CFZ No Excuses. Period

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a phrase that fans, who have absolutely no insight into the players' mental states, love to throw around as if they know something.
I guess "keep your head in the game" is another worthless saying that nobody here would ever possibly know about?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
If we want our Cowboys to finally win a divisional round playoff game, there can be NO EXCUSES. PERIOD.
I‘m hoping this team mentally rejects all the excuses that many throw out about why we have a “disadvantage”. Here are some of the many excuses we must hope our team rejects:
  • ”They get two more days of rest”. Who cares? Just win.
  • ”On the road again this week.” Who cares? Just win.
  • ”They whipped us physically last time.” Doesn’t matter this time. Just win.
  • ”The refs (fill in the blank)…” Who cares? Overcome them. Just win.
  • “It’s a grass field.” Don’t care. Doesn’t matter. Just win.
  • ”We’re not getting respected this week.” Who cares? We haven’t earned it yet. Everyone has to respect playoff wins. Keep winning.
  • ”So and so is hurt…” Who cares? They have players out too. Just win.
  • ”We haven’t won these kind of games.” Just win this one.
Just win. Find a way. Be mentally tougher than they are. Punch then counter-punch.
If we win we its because we earned it. If they win it’s because they overcame our best shot on every single play.

NO EXCUSES. FIND A WAY. JUST WIN.
You can say that but the fact the niners had two extra days of rest is a real thing. Nobody will use it but it is a legit disadvantage.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huh? "No excuses" is a nonsense phrase. There's plenty of room for interesting discussion about things that are actually relevant.
Such as?

You claimed the phrase was "nonsense" because it doesn't effect anything.

What here does?

Flawed logic....you tried to get cleverly cute. Self-proclaimed. There's is ZERO, NOTHING, NIL...NADA...we say here that effects anything. Just a time waster. Fun...most of the time...but still.

Now...if you wanna try again with some different rationale for "no excuses" and "mental toughness" conversation being inane...I'm reading. You must keep busy identifying and protesting all the other silly stuff going on here.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can say that but the fact the niners had two extra days of rest is a real thing. Nobody will use it but it is a legit disadvantage.
I don't think he's saying it isn't a real thing....an advantage. Of ourse the extra days and a home game are very real. Still have to go out and...knock their block off. :cool:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The OP is flat wrong...that's the point. Please learn to think, and to not slavishly follow others.

We aren't going to beat the Niners and the refs, if "the refs come to play".

I don't take the NFL very seriously -- and won't until they take the integrity of the game seriously.
The refs could probably tip a close game. But have to make it not close.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Such as?

You claimed the phrase was "nonsense" because it doesn't effect anything.

What here does?

Flawed logic....you tried to get cleverly cute. Self-proclaimed. There's is ZERO, NOTHING, NIL...NADA...we say here that effects anything. Just a time waster. Fun...most of the time...but still.

Now...if you wanna try again with some different rationale for "no excuses" and "mental toughness" conversation being inane...I'm reading. You must keep busy identifying and protesting all the other silly stuff going on here.
Good lord. There's plenty of discussion of matchups and scheme and player availability and all sorts of interesting things. "No excuses" means nothing, there's nothing to discuss, learn or debate about it, in large part because nobody can even define what it's supposed to be getting at.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
"We must win, we will win, winning is the name of the game"

Some old dork said that once, hope this 30th anniversary of the 92' NFCCG we all get to watch it again.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good lord. There's plenty of discussion of matchups and scheme and player availability and all sorts of interesting things. "No excuses" means nothing, there's nothing to discuss, learn or debate about it, in large part because nobody can even define what it's supposed to be getting at.
SO how does any of that effect anything? That's the reason you gave. Try another reason like say..."this conversation doesn't interest me therefore it is meaningless".

I could get on with that.

And...Bob did define it with bullet points. He can't make it any simpler for you.

Aven8

Reaction score
What if the sun gets in our third WR’s eyes and he doesn’t make a huge catch?

Never mind! Wrong stadium…..;)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why should we care what he said? He's not the boss here. Besides, "no excuses" is a nonsense phrase that doesn't mean anything. Saying "no excuses" has no effect on the outcome of the game or anything that happens to anybody after it.

If the Cowboys win, there will be reasons they won. If they lose, there will be reasons they lose. It's as simple as that.
Bob is trying to tell you....he doesn't care what the excuses....er....."reasons" are. If we lose there'll be a whole host of them. Bob doesn't give a &^@#. He's had his fill already.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If we want our Cowboys to finally win a divisional round playoff game, there can be NO EXCUSES. PERIOD.
I‘m hoping this team mentally rejects all the excuses that many throw out about why we have a “disadvantage”. Here are some of the many excuses we must hope our team rejects:
  • ”We’re not getting respected this week.” Who cares? We haven’t earned it yet. Everyone has to respect playoff wins. Keep winning.
Just win. Find a way. Be mentally tougher than they are. Punch then counter-punch.
If we win we its because we earned it. If they win it’s because they overcame our best shot on every single play.

49ers strike me as 2 dimentional: they have a great running game and a superb offence

Cowboys are more well grounded. When the Cowboys are on all cylinders they are a superbly run team.

T-RO

Reaction score
Bob is trying to tell you....he doesn't care what the excuses....er....."reasons" are. If we lose there'll be a whole host of them. Bob doesn't give a &^@#. He's had his fill already.
I generally like Bob's posts, but this one is &^@#. He's in no position to play censor to what we want to talk about if/when we lose.

Exactly.

cnuball21

Reaction score
How do you know they are a better team then the Cowboys? The game has not been played.

See the bold above? He said, no freaking excuses!

Because they have the better coach / scheme, better offensive weapons and arguably the best defense in football.

We might win, and I really hope we do, but they are clearly the better team / more talented roster.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Yeehawwwww!!!!
You got me fired up!!