team rejects:
  • ”They get two more days of rest”. Who cares? Just win.
  • ”On the road again this week.” Who cares? Just win.
  • ”They whipped us physically last time.” Doesn’t matter this time. Just win.
  • ”The refs (fill in the blank)…” Who cares? Overcome them. Just win.
  • “It’s a grass field.” Don’t care. Doesn’t matter. Just win.
  • ”We’re not getting respected this week.” Who cares? We haven’t earned it yet. Everyone has to respect playoff wins. Keep winning.
  • ”So and so is hurt…” Who cares? They have players out too. Just win.
  • ”We haven’t won these kind of games.” Just win this one.
Just win. Find a way. Be mentally tougher than they are. Punch then counter-punch.
If we win we its because we earned it. If they win it’s because they overcame our best shot on every single play.

NO EXCUSES. FIND A WAY. JUST WIN.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If we want our Cowboys to finally win a divisional round playoff game, there can be NO EXCUSES. PERIOD.
I‘m hoping this team mentally rejects all the excuses that many throw out about why we have a “disadvantage”. Here are some of the many excuses we must hope our team rejects:
  • ”We’re not getting respected this week.” Who cares? We haven’t earned it yet. Everyone has to respect playoff wins. Keep winning.
Just win. Find a way. Be mentally tougher than they are. Punch then counter-punch.
If we win we its because we earned it. If they win it’s because they overcame our best shot on every single play.

I don't disagree, but couple of those bullet points have real impact. going on the road for the 4th time in a row. that's tough. and if you have two less days and lose a day to travel. it impacts your game preparation. their coaches/players have had two more days to watch tape and prepare. it makes a difference.

but I am with you. do what's needed. go out and win.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't disagree, but couple of those bullet points have real impact. going on the road for the 4th time in a row. that's tough. and if you have two less days and lose a day to travel. it impacts your game preparation. their coaches/players have had two more days to watch tape and prepare. it makes a difference.

Just win. No excuses. I mean fans can embrace them but if the players do they’ve already lost. It’s all about mental toughness at this point.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
Just win. No excuses. I mean fans can embrace them but if the players do they’ve already lost. It’s all about mental toughness at this point.
"Mental toughness" is about #378 on the list of things that will determine victory Sunday. At the top are talent, scheme, matchups and luck.

I have no idea what "no excuses" is supposed to mean. I guess you mean something like "give your best effort," which, sure, of course they will.

rambo2

Reaction score

It's going to be a good game. I like their chances. They have a shot. Enjoy the ride.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else"... Benjamin Franklin

Playoff football is not for the weak at heart. This is the time to be inspired, to play your best, don't let it be said that they wanted it more than you.

Leave it all on the field, it will do you no good on the flight home.

Let's go Big D!!!

rags747

Reaction score

I can finally agree with one of your posts! You sure that you didn’t miss adding anything about Jerry standing in the way?! Bless you…

cnuball21

Reaction score
I mean, they’re a better and more talented team that’s my only excuse.

They should win and our favored to win. Of course I’ll be rooting like crazy.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

So what? If you want to go get something and the odds are against you, to freaking bad on you. It's like training like a Nave SEAL.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

I see some mental toughness in this team so far...
I don't like to call it "swagger", that was a Garrett word. I think the are getting confident, and that not an excuse.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Yeah! No excuses enough is enoug!

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The 9ers have had tons of success over the last 25 years.

IT’S OUR TURN!

tumblr_nuno704PfB1qe5j2fo1_500.gif

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I mean, they’re a better and more talented team that’s my only excuse.

They should win and our favored to win. Of course I’ll be rooting like crazy.

How do you know they are a better team then the Cowboys? The game has not been played.

See the bold above? He said, no freaking excuses!